Ratings for Dr. Doug Hill

The staff is prompt and friendly and Dr. Hill is kind, gentle and informative. He is a great listener and will assess and do as you wish for botox injections with suggestions, but will not overdo it. He also does not overcharge and is conveniently located. There was minimum time and the staff was efficient. A very trusted and experienced Doctor, you will enjoy his gentle touch. I have been to him about 3 times now for botox injections and he is very careful and pays great attention. He does NOT overprice, and he is wonderful. If does not load your face with botox as was said below. He listens very well to what you want and does not rush you through. A trusted doctor. I have been to other clinics and Dr. Hill is one of the best!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I had been a patient of Dr. Hill as well as one of his nursing staff in years past, for both botox injections and injections of the popular cosmetic fillers. Oddly, I never had any issues with the support staff as many others here obviously have. Just lucky I suppose. However.... I would NOT recommend Dr. Hill for any botox injections. I always had great results with botox when I visited with a Dr. Singh in Edmonton, the guy is an absolute pro...... but the botox work I got from Dr. Hill was a nightmare. He proceeded to just load my face up with about twice the amount of botox that I had ever received in the past, with HORRIBLE HORRIBLE results. The area around my eyebrows became "frozen" and had a very unnatural appearance for about 60 days until the botox began to wear off. I had unusual liquid build up under my eyes some mornings and looked 10 or 15 years older until that side effect finally went away. I am serious, it was A HORROR SHOW...... enough to make anyone shy away from cosmetic procedures forever !! So Dr. Hill was decent enough to mail me a letter of apology which went a long way..... but he never offered any refund of the more than $ 800 that he had charged me for the work. If I were a physician who did something like this to a patient, the least I would be offering is either a full refund or to re-do the work at some future date, for no charge. Despite the horror show, no such offer was ever made, even when I again visited his office for some cosmetic filler work. That work, incidentally, went really well but was not performed by Dr. Hill, but rather by one of the nursing staff. My comment is however, that it is a lot of money, about $ 1000. for a treatment that only lasts a few months..... honestly, I gave up on the cosmetic fillers because it is so much money for results that never lasted very long, at least not for me...... and I note that another person made similar comments here. But, to conclude the botox nightmare......... Dr. Hill speculated that the issues were caused by a past eyelid surgery I had more than 14 years earlier, but that is simply absurd. I have never had any side effects with the botox work performed by Dr. Singh in Edmonton, either prior to, or since, the nightmare botox work performed by Dr. Hill. Rather, he screwed up the procedure, plain and simple, and I later came to find out from a dermatologist, that he was aware of other"inexperienced" or "unqualified" physicians that had caused similar "very poor results" with botox injections, with other patients that he knew of. I had no idea that botox work required such skill and expertise, but I found out the hard way that it absolutely does. I would strongly advise anyone seeking botox injections to look elsewhere and avoid Dr. Hill at all costs.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr Hill is very knowledgeable and a good doctor. He seems caring but there is a receptionist that is very rude and confrontational. my first encounter with her has left a bad taste in my mouth. I would never recommend treatment at this clinic due to this receptionists horrible attitude. The rest of the staff were good.

Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr Hill is so nice and takes pride in his profession. Now if his staff would do the same that would be awesome. I paid $60.00 for knee high stockings that come way up to my thigh and the staff didn't seem to care, I do not live in Calgary and they say its my responsibility to take them Back.. staff very UNPROFESSIONAL.

Submitted August 16, 2016

First of all, the receptionist is horrible. I almost considered going elsewhere just because of how ignorant/rude she was. My experience with Dr. Hill however, has been excellent. I've only seen him twice, but he is thorough, considerate, and well educated.

Submitted May 11, 2016

Don't waste your time. Terrible staff and Dr. I had to wait for him for 50 min. (Never appologized) when he finally arrived he was distant and not intrested in my questions. I had 5 questions and he looked at his watch to let me know that that's too many. After wasting my time on waiting for him at least he could answer few of my questions -That's what I pay him for!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I recently began seeing Dr. Hill for vein injections. He has been courteous and pleasant, always asking if I have any questions or concerns. If I do he answers them professionally and is very knowledgeable. I have had these treatments before with another specialist and the costs were much higher. Yes, you need to have the treatments done regularly as the problem does not go away. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I have been gong to see Dr. Hill off and on since 2003 for treatment of spider veins. I have never had any problems. Staff was always really great with me and treatments did not seem over priced.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Hill for years. He recommmended that i have my saphenous vein removed and that would help with my leg problems ( trust me, dont ever get this done). I had this done in 1999 and have had to go for injections every year since.( out of my own pocket). I called this year to make my appointment and the snotty receptionist told me that since i hadnt made an appt in 2013, I would now need to pay for a consultation and then the injections.i told her it was only the start of 2014, but she didnt care and told me if i wanted to see the dr i would pay the money. Well guess what, I will pay the money, but only to see another Dr instead.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

I had an appointment booked and had to come way from down South battling traffic on Deerfoot and then 16th Ave. I was 25mins late after paying for parking so my car would not get towed. When I finally made it to reception one of the medical staff was ignorant flately refusing to see me, although the clinic was open for a few more hours, while the other assistant was saying they could still see me. I've been reading that some patients had a .45mins wait for Dr Hill. Is there no consideration for a patient who is less than 30 mins late. I have decided to take my business and money elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011