Ratings for Dr. Lee D. Koon

Dr.Koon didn't treat me like an idiot patient regarding my pain. He ordered an ultrasound which only showed a slight problem with my ovary and since I've been in pain for months suggested laproscopic surgery which he saw more going on than my ultrasound revealed. Most doctors ,from my experience would've just gone off of the ultrasound and sent me on my way, not Dr.Koon, he's very thorough.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Koon is absolutely the worst and most horrible doctor I have ever dealt with!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Very good bedside manner, and thorough in explaining things.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Does not care about his patients. I only saw him twice before I was able to see that. Told me I needed surgery, gave me zero information regarding that matter, and rushed out leaving me confused and full of anxiety. He NEVER called me with information, he NEVER called to schedule the surgery, and NEVER returned my phone calls. He also left me in extreme amounts of pain that day and in buckets of tears. I went to another doctor a week later and was treated with compassion and kindness. I will NEVER go back. Please think before you see this man.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Koon is incredibly unprofessional. I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor in my life. After waiting an hour after my scheduled appointment time, he finally comes in the room and proceeds to rip me a new a hole and tell me what a complete idiot I am for asking him what happened during my surgery. My "follow up" didn't check on my health at all . I'd bet that I'm not the only patient that's left their appt with him early crying. I doubt he cares remotely about his patients well being and only cares about making money off of them. Do yourself a favor and don't see him.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

this DR should really rethink his profession he comes across very uncarring

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr Koon has been my gynecologist for nine years. I have a history of cysts and I have endometriosis. 7 years ago I had my son at the age of 26. December 2013 due to my endometriosis I had to have me uterus removed. June 2015 due to large cysts on both overies i decided to have them removed. Dr Koon has been great through everything. He's always been respectful and professional. Calls back quickly if I have concerns. I will continue to be his patient.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Went to see Dr Lee Koon for the first time with concerns of suddenly painful, irregular periods. He arrogantly walked into the office and said "Have you always weighed this much?" and "I can almost guarantee that your irregular periods are because you weigh so much". He was so offensive and short mannered I almost teared up. He very quickly did the exam and said I needed bloodwork done and left the room. I went immediately across the building for bloodwork and Dr Koon apparently ordered a 2 hour long blood test for me! Shocked, I asked what kind of test this was and the ob/gyn ordered a blood glucose test for me! Apparently, this doctor believes if you're overweight, you must have diabetes, as well. This test had nothing to do with my irregular periods *and* i just had my annual bloodwork done through my regular doctor - he never bothered to ask. I am not diabetic nor pre-diabetic. This doctor not only embarrassed me, but ordered unnecessary 2 hour blood tests unrelated to my visit. His office never called me with my annual exam results, either. Worst doctor experience I've ever had.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I was charged 15.00 to see Dr. Koon he gave me a onoxious attitude, then walked out of the office refusing to help me after not even giving me 10 minutesn of his time. Extremely unprofessional and insensitive. I spoke with his manager and had my money refunded. It was my first visit there, will NEVER step into Desert West OBGYN in Glendale, AZ again. Worst experience ever!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Arrogant ....talked to him over phone was concerned on due date he got very upset said that he will waive his responsibility if something goes wrong with delivery because i was questioning him about my due date ... Very rude..

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Lee D. Koon's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Glendale, AZ