Ratings for Dr. Gueorgui Medvedev

I saw Dr.Medvedev in 2013 when I was certain I had MS- which was already known to run in my family. He told me that I just thought I couldn't move or feel my toes and that my brain MRI had "a couple of spots" but that nothing was wrong with me. He then incinuated that I was making up my symptoms or just mentally ill. Due to his report, no one beleived my symptoms or would help me. In 2017 I had a major MS relapse that has left me disabled with left sided motor and sensation loss. I was told my 2013 brain MRI had 5 demylinating lesions present and that Dr.Medvedev had screwed up. Had I been treated appropriately in 2013, I would not live with the level of disability I have today. I would urge anyone who is dismissed like I was to GET A SECOND OPINION! Don't make the mistake I made, follow your gut instinct, if you know there is a problem find someone who will help you.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Excellent, knowledgable, kind and thorough. He was very good with me in an extremely stressful time. He sent me for an MRI immediately and I didn't even have to wait that long for it. Forever grateful to Dr. Medvedev.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Very thorough, great bedside manner. His careful consideration put me at ease at a very stressful time.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

This doctor has good bedside manner, he did my spinal tap test and was great during the procedure he used the 22 gauge needle instead of 20 gauge one since he is aware I have hemiplegic migraines so wanted to mitigate side effects of such a condition by used a smaller need during the test. As well Dr. Medvedev ordered specialized testing for me to determine if there is Hashimoto's Encephalopathy present or not. He is a caring doctor and treats his patient's with respect.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

After being bounced between neuro consults, with everyone agreeing that I was experiencing complex neurological events, but unable to pinpoint the cause, Dr. Medvedev sat with me, discussed my entire medical history and SHOWED me scans. While I am still undiagnosed, we're much closer figuring out the cause of my issues. And if nothing else, the peace of mind having someone ACTUALLY take the time was invaluable to my current state of mind. Most neurologists are type-a personalities and treat you like a hyperventilating toddler. Also, I get that it ASKS about punctuality, but those of you complaining, you criticize the man for running behind and then chastise him for being too brief. Seriously?

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I saq dr medvedev in coquitlam. He gave me depression by teating me with lamotigine instead of an anti convulsant. I should sue you

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

After suffering facial nerve tingling off and on, I wanted to see a neurologist sooner than the appointment with a neurologist I could not see for 6 months. I paid for. A privated consult to see Medvedev sooner than waiting 6 months for other appointment i has scheduled later. $750 I forked out for private consult and to have this whack job listen vaguely to me about my symptoms, and to me firmly saying I didn't want pills or coverup...I wanted a diagnosis. What did he do? Told me he didn't think my problem was nerve related at all, suggested Gabapentin which did nothing for pain and made me psychotic weaning off. He did no testing, he dismissed every symptom I had, only useful thing he finally did is refer me to a neurologis in Burnaby. Save your Medvedev and run far away. This guy is a useless sack who will gladly take your money, and push you out the door with more questions than you had before. He is not even a real doctor he just took some courses so he could have his TITLE, while doing as little as possible to help those who ask for his help. >:-<

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

All the negative reviews are accurate about him. He seems very established and he doesn't need to try anymore to provide care at all. During my difficult time with my new diagnosis he was very rude. Very arrogant and didn't offer any satisfactory treatment plans. If you need a thorough doctor who is on your side and cares about you go somewhere else and avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Excellent Doctor. Performed a spinal tap on me and did a wonderful job. I was nervous before the procedure but he made sure I was comfortable and at ease. Anyone would be lucky to have him as their neurologist.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Amazing doctor. Very intelligible, nice and kind and has concern for the well being of his patients

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015