You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gueorgui Medvedev

All the negative reviews are accurate about him. He seems very established and he doesn't need to try anymore to provide care at all. During my difficult time with my new diagnosis he was very rude. Very arrogant and didn't offer any satisfactory treatment plans. If you need a thorough doctor who is on your side and cares about you go somewhere else and avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Excellent Doctor. Performed a spinal tap on me and did a wonderful job. I was nervous before the procedure but he made sure I was comfortable and at ease. Anyone would be lucky to have him as their neurologist.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

I was the second patient of the day and he was already running 40 minutes late. I had to fill out four pages of history despite the fact that my GP had sent a thorough history prior to the appointment. When I got into his office, he started asking me questions that were already addressed in the history. He didn't even open my file. The examination consisted of him checking my reflexes, something my GP could have done. When I told him about a numb spot on my leg, he broke a tongue depressor in half and started poking me with that. He had to send me to a different neurologist because he doesn't do basic nerve testing in his office. He did send me for a CT scan but staff didn't call me back to discuss results. When I called for an appointment told me my GP should do that. When I disagreed she then opened my file and said, Oh yes, he does want to see you. So now I have an appointment 2 months from now. Once I get my CT results I am switching neurologists. This guy is useless. No personality

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Very unhelpful. Prejudged my condition from other reports. Seizure disorder/severe Migraine. I talked about my seizures and migraine, and dissociative episodes. Claimed he didn't know how to treat any of this - everything was "out of my (his) realm". Only some very superficial tests were done. Had the unethical gaul to talk on the phone to another Dr who had phoned him talking about the problems with some other patient - should at least have left the room - and this was my appointment time. Extremely poor 'bedside manner', arrogant, did not inspire any confidence. In fact he condemned me to a life of darkness and seizures he said that my present condition was "as good as it gets"

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Medvedev after two MRI's showed spots on my spine and brain. The staff were pleasant and very helpful in answering questions and setting up additional appointments with Dr. Medvedev and other specialists. I found him to be very knowledgeable with a pleasant bedside manner. I felt very comfortable talking to him about my symptoms and he showed genuine concern/interest in helping me. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is concerned they may have MS.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I was referred to him on an emergency basic by another specialist. MRI was clear so he says nothing is wrong but there most definitely is and 3 other doctors support that there is most likely some sort of demyelating condition at work. He was not thorough, barely did an examination at the hospital, nor did he do any exam at all the next time I saw him. I'm seeing a much more thorough and concerned specialist now. I think he's just lazy and has a BIG ego. He did not cc my other doctors in the tests he ran nor did his office know anything about me when I was expecting them to call I had to call a week and a half later....

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

The first specialist my husband saw who always gave us his full attention & his bedside manner is outstanding!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

I ended up with a new neurologist, because i found dr medvedev to be lazy.didnt get me tests i needed. never happened.the new neurologist got on it right away. thank you dr vorobychik.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

One of the best doctors I've ever seen. After my appointment with him, I felt very at ease. He is extremely caring, knowledgeable, and not to mention charming! I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

Dr. Gueorgui Medvedev's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "All the negative reviews are accurate about him. He seems very established and he doesn't need to try anymore to provide care at all. During my difficult time w..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor. Performed a spinal tap on me and did a wonderful job. I was nervous before the procedure but he made sure I was comfortable and at ease. Any..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor. Very intelligible, nice and kind and has concern for the well being of his patients "

April 12, 2015
  • City changed from "Burnaby" to "New Westminster"

February 5, 2013