You may also like

Rate Dr. C. STEPHEN Woolums

Dr. C. STEPHEN Woolums's Ratings

I highly recommend Dr. Woolums, excellent doctor, great staff, very helpful with questions & message requests. Never had a long wait time. Very happy :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2880950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

The staff was very polite and got my son in quickly to see the doctor. However, I was already worried when I heard the doctor yelling at someone in the next room. When he finally came into my son's room he seemed in a good mood. That quickly changed when I asked questions about my son's stone. He became very rude and hostile. He kept pushing surgery after my son was diagnosed with a very small stone only two days before. When I asked about other options he got frustrated and said he hates people that look stuff up on the internet. From there, the entire conversation went down hill. He became very condescending and treated me very disrespectful, all the while pushing for surgery. Never in my entire life have I experienced such a rude doctor. It also seems he does not have a firm grasp on anatomy. I will not subject my son to such behavior ever again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Worst Dr I have ever been to. Was referred by the emergency dept, made an appt, went to see him and he was extremely rude and acted like he was in a rush. It has been 2 weeks since I've seen him and I have still not received a call to schedule the procedure to have my kidney stone broke up. I have called several times and left several message and have yet to receive a call back. He is a pompous jerk and his staff has a bad habit of lying. Last week when I called to see about scheduling my procedure they told me the lady who does the scheduling was out of the office every time I called. When I called this week I was told she wasn't there this week but she was there last week. The kidney stone has caused me severe pain and vomiting and I can't even get someone to call me back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2825261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Very kind. Very intelligent. Explains in terms so I couldunderstand. Highly recommend. Think he truly cares about his students.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I was very pleased with my visit to Dr Woolums. His staff was very helpful and kind to me. Dr Woolums was sensitive, knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable with him. He has a wonderful bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2657018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Dr Woolum is very rude, rude, unrofessional and gets very hostile towards if you dare question him about whats affecting your body. I suggest go some where else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2624661].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Dr. Woolum was very insensitive to my concerns about what he would be doing to me in the exam. He was rude, cut me off when I tried to answer his questions when I thought I was giving him the info he needed. He was very abrasive, uncaring and his staff were rude when I told them how he affected me and asked to see his partner, claiming, "He's always sensitive to his patients" without even being in the room when he was rude to me, so I will not be seeing him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

I took My Mom to Dr. Woolums as She has a kidney stone. He was so kind and explained everything to where She and I understood him. She will have surgery soon. I would recommend him. And His' staff is so very kind. Mrs. R. Blake & Betty Amis.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][380534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

My late husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Woolums for years. You will not find another one like him. He is very honest and professionally with a wonderful bedside manner. If you have trouble understanding, don't worry he will draw you a picture. His skills are excellent! Dr. Woolums cares about his patients. He used to be a physician in Kentucky, but moved to West Virginia. The State is very blessed to have such a wonderful physician.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2356182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Woolums is the best Urologist Southeastern KY has ever had. He knows his stuff. He is straight to the point and doesn't doctor around the issue. I have had several kidney stones and have been at the mercy of other urologists.... He knows what it takes to pass a stone without shredding your insides in the process. Unfortunately, he is no longer in Corbin.... He has moved on to service @ Marshall in Virginia.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][380533].votes_count ]]