Ratings for Dr. Henry Brent

Dr Brent is a wonderful doctor, Joanne on the front desk can be rather abrupt and rude though. I was seeing Dr. Brent in Brampton for quite some time. He saved my eyesight - plain and simple - he is an amazing healer. I have chosen to switch since he moved to Toronto. I tried seeing him a couple of times. Dr Brent is too difficult to get an appointment with, you wait for hours and hours, regardless of what time your appointment is, and more often than not - you wind up seeing a resident that he is teaching, instead of the doctor himself. I have chosen to see someone more local and with a nicer staff and who is more assessable. It's a shame - he is an outstanding doctor, just very difficult to get in to see.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Amazing doctor. My ophthalmologist for 40years. Too bad he is retiring. Great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

He has been my doctor for over 30 years! An amazing man with a fantastic staff. I have always had great success with eye glasses and contact lenses thanks to his great care. Hope he never retires!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr. Brent became my eye doctor in the early 1960's and has been my doctor ever since. Unfortunately, I am getting too old to continue driving to Toronto so I am changing doctors. Dr. Brent is incredibly patient, kind and caring. His staff has been like family to me. I will miss them all.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Brent since 1986. He has helped me through 4 retinal detachments in my life, and has given me referrals to some of the best opthamologists & retinologists in the country (Dr. Allan Berger, Dr. Wai-Ching Lam, Dr. Robert Devenyi), along with treating me for severe myopia & astigmatism. He has always taken the time and "Its OK" has never been a good enough answer, he'll keep going until he's absolutely certain he can't make your vision any better. He keeps current on the latest advancements and recently fitted me for custom soft contact lenses with a prescription of +26.0 which wasn't even possible just a few years ago! He's given me 20/40 vision in both eyes against all odds for the last 27 years, I could not have asked a better Dr. Thank you Dr. Brent!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Dr. Brent is wonderful and caring. His staff keep things ruining on time. My only negative comment would be that it is seemingly impossible to reach the doctor's office by telephone. Their answering machine frequently tells me that the office is closed, or their are off on their (two hour) lunch. The machine also often says "do not leave a message". It's like a game of "doctor roulette". I have been trying to speak with the office for over two weeks, but no luck. So, is my best option to find another doctor that I can actually reach when I need him?

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I saw Dr. Brent for ptosis. He went through many tests with me and as I was referred to him for a medical condition, I had thought that the tests were carried out for diagnostic purposes. I was caught off guard when he told me at the end, after all the tests were done, that he was going to charge me for some of the tests (the invoice showed that the money was for a contact lenses assessment which I had not asked for and was not the reason I was referred to see him in the first place). I happened to have some extra money in the bank that day but I can't imagine the predicament he would have had me in had I not have the money to cover the unexpected fees. I understand his office needs money to run but I don't agree with the way he did it. I feel it was dishonest and will not be seeing him for the second time.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

I a great eye Doctor. I have been seeing him since 1972. Now his son is my retina specialist.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr Brent has dealt with serious problems for me, my wife and son. He is caring, knowledgeabel and a great doctor. I have been going to him sicne 1978.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr Brent is the best eye doctor one can have in the city of Toronto. His caring is at a superhuman level. His knowledge is remarkable. I hope he keeps on practicing.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010