Ratings for Dr. Kirkor Kichian

I read the other comments but I have to say that the receptionist was fine with me and the appointment call was normal. Doctor is pretty nice and is good at his practice.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

He has been my doctor for years. Excellent very friendly as well

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Wow, the worst receptionist in the world works in this office. She was just terrible and rude to everyone. She openly talked about patients after they left, breaking confidentiality. She messed up my appointment time and 2 other people in the waiting room. She yelled at an old man for using his cellphone (in the hallway). I can't believe she has a job at all. The Dr is fine, it's too bad his staff is the worst type of people. Just a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Secretary is terrible. Can never get to talk to anyone in the office. She has a real crazy voicemail and you can never speak to anyone concerning your appointments. She should be fired as far as I am concerned. Vey rude voice on the voicemail. "don't leave a message on Thursday we do not answer the phone and if you do it will be deleted"

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Terrible secretary. Just called in for information and I was upset at how rude she was over the phone.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have seen a couple of Gastroenterologist in Ottawa, and Dr. Kichian is just as good as anyone. Very patient and understanding. If you're searching for a GI, I highly recommend you give him a shot. As for the secretary issue, Dr. Kichian's office has a couple secretaries. One of them is really nice, but the main one is a real bi^ch. I filed a complaint with OHIP after an incident last year (she screwed up one of my appointments and tried blaming me for the mess up). Anyways OHIP said they can't do anything about it because Dr. Kichian gets to choose his staff. My guess is she probably has a contract that would require compensation if she got fired. But your right.... what a nut!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

I was, to be honest, surprised to read the comments about his office. I find them to be amazing. They always call me back quickly and they do their best to provide me with any additional information I may need. I find Dr. Kichian and his staff to be exceptional!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I think Dr. Kichian is a really good doctor. However, I do agree with the others here, that the receptionist is extremely rude. My first experience there I was rudely reprimanded for being late, when I wasn't even late and it was her that had the appointment time wrong, and I had the phone message to confirm the time. And to make matters worse, she even accosted my wife downstairs about my being late. While waiting for the doctor I had to endure listening to gossiping and bad-mouthing about other patients.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Kichian has been my doctor for the last 5 years. I feel very comfortable talking to Dr. Kichian about my health issues. I've had 3 colonoscopies under his care and have had no issues with his work. The office he uses could use some upgrades as the furniture/ carpet has a 1960 feel. I am happy though, because at least I can access his office by bus. Sadly, I have to agree with most of the negative comments about his staff; namely his receptionist. I'm not sure what her problem is, but it feels like she's on a power trip. Also, I don't think she can handle the stresses of her job. I just try to talk to her as little as possible because I don't know what kind of crabby mood she's in. My advice to Dr. Kichian is to get rid of his receptionist.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

My daughter had a colonoscopy done by Dr. Kichian and was treated by him following and couldn't have had a better and more kind experience, and his staff was helpful, so not sure what was said above, but totally incorrect. Totally pleasant and helpful experience overall!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015