Ratings for Dr. Kirkor Kichian

I've been seeing Dr. Kichian for many years. I've read some of the reviews mostly geared toward his staff. This has never been my experience. When they call they have always been friendly and helpful even joking sometimes. The last time I was there, the clerical staff not only helped a woman with her baby stroller but they were friendly and nice with everyone. I like to joke with Dr. Kichian and he has a great sense of humour and has been very helpful with my medical issues.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

My daughter has seen Dr Kichian a number of times over the past 2 years. The third appointment took a long time coming as the receptions booked is as a new patient. Then was rather rude when I was told 10:00 am and she said no I was booked at 10:30 Dr Kichian is good from normal things but when he had a challenging case like my daughter he got frustrated and took it out on her in front of people and again in the office when he told her she had to,live this way. Needless to say we are asking for another doctor. So if it appears to be a normal black and white case he is good

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I read the other comments but I have to say that the receptionist was fine with me and the appointment call was normal. Doctor is pretty nice and is good at his practice.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

He has been my doctor for years. Excellent very friendly as well

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Wow, the worst receptionist in the world works in this office. She was just terrible and rude to everyone. She openly talked about patients after they left, breaking confidentiality. She messed up my appointment time and 2 other people in the waiting room. She yelled at an old man for using his cellphone (in the hallway). I can't believe she has a job at all. The Dr is fine, it's too bad his staff is the worst type of people. Just a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Secretary is terrible. Can never get to talk to anyone in the office. She has a real crazy voicemail and you can never speak to anyone concerning your appointments. She should be fired as far as I am concerned. Vey rude voice on the voicemail. "don't leave a message on Thursday we do not answer the phone and if you do it will be deleted"

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Terrible secretary. Just called in for information and I was upset at how rude she was over the phone.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have seen a couple of Gastroenterologist in Ottawa, and Dr. Kichian is just as good as anyone. Very patient and understanding. If you're searching for a GI, I highly recommend you give him a shot. As for the secretary issue, Dr. Kichian's office has a couple secretaries. One of them is really nice, but the main one is a real bi^ch. I filed a complaint with OHIP after an incident last year (she screwed up one of my appointments and tried blaming me for the mess up). Anyways OHIP said they can't do anything about it because Dr. Kichian gets to choose his staff. My guess is she probably has a contract that would require compensation if she got fired. But your right.... what a nut!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

I was, to be honest, surprised to read the comments about his office. I find them to be amazing. They always call me back quickly and they do their best to provide me with any additional information I may need. I find Dr. Kichian and his staff to be exceptional!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I think Dr. Kichian is a really good doctor. However, I do agree with the others here, that the receptionist is extremely rude. My first experience there I was rudely reprimanded for being late, when I wasn't even late and it was her that had the appointment time wrong, and I had the phone message to confirm the time. And to make matters worse, she even accosted my wife downstairs about my being late. While waiting for the doctor I had to endure listening to gossiping and bad-mouthing about other patients.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016