Ratings for Dr. Kirkor Kichian

Terrible secretary. Just called in for information and I was upset at how rude she was over the phone.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have seen a couple of Gastroenterologist in Ottawa, and Dr. Kichian is just as good as anyone. Very patient and understanding. If you're searching for a GI, I highly recommend you give him a shot. As for the secretary issue, Dr. Kichian's office has a couple secretaries. One of them is really nice, but the main one is a real bi^ch. I filed a complaint with OHIP after an incident last year (she screwed up one of my appointments and tried blaming me for the mess up). Anyways OHIP said they can't do anything about it because Dr. Kichian gets to choose his staff. My guess is she probably has a contract that would require compensation if she got fired. But your right.... what a nut!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

I was, to be honest, surprised to read the comments about his office. I find them to be amazing. They always call me back quickly and they do their best to provide me with any additional information I may need. I find Dr. Kichian and his staff to be exceptional!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I think Dr. Kichian is a really good doctor. However, I do agree with the others here, that the receptionist is extremely rude. My first experience there I was rudely reprimanded for being late, when I wasn't even late and it was her that had the appointment time wrong, and I had the phone message to confirm the time. And to make matters worse, she even accosted my wife downstairs about my being late. While waiting for the doctor I had to endure listening to gossiping and bad-mouthing about other patients.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Kichian has been my doctor for the last 5 years. I feel very comfortable talking to Dr. Kichian about my health issues. I've had 3 colonoscopies under his care and have had no issues with his work. The office he uses could use some upgrades as the furniture/ carpet has a 1960 feel. I am happy though, because at least I can access his office by bus. Sadly, I have to agree with most of the negative comments about his staff; namely his receptionist. I'm not sure what her problem is, but it feels like she's on a power trip. Also, I don't think she can handle the stresses of her job. I just try to talk to her as little as possible because I don't know what kind of crabby mood she's in. My advice to Dr. Kichian is to get rid of his receptionist.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

My daughter had a colonoscopy done by Dr. Kichian and was treated by him following and couldn't have had a better and more kind experience, and his staff was helpful, so not sure what was said above, but totally incorrect. Totally pleasant and helpful experience overall!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

STAFF = 0. Receptionist Unprofessional. I feel sorry for Dr. Kichian who has to breathe the same air with this person. I sympathize with all Doctors/ Patients who have to deal with his office... Just terrible!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr. Kichian is a great doctor! I feel like most doctors these days wear blinders. They only treat the obvious and refuse to analyse or see what could be contributing to a condition. But Dr.Kichian is caring and really listens to his patients and tries to look at the whole picture and analyse things before he can come to a conclusion. Happy to have Dr.Kichian as my gastroenterologist. The receptionist though, needs some training. I haven't had any unpleasant experience with her, but was misinformed by her on one occasion.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I had a little bit of a bad experience with Dr Kichian, or maybe I was just mal-informed by his secretary. I went in for an endoscopy to test for celiacs however the secretary told me I needed to eat 2 pieces of toast a day for 1 week before the scope was done. She also told me I would be unconscious for the procedure but when I went in, I was not unconscious and it really bothered me. I was not mentally prepared for the procedure seeing as I was unaware that I'd be awake. However I believe that is the receptionist's fault for giving me wrong information. I was called recently from Dr Kichian's office where I was told (after being diagnosed with celiacs from the last biopsy) that he wanted to do another scope because he was not sure that I had celiacs since my results were only a "weak positive". Little did I know if the receptionist had told me I needed to eat 2 slices of toast for 3 weeks instead of 1, I would have to go through the procedure again. So she really needs to give clients the right information. Many people get endoscopies, how could she possibly mess that up? Honestly. I'm not very impressed. I'm hoping that maybe this experience will be better the next time around.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Kitchian is simply the best. One could not be in better hands!. He is very patient, and cares a lot about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015