Ratings for Dr. Daniel Fick

I am 63 and suffered an ACL injury followed by a dislocation of the R knee and subsequent repair in 1991. Since then the traumatic arthritis became chronic osteo-arthritis but managed with NSAIDS. I was still walking and playing golf but pain was becoming more frequent. Did not want to have the TKR but went to Joint Studio and met Dan (recommended by a previous patient). He treated me with understanding and respect; explained exactly what was to be done; used humour wisely; put my fears at ease; performed the surgery brilliantly; and here I am back playing golf after 9 weeks. He said I was in the top 1% of results and I know that is due to Dan’s expertise AND 8 weeks of prehab and religious 2x daily rehab and physio following surgery. With a TKR you will only ever get out what you are prepared to put in. Thank you Dan - you are a wonderful human being and a wizard surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2019

I had simultaneous bilateral knee replacements in February this year. I can’t rate Dan and his wonderful team highly enough. The whole process was much easier than I expected. I experienced minimal pain throughout and the outcome of my surgery is excellent. Dan has given me my life back. And he is such a lovely man. Thank you so much Dan and team.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2019

Dr Daniel Fick and his team are absolutely brilliant and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a new hip and is very very very nervous like I was. Daniel was so reassuring it made it easy for me.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2019

has any one done HTO operation on their knee with this surgeon ? Please say how you have gone through that?

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019

It is now 6 weeks since A/Prof Daniel Fick (Dan) performed bilateral unicompartmental knee replacement on me. Right from the first time I walked into his office it was like greeting an old friend. He advised the best course of action to remedy my worn out knees and suggested that I have both done at the same time to save going through the pain twice. The operation was performed at Hollywood Hospital on the 1/04/19 and within 2 days the physios had me walking around with a frame and crutches on day 3 and walking without any aids after day 10. Dan or one of his team would visit me at least once per day and answer any questions that I had. Dan and all of his team including Dr. Dermot Murphy (Anaesthetist), all the Physios and staff at Hollywood were exceptional in aiding my recuperation. Even though my knees are still sore, I am now doing things pain free that I have not been able to do for quite a few years. Thank you Dan your the best.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

Great surgeon and good bedside manner, really cares for his patients

flag | Submitted May 7, 2019

Dan, as likes to called by his patients is the most competent, knowledgeable and friendly doctors I have ever encountered. His manner puts you completely at ease. He explains things in plain english. Does not rush you to surgery and lets you decide.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2019

Dr. Daniel Fick is one of the only Surgeons who hasn't sold out, he really cares about his patients and treatment, he also explains clearly, brilliant personality, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Faultless. Excellent surgeon. Looked after several of my family members. Dont go and see anyone else. Everyone in his waiting room tells similar stories!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

Looked after me exceptionally well and after care was excellent could ask a question when needed and always quick response

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018