Ratings for Dr. Daniel Fick

So happy I chose Daniel Fick to replace both my hips. I am thrilled to be mobile and walking up and down stairs easily again. Dan Fick in partnership with anaesthetist Dermot Murphy at Hollywood Private Hospital provided me with basically pain free hip replacements. I had the first replacement at the end of November 2015 and 18 days later the second replacement. Dermot told me that they would do such a good job that I would be happy to come back for the second replacement and he was right! I haven't looked back. 6 months later, I would recommend Dan Fick to anyone choosing to undergo bilateral hip replacement.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Amazing doctor, get my ACL fixed really friendly as well

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Dan Fick in partnership with the amazing anaesthetist Dermot Murphy at Hollywood Private Hospital are technically superb. I would be very surprised if you could find better. My fantastic results after two surgeries with this wonderful team still amaze me. Do yourself a favour, don't waste time looking any further.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I still cannot believe what this wonderful man has done for me!! After 2 previous knee replacements within 16 months, and which unfortunately where unsuccessful, my pain specialist recommended I see Dr Fick. As i was under another surgeon which was not listening to me about the problems I was experiencing, , I was apprehensive at seeing another surgeon. These fears were allayed within the first few seconds of meeting him. He has changed my life, and for this I am indebted to him. His fantastic team at Hollywood meant I was in and out within the week and off both crutches after 2 weeks. My progress is nothing short of unbelievable considering my previous 2 surgeries. I am only 11 weeks post op and I still cannot believe the difference that being 99% pain-free can do to my life. I have returned to study, can get up and downstairs now with ease and I am walking up to 8kms per day. Without a doubt, Dr Fick is the most genuine, caring and supportive doctor that I have ever met. I cannot thank him enough for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I highly recommend Dan Fick as not only a brilliant orthopaedic specialist and surgeon, but an absolutely beautiful man who shows genuine care and compassion. I had struggled over the last year to find a specialist that I felt comfortable with, and that listened to and understood my concerns and needs, until a colleague recommended me to The Joint Studio. My initial consultation with Dr Fick put me immediately at ease and confidence, and I trust him impeccably to manage my treatment of debilitating OsteoArthritis. Despite my initial concerns and fear of my first ever surgery, my hip replacement experience was a breeze due to Dans very calming influence and skills, and the fantastic support team that worked and calmed me through the whole process. Thank you to Dan and staff at The Joint Studio, Dans medical colleague team, and Hollywood Private Hospital for having me home within 4 days of a total hip replacement, hip pain free immediately, and pretty much fully recovered in 3 weeks. BRILLIANT.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Mr Fick performed two labral tear debridements on me this year (one for each hip!) and I am so grateful for his work. Both times I was able to walk soon after waking up. I left hospital the following day each time and haven't needed pain killers at all. He was kind and compassionate, and he's helped me to finally be pain free after nearly four years of limping and even using a wheelchair while I was pregnant! I feel like he hasn't just fixed my hips, he's given me my life back, and I will forever appreciate everything he has done. I can finally take my kids to the park and play like a regular mum, instead of being the boring mum who can't do things because of the pain and instability. THANK YOU MR FICK!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

After months of hip pain, Mr Fick recommended a hip athroscopt to repair a hip labral tear. When I woke from surgery I had almost no pain and now a week later I can say that I can walk comfortably and I am completely pain free. Apart from being skilled at his profession, he was personable. Great guy and great surgeon.!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Possibly the best in the country! What more needs to be said?

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I was diganosed in early August 2013 with a labral hip tear. I was recommended to Dr Fick. As soon as I meet Dr Fick I felt confident and at ease. I had my surgery in August, I was operated on in the afternoon and up and walking a few hours later on crouches and discharged the next morning. I spent the following two weeks on crouches and recovery went smoothly. As Dr Fick advised recovery would take 7 months ( hard as Im a triathlete) but neverless 10 months later I completed my first half ironman and Iv had no issues every since :)

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

On New Years Eve of 2009 I fell of a ladder and smashed my R lower tibia and fibula. That night as when the ambulance took me to SCG an extremely talented (not to mention young, gorgeously good looking) surgeon was on duty that night. The break and subsequent swelling was so bad that for 3 days amputation was looking like an option! 4 years and 3 reconstructive surgeries later (including bone graft, coral from Swizerland, artificial bone "putty" from the U.S., custom titanium plates, IP nail, 2 years on crutches and years of physio) I still have my leg, minimal scarring and am on the way to a fantastic job overseas. If it weren't for Dan I wouldn't be able to walk let alone run now! I can't thank this gentleman enough for his patience and willingness to discuss all the options and above all for his talent. And if he's a few minutes late, who cares if you are being looked after by Australia's best because he's so busy looking after others and taking the time to talk to people:)

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014