Ratings for Dr. Wayne Kendal

I have been under Dr. Kendal,s care for a year now,for prostate cancer.He is a brilliant scientist and has a very dry sense of humour,which I actually enjoy.He pulls no punches, is honest and direct, and takes his time explaining and answering any of my questions.I chose to opt for radiation because of him, and him only. I understand ,that he sees many sick and very very sick people on a daily basis, and once asked him, when he said he would be on holidays for my next weekly appointment...where are you going? He answered.. Home 3 blocks away, to paint, and do math..I need a break every so often from the pain, and suffering I see on a daily basis. If you get this Dr. As your oncologist, feel very lucky! I do.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

My father has been under Dr. Kendals' care for the past 10 years for prostate cancer. My dad has nothing but good things to say. He raves about how thorough he is and how he will always apologize if he's running late. I've never met Dr. Kendal but am confident in his ability and knowledge regarding my dad's care. My father states he's never had a problem each time he's driven up to Ottawa for his appointment and he's rarely had to wait too long.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Kendal provided me with excellent care during and after my cancer treatment. He is a brilliant doctor and very caring. When I had to be hospitalized he even stopped by on days off. He is very direct and has a dry sense of humour - I work in a science based field and I can tell you 90% of the brilliant scientists are just like that. I guess I can see how some people may want someone more comforting, but I'd rather have the scientist be the scientist and go to the counselling centre /family/friends for the comfort part.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I cannot believe that people like this are allowed to practice medicine. Terrible bed side manner, abrupt, and uncaring.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr. Kendal is a straight shooter which I don't have an issue with. My Mother is 90 yrs old with colon cancer. You cannot sugar coat a cancer diagnois and I appreciate his honesty. He has been very patient, understanding and has lots of time to listen to our concerns. I value his opinion highly.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr Kendal is looking after one of my family members - but I have attended most of the meetings with him. He is a very, very bright person who is passionate and compassionate about his work and patients. Very smart people can sometimes lack what people may view as "natural" people skills - and this is the case for the good doctor. He is so bright that he is a tad eccentric....but I don't care if he is eccentric because of his intelligence. He is an excellent, extremely well read, well informed, detail oriented, professional, competent, collaborative and sensitive person with a great big beautiful brain that is focussed on making you better. Can you ask for more than that? Who cares if he is quirky. Honestly people need to grow up who offer such silly superficial critiques as bedside manner. He's not there to meet your unmet childhood needs - he is there to kill the cancer inside you. On that front, I don't think you could ask for better.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Kendall is a brilliant physician with a very dry and quirky sense of humour. I see from previous postings that some people confuse that humour for disregard for his patients but I will tell you that you would be at a loss not to work with him. I benefited from his knowledge tremendously as he introduced me to a less invasive treatment plan based on research findings he had concluded from a recent study he was involved in. When it comes to my own personal care, the smarter and the quirkier the doctor is, the better as they are the geeks that are on top of BEST care practices and at the top of their game.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

November 2011 I received my diagnosis and had to decide on my course of treatment, surgery or radiation. When I first met Dr. Kendal, my initial impression was one of weary. However, he spent time with my wife and I answering all of our questions. What amazed me was he was already running behind schedule, but he answered our questions. Dr.Kendal has my respect. It took me several months to decide on my course of treatment and he never pressured, but rather encouraged me to research and explore my options. I have been able to coordinate my treatment with Dr. Kendal and my urologist and I am very pleased with my care. He is thorough in his follow up examines and I admittedly enjoy his humour. Most recently during a regular follow up visit he noticed something that really had no connection to my cancer treatment and immediately ordered an ultrasound that revealed a blood clot. Within hours I was receiving treatment and have already been seen at the Thrombosis clinic. Thank you Dr Kendal

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Very rude and uncaring. Direct abrupt. Talks down to patients. Very poor bedside manner. Knowledgeable. .

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Dr.Kendal has a weird sense of humour. He changes his mind quite often which confuses the rest of team, leaving them scratching their heads. He is abrupt, direct and talks down to you. He has a silly smirk on his face at all times. He uses medical terms that the ordinary laymen doesn't understand. He rushes you and says things like, Moving on to the next guy. He doesn't let you ask questions and his bed side manner is the worst of all doctors that I've seen and believe me, I seen quite a few in my day. I'd also would say "RUN" from this radiation doctor and find another if possible.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013