Ratings for Dr. Richard R. Brodman

Outdated office doesn't keep up with latest medical information

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Brodman!I have been going to him for 30 years, I can't believe its been that long. Dr. Brodman diagnosed me with SLE (Lupus) when I was 15 after numerous doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me. He has been with me through thick and thin. He is extremely caring and considerate. He is very thorough but not quick to medicate without cause. He has even called on a Sunday evening just to see how I was feeling during a flare. He has seen me through my pregnancy, miscarriage, and all that encompasses. He has kept me in remission and has helped me to live a productive life and I can't thank him enough. I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from Lupus or arthritis or any rheumatology related illnesses.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

His exam borders on Obsessive Complusion Disorder, Certain tests did not support the exam I received.Which included a breast exam.He thought he found something in one breast to cover up his actions of giving me this type of exam. I was scared out of my wits, went to my OBGYN and she found nothing, but sent me for an ultra sound to be sure, which thank G..everything was fine. But the trauma he put me through, he should be ashamed of himself. Hiding behind his profession to give an exam totally unrealated to my problem...and he never asked I if I would mind or allow this, he just did it. Ladies beware!Be Careful I think I might file a complaint...Hes a Rheumatologist, not OBGYN

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

I completely disagree with the last persons comments. Dr. Brodman has an excellent bedside manner. He was the first doctor in a long time who truly listened to my concerns and did not rush the appointment. He is an extremely knowledgeable internist. When I had questions about my diagnosis, he answered every single one and broke down different options for treatment and medication. I felt extremely comfortable with him and have recommended several other people who have been pleased with their care.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

If you have any medical records you want reviewed for his benefit - You will be charged a ridiculous fee for something that should be included in your initial intake visit. I should have known better when I had to leave multiple messages and still had to call back an additional time to make an appointment. He didn't know much about a condition that he claims to know about and is resistant to any suggestions or input from patients who wish to be active in their care. When you don't wish to take a particular type of medication due to a bad previous experience, he will deem you as having a "poor attitude" and be very vocal about it. Basically, he's too old to learn anything new, is set in his old ways, is dated in his office practices, and probably should have retired years ago. Older patients like himself are what his office is mostly comprised of. So, if you are of the PC literate generation, you should take the extra drive time to another Rheumetologist.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

Dr. Richard R. Brodman's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1973)

AARP