Ratings for Dr. Amita Kumari

Do not want to be seen by her again.. she told us .. totally useless to see her ... she is rude and have no knowledge at all

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Terrible experience, she should not be an emergency dr. She told me to rinse my cut hand in sink and dry with paper towels. No hygiene and lots of germs. Said can’t do anything and she walked out after me being in emergency for 3 hrs. Had to go into Edmonton. Do not let her see you, she doesn’t treat you without

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr Kumari has been my dr for years,I find her very caring and companionate.shes always been there to help me ,always takes the time,I feel glad to have her as my family doctor,now and the future.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

I saw Dr Kumari in the ER just before Christmas 3 years ago. I walked into triage with a noticeably swollen blue arm above my head as I was experiencing what I suspected was a blood clot at that time. I told the triage nurse I was suffering from a blood clot, I told Dr Kumari I was suffering from a blood clot. In the 2 hours I was there I only managed to have a quick physical exam and blood work. No ultrasound. No medication. During this time I assumed the clot started to flick off as I was starting to experience less pressure. Knowing now what I know I am very VERY lucky it didn't turn into a PE. Dr Kumari sent me home with a diagnosis of a possible pulled bisecp and was instructed to make an appt at Ross Creek for an ultrasound the next morning. I should of stood up for myself. I shouldn't of left. I ended up with a diagnosis of Venous and Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and needed a rib resection and scalentomy to prevent further blood clots. Because I suffered from a blood clot that night I required a cutting balloon angioplasty 6 weeks after surgery because the clot had hardened in my subclavian vein. I understand that Dr Kumari is a GP and not an ER doctor but she should of had the knowledge to see that I was suffering from a blood clot in my arm. Walking into the ER with a swollen blue arm isn't normal.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

I had an absolutely terrible experience with Dr.Kumari. I had a pap smear done in Oct 2016 and just found out NOW in Feb 2018 that I had abnormal results and required further procedures. Its very frustrating that there was no follow up done. Please be careful if you use this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr. Kumari has been caring for our family for years and we couldn't be happier with level of care we receive. She is knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to our concerns, explain results and if needed, makes a referrral right there when you are in the room. She is direct and to the point, but will always make sure you are informed and get everything you need before your leave. It angers me to see such horrible reviews here, as she is a great doctor! You won't find anyone better.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I have been a patients of Dr. Kumari for many yrs. A year and a half ago, I began to complain of heavy menstrual bleeding, blood clots and severe pain in my lower right side abdomen. I had already gone through early menopause by the age of 40 so any bleeding was unusual. I was told it was stress, anxiety and depression. No tests were done. I did have an ultrasound done in 2015 because I had a pab smear done but the results were never discussed so I assumed everything was ok. In Aug of 2017, I ended up in emergency because of bleeding and losing huge blood clots. I ended ip needing 7 blood transfusions and also had a blood clot in my lung and needed blood thinners. A CAT scan was done and a 1.5 cm nodule was found in my lung. I was never told aboit this. I have a rare form of low grade, indolent cancer of the blood and Dr Kumari kept asking when I was seeing my oncologist next. When I did see my Oncologist in September, she noticed a huge lump in my neck. It turned out to be cancer but not from the blood cancer. To make a long story short, it turns out I have terminal, non operable endometrial stage 4b cancer. I have a year to two years left. Dr Kumari did nothing when all signs pointed to something was seriously wrong. And now I am dying. Do not go to this doctor. She is uncaring and seriously negligent. I do not want another person to go through what I am facing.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

very arrogant, dismissive and condescending, nothing more to say

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I've had kumari for a doctor for 4 years and she's always been a horrible doctor towards me and my daughter. I have been having major pains in my lady areas lately and all I got from her was "there's nothing I can do but take your iud out, I don't have time for this"... I'm sorry? You don't have time to do your job as a doctor to find the cause of a patients pain? I demanded to see doctor azer who listened to my symptoms and offered a surgery to take a look around. Props to him for actually doing his job. Don't even get me started on how she treats my 3 year old. Very nice to her, but everytime I go in there my daughter has "the flu" until I see a different doctor and she actually gets a proper diagnosis. My rating for Dr kumari is a 0, she should loose her license.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

This comment is in my opinion only. I feel she has 0 compassion for anyone. Seems more interested in wearing fashion clothing and parading around in Gucci and Prada then helping anybody. My child was sick and in pain she checked him and said it's just a flu. A few days later he was in agony and his throat was so raw he had blood from his throat. We brought him in again and she says yep he's got tonsilitis bad. She claimed for his pain she couldn't do anything except buy children's tylenol. Really?! Went to another doctor and they said he could have and should have syrup with a little codiene. She in my opinion is responsible for how bad things got for my child by doing a poor examination on him when we brought him in the first time. Then wouldn't help a child with pain like that. That should tell all of you reading this to run the other way if she's the physician. Of course this is only my opinion

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017