Ratings for Dr. Amita Kumari

It makes me sad to see such poor reviews on here. Dr. Kumari has been wonderful to me, my husband and our daughter. We had dealt with multiple infant losses and she was helpful and compassionate. She has always had concern for us and treated us with lots of knowledge and always answers all of our questions. She is sometimes short in her responses but I feel you just need to take that with a grain of salt. I would recommend her.8

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Not thorough at all. Lazy. Doesn't understand mental illness or chronic pain conditions.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Unprofessional, makes rude comments, lacks caring, rushes you out the door.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Kumari saw my daughter in ER at the Fort Saskatchewan Hospital. I'm a health care provider and clinical instructor. Her patient communication skills are dreadful. She took no time at all to even be remotely pleasant to my 15 year old. She asked close-ended questions and seemed not to actually want a response. Her physical exam of my daughter was rough and she came to the conclusion that she did not have a concussion without even asking important questions (e.g. were you wearing a helmet? why are you covering your eyes up - is the light bothering you? How did you feel when you were hit with the stick on the top of your head." She never actually gave us a diagnosis but, instead, had the nurse hand us a handout on a concussion protocol. I had to ask questions about basic things that she should have taken the time to explain. BRUTAL, BRUTAL, BRUTAL. There was not "care" in the health "care," Dr. Kumari provided.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Very rude doctor doesn't know how to talk. she use so bad language you can't tolerate. I will suggest never ever go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Being a diabetic and after losing 30lbs., she told me my hip was soar because I had arthritis in it and I am obese with out getting off the computer???? She hates men and generally doesn't care for any of her patients. No room for ignorance like this in any profession.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Helpful and not afraid to dig deeper. She likes to use specialists, but is very knowledgeable and is willing to take the time to answer questions if you ask them.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Worst Dr I have ever seen. Absolute "Female Dog" to me and my Son. If I have a gaping and gushing head wound on her front doorstep, I will go elsewhere. I had no idea the Fort Sask Hospital was that hard up.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Cautious with this doctor... Never punctual, lacks bedside manner, but the most alarming is that she also lacks general medical knowledge. When questions are asked of her politely, she becomes defensive. I believe doctor's like this can also be dangerous in practice. Take what she says with a grain of salt. I have had four encounters now where she was incorrect and yet spoke confidently of her subject matter. She did not know she was also speaking to a health professional...but you don't need to be one to see her errors - a basic google search or Cochrane review would inform you.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I took my son into Fort Sask hospital with a very high fever, headache, stomach pain not knowing what could be wrong. When she came into the room, she was very cold and had no bedside mannor. She wouldn't even get close to my son to check his throat and ears. When she asked him to lay down he layed on his side not knowing what she wanted and she yelled at him to lay on his back. While we were there he had told me it hurts when he pees so I told her I think he might have a bladder infection, and she acted like I didn't know anything. She reluctantly gave us a sample cup for him to give a sample and changed her tune after it came back positive for a bladder infection. She is a horrible doctor and I agree with a previous doctor who said she should work in the morgue where her patients are already dead.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016