Ratings for Dr. Amita Kumari

very arrogant, dismissive and condescending, nothing more to say

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I've had kumari for a doctor for 4 years and she's always been a horrible doctor towards me and my daughter. I have been having major pains in my lady areas lately and all I got from her was "there's nothing I can do but take your iud out, I don't have time for this"... I'm sorry? You don't have time to do your job as a doctor to find the cause of a patients pain? I demanded to see doctor azer who listened to my symptoms and offered a surgery to take a look around. Props to him for actually doing his job. Don't even get me started on how she treats my 3 year old. Very nice to her, but everytime I go in there my daughter has "the flu" until I see a different doctor and she actually gets a proper diagnosis. My rating for Dr kumari is a 0, she should loose her license.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

This comment is in my opinion only. I feel she has 0 compassion for anyone. Seems more interested in wearing fashion clothing and parading around in Gucci and Prada then helping anybody. My child was sick and in pain she checked him and said it's just a flu. A few days later he was in agony and his throat was so raw he had blood from his throat. We brought him in again and she says yep he's got tonsilitis bad. She claimed for his pain she couldn't do anything except buy children's tylenol. Really?! Went to another doctor and they said he could have and should have syrup with a little codiene. She in my opinion is responsible for how bad things got for my child by doing a poor examination on him when we brought him in the first time. Then wouldn't help a child with pain like that. That should tell all of you reading this to run the other way if she's the physician. Of course this is only my opinion

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

I really love dr Kumari. She isn't my family doctor but I see her when Dr Kumar is too busy and I just love her. She is on time and quick. She always gives me what I need and doesn't beat around the bush to get me that. She is excellent.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Well i had a case of bronchitis that hospitalized me.. It was awful.. But about a couple years later. I ended up back in the hospital because of it.. She showed up. Didnt go over my file. Refused to give me my prescription for the inhalers i used to get and told me i was just having a panic attack.. Next, My dad trips on ice, breaking his ankle. When he went for a check up a couple months later to see how healed it was. She took him for xrays said it was healed and cut the cast. She then wrapped gauze around it and told him to start slowly walking on it.. So for a couple of weeks he did.. His ankle got worse.. He went back and the next doctor said the xrays in his files clearly showed that his ankle was still broken.. They apologized sent him to have it recasted sure enough she was there. He stated he would like his ankle recasted and she just looked at him and said "i dont do ankles. I only cast hands and arms." my dad had to wait hours before the next casting doctor showed up. Last, i had a friend that she almost killed.. My friend contracted a very ugly case of C.diff and had been hospitalized for it.. Shortly after she was released, they sent in her results and so of she went back to the hospital where she had to sit down with kumari.. Kumari had her file sitting on the counter behind her. Told my friend there is nothing to worry about, its just a viral bug.. And to take t3's for the pain and to help you eat.. That evening she gets a call from a doctor she dealt with while she was hospitalized. He asked her how her perscription was making her feel. She was confused and asked what perscription. There was a pause and he asked what kumari had told her.. She replied with "kumari said it was viral." he freaked out and told her to get to the walmart pharmacy. That what she had was very dangerous and she need the meds asap!! KUMARI HAD HER FILE! How much more incapable can one be? She needs her license to practice gone!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

This doctor is a waste of space. She was supposed to be overseeing my father's care at the Fort Sask. Hospital on behalf of another doctor but, in the week or so that she had this responsibility, she did not speak to him once. Absolutely pathetic. Did not even come to provide any information after he was to be discharged from the hospital. From this brief experience, I can only infer that she couldn't possibly care less about her patients!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

It makes me sad to see such poor reviews on here. Dr. Kumari has been wonderful to me, my husband and our daughter. We had dealt with multiple infant losses and she was helpful and compassionate. She has always had concern for us and treated us with lots of knowledge and always answers all of our questions. She is sometimes short in her responses but I feel you just need to take that with a grain of salt. I would recommend her.8

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Not thorough at all. Lazy. Doesn't understand mental illness or chronic pain conditions.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Unprofessional, makes rude comments, lacks caring, rushes you out the door.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Kumari saw my daughter in ER at the Fort Saskatchewan Hospital. I'm a health care provider and clinical instructor. Her patient communication skills are dreadful. She took no time at all to even be remotely pleasant to my 15 year old. She asked close-ended questions and seemed not to actually want a response. Her physical exam of my daughter was rough and she came to the conclusion that she did not have a concussion without even asking important questions (e.g. were you wearing a helmet? why are you covering your eyes up - is the light bothering you? How did you feel when you were hit with the stick on the top of your head." She never actually gave us a diagnosis but, instead, had the nurse hand us a handout on a concussion protocol. I had to ask questions about basic things that she should have taken the time to explain. BRUTAL, BRUTAL, BRUTAL. There was not "care" in the health "care," Dr. Kumari provided.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017