Ratings for Dr. Ursula Lee

How can it be possible that everyone has rated her so poorly yet she is 13 out of 31 Oncologists? I saw somewhere that she was 29 out of 31 and that is where she belongs. She should take a course in care and compassion - something she doesn't have. Fields that are required to rate her - should not be added up. Should be marked terrible.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Its like being treated by a robot. This woman's narcissistic ego precedes her when she enters the room, horrible way to be when people are literally fighting for their lives. I suppose all the good oncologists went south of the border where the big money is. We are stuck with the leftovers.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Anyone have her phone number? I lost it and need it ASAP thx can't find it on the web anywhere

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr Lee has been treating me for about a year and half now. I have always found her to very professional, careful, thorough, compassionate. She never trades on her white coat, is not afraid to say so if she doesn't know something, always returns calls, and if it is important, she will pick up the phone and call you herself. I can't recommend her highly enough

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I had a critical reaction to the chemo injections where my throat swelled up, I couldn't breathe, my chest moved by itself and I made these horrible noises which I had no control over. I had asked Dr. Ursula Lee whether she would be away at any time as my sister passed away cause she fell through the cracks and a dear friend passed away and when he needed Doctors they were all away. Dr. Lee told me she would be away for one week in August. On my first chemo injection, I asked the nurse if I would need help going to our motor home (no, you will be fine) but as it turned out by the time I got to our little motor to take a tylenol for the horrible pain in my arm, that was the last piece of air space and I was told by the pharmacist that a reaction only happens to 1 or 2% of the population. I called Dr. Lee the next day to determine whether I should stop the pills as I had a runny nose, sneezing and each time my eyes teared up I had pin needles in my eyes. I was supposed to eat before taking the pills but I could not open my jaw for the severe pain on both sides. This continued on for 4 days. I called Dr. Lee the next day and she was "at a conference" and I told the nurse how horrible I felt and could she get ahold of Dr. Lee to call me. I waited on day and not a peep. Nothing on the weekend and on Monday when I called again (I called, not her) I was told by the nurses that Dr. Lee said I could wait until my scheduled appointment in 2 weeks. WHAT!!! What a non-caring, non-professional attitude to take to someone who just about died. I demaned to speak to her. I asked why she didn't call - she was at a conference (well who was I to consult with if you aren't there) and Saturday, Sunday are my day's off. Well, what about Monday - you were putting me off again. This was my first time at experiencing chemo and you couldn't give a good...care about me or what I felt like. When Dr. Lee enters a room she doesn't ask "how you are". She could not care less! Absolutely the worst Doctor I have had.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Felt that she didn't always remember what was happening with me and she had to be reminded.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr. Lee is a great oncologist. She was very helpful during my treatment and recovery. Very positive demeanour.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

Dr. Lee is very knowledgeable, compassionate, detailed and never rushes her patients. I have been very impressed with her level of care.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr. Lee has treated me very well. She took over as my oncologist for another doctor who went on leave. During my first appointment, she decided to run a test to make sure that my chemo levels were high enough. When the results came back showing that I needed to increase my dose, she decided to double check the results with a second lab test. To me, this shows due diligence and a high level of care. She is very careful, never rushes me, and has called me numerous times for updates. I would highly recommend Dr. Lee.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I took my mother to this dr about 6 years ago. She had absolutely no bed side manner. My mother had chemo and didn't fair well after one doze she refused to do anymore. My mother wanted to continue. Her response was your going to die anyways so what is the point. To this point no one had told my mother her prognosis. What a way to hear it. She had a student with her and I thought I hope she learns this is how not to treat a patient. We went to vamcouver where someone agreed to treat her. She went on to beat the cancer. Unfortunate she died of a stroke many years later. But how dare she refuse to treat someone who wants the care. She looked ar my mother and said you are 78 years old what else do you want. My mother was like a 60 year old at the time. She took away all her life and spirit that day and I had to fight with her to find another dr. Don't ever let anyone tell you you have no hope. There is always hope. And don't ever let a dr tell you you are to old for treaemt.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011