Ratings for Dr. Henry Chung

Dr. Chung is a great easy going down to earth guy that tells it like it is ....did my Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy with no sedation and it was really easy and very bearable...he has a modern sense of humor and knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I 'am very disappointed with his office performance and misinformation and will stay from him as far as possible.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Had the worst experience with this doctor. After experiencing 2 weeks of a major colitis flare i ended up at RCH. I waited for over 11 hours to see Dr.Chung and he never came to see me. The staff at the hospital were trying to help me but unfortunately its out of their hands. They even attempted to call the doctor to come and see me earlier but he was too busy doing "consults" everytime they call. There is absolutley no reason for a patient to be sitting for 11 hours,starving, bleeding and in pain "waiting" for a doctor. By far the most unprofessional service i have ever received from a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

He is the rudest doctor I have ever encountered. He was texting on his phone while I was talking to him in his office. Then later his cell rings and he answers a call that was personal, not work related while I sat in front of him. Then he just quickly wrote me a prescription. He wants me to come back every 6 months even though he does not examine or listen to me.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

He is by far the rudest doctor I have ever met in my life!!! I am the easiest going, nicest person, and was treated disrespectfully!!!!!! Even before my colonoscopy procedure, while I was in the room with him and a nurse, ready to be sedated, he told me I needed to lose some belly fat, and the best way to lose weight is stop eating, or eat one day and not for the next 3 days!!! He said how do you think I keep this belly?? Then he told me to stop eating pizza and hamburgers!!! It was shocking, and straight up, unprofessional behaviour. Then during the colonoscopy I was screaming and crying in pain, ad he told the nurse to give me more sedation, even though the sedation was not working!!!! I remember EVERYTHING, and a colonoscopy should not cause pain like that!!!!! I am traumatized by the whole dam thing and would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I must of got Dr Chung on a bad day. He was disrespectful, judgemental, never listened, I wanted to cry after My procedure. I am a medical professional and was shocked by his manner.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I have never met a more condescending physician in my life. I would never see this man again. He was extremely rude, never listened to me and talked over me. Dr Chung is just ridiculous. I am still in shock.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

No problems. I had a gastroscopy and colonscopy from Dr Chung and despite my nervousness barely noticed the procedure (some credit to the miracles of modern sedation). Over the last quarter century I have probably met 5 gastroenterologist and Dr Chung is a welcome change as he is an easy-to-take professional, with relaxed sense of humour. His discussion of my case was also quite thorough. I can't see how you could go wrong with this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

My recent colonoscopy was performed by Dr. Chung and his professionalism and thorough discussion of my symptoms reassured me immediately that he was an excellent gastroenterologist. He talked me thru the procedure calmly and carefully answered all my concerns with full simple to understand explanations. I would highly recommend him to anyone. And yes, he has a sense of humour however it was not offensive or abusive to me in any way. And, it should be noted I am a plus size woman who was treated very respectfully.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I have no idea about Dr. Chung's skills as a doctor, but I do know his skills as a bully. He made a fat joke at my expense on the hospital ward in front off the staff, nurses and other doctors. I have crohn's and After a consult with one of the GI doctors food was delivered to rooms and since I have been unable to eat for two weeks I left. As I was leaving the room, next next to the nursing station the GI doc was there amongst his peers and nursing staff. I said, "I cannot be around food being delivered I am going for a walk" , His reply was "Good thing is it looks like you have not missed many meals" He fat shamed me and used me his patient as a joke in front of at least 15 peers. I am mortified, ashamed, insulted, hurt and now cannot trust the medical team here at RCH with my care I feel trapped

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014