Ratings for Dr. Caroline Chessex

Dr Chessex is fantastic. She listened to a long complicated history concerning blood pressure that my previous cardiologist could not even be bothered to hear, then asked me what I wanted to do, and I asked her what she thought, and it turned out we both thought the same thing, and it worked. Had Dr. Chessex been my cardiologist from the start (the other one was assigned to me for a stent placement after a really worrisome stress test result) I would have been spared two years of worrying needlessly about my blood pressure, without doing anything to resolve it. Dr Chessex really listens, and does not dictate to patients (especially without hearing the salient details first) the way so many specialists do. She's highly intelligent, and caring, and just the best specialist I have seen in ages. I was starting to lose faith in the medical system (based on terrible experiences with various specialists) but Dr. Chessex has been the antidote to that. All these five star reviews are no exaggeration. Dr. Chessex is an ideal specialist in every regard.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2019

would recommend her highly. She did not rush me and explained things very clearly. Thank you Dr. Chessx

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

She treats patients as humans and shows a great deal of interest and concern for her patients. She is an action taker, speeds up moving things forward depending on the severity of the cases. If you have it as your doctor, rest assure that you could not be in better hands!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Amazing doctor. She is well knowledgeable in her field, she is very concerned for the welfare of her patients and is very understanding ! She very punctual and her staff is wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

To put it simply, Dr. Chessex is the best: she's not only a brilliant clinician, she's a kind and compassionate human being who shows a great deal of respect for her patients and staff. She has not an ounce of hubris and will leave no stone unturned to reach a complete and accurate diagnosis. She is the standard toward which other doctors should strive. I am quite certain that she saved my life, and continues to do so. I would put any one of my loved ones in her hands in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Kind, compassionate, caring professional who treat her patient with respect and best medical care! Grateful to be her patient.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Chessex has been my cardiologist for nearly a decade. I feel that when I am seeing her, I am being treated as an individual, not merely a time-slot. She is beyond what I would have expected in every regard. I had a triple-bypass 13 years ago: Dr. Chessex is not merely a superb cardiologist, she is an excellent diagnostician and has noted ailments and referred me appropriately within UHN.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

She is one of the best doctors that I have dealt with.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr. Chessex is one of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. She is exceptionally engaged in her patient's treatment and care - a rare find in a specialist in my experience. I never feel she is in a hurry to get to her next patient. She is attentive while listening and her sense of humour is unmatched! Findings are reported and referred further when needed and in a timely manner. Having varied cardiac problems meant in addition to her cardiac services, I also needed a referral to an electrophysiologist for treatment and followup. Dr. Chessex did not hesitate to do this, and yet she still continues to follow my electrical issues, as well as the ones she herself treats. The staff are very competent and pleasant, and the wait times are minimal. All in all, Dr. Chessex is a rare gem of a doctor!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016