Ratings for Dr. Crotin Abraham Milton

I was referred to Dr. Crotin to have a swollen tonsil removed, but was told that it wasn't bad enough to justify surgery, and I should come back again to follow-up. On my follow-up appointment, as at the previous one, I again discover eight patients waiting to be seen by Dr. Crotin, double-booked 15 minutes apart, one of which had the exact same appointment time as me! Also, a memo on the wall warning of waiting times of ONE HOUR OR MORE ! Unacceptable !

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

hi i can say that Dr. Crotin is very knowledgeable and highly expert. i had problem in my nose. i can take my breth only from one side of my nose. That was terrible and i could not sleep properly. My family doctor referred to one doctor but, that doctor was careless and not confident. Then one of my friend referred to Dr. Crotin. i went to doctor's chamber. He was very polite and very knowledgeable. I had date for surgery on November, 2016 (it was March,2017 but, i was lucky that someone cancelled on November month) at Centenay Hospital. it was great surgery and even i got very less pain. I had 100% recovery after almost one month. Now, i have new life. Big thanks to Dr. Crotin. i strongly recommend about Dr. Crotin.

Submitted January 6, 2017

If you want him to ruin your life, go to this doctor. He ruined my fathers life after a mastoidectomy he performed on him. My father has been suffering for months in extreme pain and has become suicidal because of this doctor. Other doctors have conducted every test in the world on my father but aren't able to find anything. Believe me, go to anyone else but this guy. He doesn't answer your questions, he is only concerned about making appointments and making more money. His staff is great but he is beyond terrible. If it were him, he would want you to keep seeing him for the rest of your life. Caution!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

Dr. Crotin performed Sinus Surgery on me back in 2005. I had chronic Sinusitis! After the surgery I could breath again and hadn't had another sinus surgery until recently (Jan 2016)... I now have to see an ENT in Houston, TX because I moved here a few years ago. I'll truly miss Dr. Crotin's caring and expertise! He has operated on many of my family members, including my grandfather when he removed all the cancer from his thyroid and saved his life! I feel so blessed being able to have Dr. Crotin care for myself and my family for all these years! I love Dr. Crotin's long time secretary as well! It's hard to find a great caring doctor like this one these days!!!

Submitted April 19, 2016

when I went had nose surgery with this doctor I wasn't nervous, I was in fact glad to finally get this surgery done, when I got to the hospital in the early morning they give me and my parents a short education on the surgery that was going to be performed, they told me that it was going to be a minor surgery to fix the deviated septum that I got as a kid, nonetheless in a weeks time I got fully recovered. over the recovery process all you feel is a blocked nose and few nights of coughing at night. and in the end I felt glad to have this surgery and I would recommend to people to get this surgery done.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I got referred to Dr. Crotin back in 2005 for some ear complications which eventually turned out to be choleasteatoma. He was a very soft spoken and quiet type of doctor who never really greeted me with energy. I never received results with the few surgeries he performed as be had a hard time diagnosing the issues. He is highly considered as a leading ENT by many doctors but his credentials date back to the 60's. Eventually in less than a hear my parents got me into Sick Kids in Toronto.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

I saw Dr.Crotin after being referred to him by an ER doctor. The membrane in my right ear ruptured the day before. There was bloody discharge and an extreme amount of pain. The staff was great. Like another person mentioned Crotin is very "old school", in fact my husband made that same observation. By that we mean his mannerisms, his equipment, his bedside manner, etc. Like another person mentioned also, some of his tools look very dirty. My MAIN concern is this: exhibiting this extreme pain, he chose to stick a long thin metal tool into my ear to "clean" the discharge. I winced in pain. It was unreal. I turned to my husband in shock. His manners are the problem. He is very rough and inconsiderate for a patient's feelings. I still shudder at the memory of how that prodding felt. As I sat there crying in pain, he told my husband to "calm her down. She'll be fine." I felt that pain for hours. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone with ENT problems. He should be evaluated.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Took my 3 year old son to him time after time because of nonstop ear infections. Gave us ear drops to use. Did not help. Finally our family doctor kept saying there is something in his ear. Sent us to see amazing ENT doctor at Scar General. Dr said yes, there was a small stone in ear. Had to have surgery to remove it. Would never go back to see Dr. crotin again!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Old school doctor ~ hard to find these days. We went from specialist to specialist for our two autistic sons that other doctors/specialist always turned away. Dr. Crotin just got on with the job and said that it was better back then to get their tonsils and adenoids out while they were still young and managable (they were having continuous earaches and tonsilitis.) Here we are 12 years later and we are just so happy he did he surgery way back then when so many other specialist turned us away. Another neat thing, both our son's speech improved after the surgery. I have heard other parents of autistic kids having this experience too. But can't imagine now they are teenagers going through this now! Thank you Dr. Crotin for being such a saint and taking the time and patience with our boys. He is so kind to disabled kids ~ he even showed us how to hold them, which was great back then! He can get a little behind, but that is because he is so popular and takes his time with each person.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

This doctor used a metal tounge presser taken out of his drawer which was not clean. He later used tissues to clean it. I was so shocked that I allowed him to do so without saying anything.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011