Ratings for Dr. Charles Johnson

Dr Johnson is an amazing Dr!! I had been suffering in pain for close to 10 years! Saw so many specialists that said it was all in my head!! I finally got referred to Dr J and he diagnosed me and gave me a real treatment to eventually get me 100% pain free!! Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable: I live with level 8+ pain every day and he and his treatment are truly giving me my life back!!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

After seeing many specialists and being misdiagnosed, Dr Johnson was the most helpful to me. He is a kind person who I believe genuinely cares. He tells very long anecdotes and sometimes I'd drift in and out of them. On occasion, he'd cut me off as I'd ask questions and I felt he didn't listen. However when I received reports written by him they were very thorough and in - depth. And he also made quite a few helpful recommendations. He helped me greatly with a Disability claim. He did deny me some extra MRIs / CT scans because he said it would not be helpful and would upset me too much. But when I saw the Pain Management Specialist, he did those tests and they showed results that were necessary for my continued care. Although I greatly appreciate Dr Johnson, I I wish he had followed through on the tests and had sent me to the HSC Pain Clinic. Even so, I still view my experience with him as positive.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Listens to concerns. Very patient and understanding with workplace documentation requirements.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2013

I saw dr. Johnson after my health became worse with extreme headaches and neck pain. he found on a previous mri that had been done 4 years earlier that I had a chiari malformation, a herniation of my brain. he sent me for another scan, compression and blockage was found, and he sent me straight to a neurosurgeon. i had surgery 2 weeks later.kind, respectful and knowlegable, he took the time to find what countless others refused to see.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

I've suffered from periodic stiff necks, neck pain and knots in my back that just show up and hang around for weeks. After seeing muliple physio's, chiro's, massage therapists, and accupunturists, I finally asked my GP for an opinion about my symptoms. He sent me for a full spine MRI. it'd showed some issues, but not related to my symptoms. I explanded the pain was likely caused by a few bumps (hockey, and fender bender). We agreed I should see a physiatrists, I mentioned I've heard of Dr J through a family member that had only heard of him. He did wonders within 4 visits, and more after 10 visits. I haven't felt this good in 3 years. I'm not 100%, but vastly improved. He's my go-to Doc for pain managment in my back/neck. All the comments about his kindness are true.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

For two years I was suffering , seeing doctors that would blow me off without even listening to what I had to say until I was referred to Dr.Johnson. He actually listened to what I was saying , believed what I was saying and treated me accordingly. A fantastic doctor, would recommend him highly..

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

He is very open minded and considers and examines in detail the extensise patient history a lot further back than any other doctor I have ever seen. He shares his thought process openly with patient. He is extremely thorough and determined to find out what is happening with the patient. He is very good at working with the patient to find out what is happening with injury. He is very considerate of the signs and symptoms and does not rush to make any Dx without having the full picture. It would be great to have more specialists as thorough as this physician. He is great to set up follow up appointmnents and does not dismiss conditions that he cannot dagnose easily. He is determined to find what is happening and will help you to figure out the cause of pain. He takes time to validate your symptoms and takes the time needed for your situation. Excellent physician, would highly recommend to anyone who has ongoing pain issues.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Knows his stuff but if he chooses not to help u- u r screwed! Too much power. Should retire!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Johnson for 12 years and he has helped me great deal. He is good listener and open minded. He is easy to talk to. Dr. Johnson didn't mind answering questions and he gave good explanations Dr. Johnson always takrs the time to listen and treatments are explained in details. Dr. Johnson has a pleasent personality. He also investigated past health history that he felt more important and had been neglected by other doctors. Dr. Johnson didn't treat me like I'm lesser then him like many doctors have done. Dr. Johnson treated me as an equal. I'm glad to have him as a Doctor, and I trusted him a lot. He i truly a great physician. He is very carring, understanding, patient and above all medically and intelectually intelligent. I would like to stay i touch with Dr. Johnson for medical treatments for rest of my life. Borislava Maroti, Winnipeg, Manitoba

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012