Ratings for Dr. Kassam Jaffer

Worst doctor i ever experienced in my whole life... All time nonsense talk... He dnt even gave me change to push n scared me with reason of baby's low heart rates.. N convinced me to do c section... But in OT my sister litterely heard his n his staff talk by saying that if he had back to back petient like he had 4 then he just go for 3 lady by doing c section n try 1 to do normal delivery just becoz he dnt wnt spent long time after all labor . This is so unprofessional.. Even though stitches he took on after c section its not proper n not healing properly.. Continue pain on it.. 😡. I just do not prefer this doctor to anybody.. I dont want what i go through , other ladies go same. Plz take it serious and spoil ur precious moments after this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr.Jaffer was great. Reading the previous reviews, made me think what possible reasons would one have to judge this Dr. So harshly. Speaking honestly, he tested me for things no other doctor has even suggested in the past. He was knowledgeable and so far bang on in his care. His staff , not so much lol. He may be abrupt and may be not have the gentle type hand holding demeanour some people need, but surely a thorough medical knowledge and proper care is more important. Me, I wanna live a long healthy life, not be handheld through a Pap smear or a tough diagnosis. Top marks for doing his job,, well.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. K Jaffer for gynecological issue for several months and have found him to be extremely knowledgeable, attentive and kind. His many many years of experience are evident in his professional approach to his patients, and his ability to effectively manage patients, births, getting tests scheduled ASAP and reviewing results. I feel very confident in his care and value his professional opinion.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

This was my second appointment with Dr. Jaffer. I met him at brampton civic when I had come in with pain and bleeding. He assessed me at brampton civic and was very thorough and addressed all my concerns. I advised him that I was 30 weeks and didn't have an OB yet, he went above and beyond to make the necessary arrangements for me to get the proper prenatal care that I was lacking. He agreed to take me on as his patient and ordered his own set of detailed blood work and ultrasounds. I'm not sure why so many negative reviews. This is my 4th pregnancy and from all the Obs I've encountered I would say he definitely knows what he's doing and I feel I am in very capable hands. Beware that he is a serious doctor so if you are not reliable and tend to miss or constantly reschedule appointments he may not be the doctor for you. I would reccomend Dr. Jaffer to anyone looking for a Doctor that will take good care of them and there unborn child. Good luck to all the expecting mothers.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Jaffer is not the Dr. you want to see whether is't your first, second, third, etc. I had him for my first in 2010 and those first eight months were horrible visits. Thank goodness he had to take a leave of absence during my ninth month and I was referred to Dr. Girvitz who is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. Then my delivery Dr. on call was Dr. Kiran Sahi. These two Dr. were absolutely amazing!!! "Dr. Jaffer" should not be in this profession!!!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

LADIES - BEWARE!!! There is a reason the staff at Brampton Civic Hospital call him "THE BUTCHER." (Apparently, he has been known to make a bloody mess in the O.R. and is rough with the patients). His OWN STAFF call him that! He does not given women the chance to push - he opts for C-sections almost all the time. Why? Because he gets paid to be in the O.R.! We've heard from the staff that work with him. I have friends that had the unfortunate experience of having him as an OBGYN. Many of his patients go to the ER with post-op complications after having a C-Section. Guess who the on-call/OB was? Dr. JAFFER! He needs to retire because he does NOT know what he is doing! DO NOT LET HIM TOUCH YOU! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I am a first time mother, so you can imagine how nerve-wracking/exciting this experience was for me. I was referred to a doctor at the same practice, however she was retired so I decided to go with Dr. Jaffer since he was the replacement. To make this short, he was a much older man so I felt comfort in knowing his experience. However, after each appointment (I had 3 even though I got a bad vibe from the 1st, I wanted to give it a chance) I left either upset or confused at the way he did things. He is very forgetful, lacks compassion, and is very old school. He never once tried to remember my name, when I inquired about water labours he replied, "we do not do gimmicks here. We don't do those in Canada". He didn't ask any questions about mine, my boyfriend's or my family's history, he didn't ask about my experience being pregnant to date (I started seeing him around 12 weeks), and I had to inform him of everything. I told him I was referred to a kidney doctor and tried to explain the reason and he brushed it off telling me to leave it up to that Doctor (the issue was pregnancy-related). I had severe nausea and vomitting, both from my hormones and the prenatal vitamins, and my family Doctor who I was seeing before getting OB care had said that I can discontinue use of the vitamins and just make sure I eat very healthily. As soon as I told him, he got very defensive and said that the pills do not cause nausea and told me to continue using them. I did my own research and got 2nd and 3rd opinions from a midwife and another doctor who both agreed with my family doctor's recommendation. I expected for my first baby to receive a bunch of information and emotional support but all he did was send me off to do tests. All of the information I knew was from my own research. Absolutely horrible and disappointing experience. If it is your first baby, I strongly recommend a female OB/GYN and/or a midwife.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

OMG how is he a doctor? Judging by all the poor reviews I am worried that the Brampton Civic Hospital is not taking matters seriously. He is the absolute worst, stay away at all cost.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Abnoxious prick who should not be qualified for the profession he is in. Quite disturbing to see such an insensitive individual serve as an unworthy obgyn. He is extremely difficult to understand which makes matters worse. Would highly not recommend this so called Dr.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

This doctor is awful. He was my doctor 16 years ago when I had my first baby. My son was born 5 pounds and malnourished. My ambilical cord was dead. My tummy was very small and this doctor never measured my tummy. My appointment was less than 5 minutes every time. He was so unhelpful, rude and not knowledgeable. I prayed he was not on call the day my baby was delivered. He wasn't thank God. My son suffered as a baby due to being so malnourished and underweight. I seriously hope this doctor is not working as a doctor anymore.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016