Ratings for Dr. Michele Turner Wood

The office manager was extremely rude! She was extremely unprofessional and almost hostile

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

As a follow up to my posting from 2010 - my daughter was told she had 9 cavities (but they couldn't be seen on x-rays - yeah - okay). When my daughter went to a reputable dentist 18 months later - she had ZERO cavities. I'm not a doctor, but I'm fairly certain cavities don't heal themselves. This dentist should be ashamed of herself. Be very aware of the BS you will be served if you visit this so called dentist. It's a sad world when doctors feel the need to rip people off.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I was informed that I needed a crown. Though I had no symptoms. After the crown was placed I had non stop pain. There was a large gap at the top of the crown were it meets the gum. After that day, I went back two more times to find relief from the pain. No change. I went to a crown specialist who informed me there were multiple issues with this crown, it had to be replaced. Out of my pocket,for a second time. I asked DR Turner-Wood for reimbursement since the crown was inferior work. She refused. You can make up your own mind what you think she should have offered. I lost faith in her ability to rectify the situation and moved on to another dentist. She claims she could have replaced it for me. NO WAY. The front desk staff is very professional, nice to deal with. The only other downfall I can say is that I found it uncomfortable to sit in the chair as one of the staff "gossiped" to the dentist. Not very professional.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Daughter was told she had 9 cavities. I do not believe this. When I called and asked for the x-rays the doctor told me you could not see these cavities on x-rays. I am very suspicious of a dentist making this statement. I was welcome to pay an additional $20.00 to pick up x-rays that have already been paid for. Why bother when she already told me you can't see the cavities on them? I would tell people to steer clear of this dentist and if you already go there and feel you have required excessive work, get your x-rays and have an ethical dentist review them. Ripping off patients is not good practice.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010