You may also like

Ratings for Dr. V Pillay

Patient, good listener, friendly, excellent neurologist.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I have had Dr Pillay as my neurologist for 3 years now he saved my life 3years ago do to a massive stroke and brain bleed and blood clot he is an amazing doctor by far the best!!!! His secretary tho NOT the brightest crayon in the box... Very rude and not helpful what so ever and I'm very blunt and don't best around the bush as I work in healthcare aswell and I told her right to her face she shouldn't have her job and that she is very rude and should probably go work at McDonalds..... I don't put up with rude an ignorant people and she was at the top of my list!!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Wonderful Dr. By far best Neurologist in Regina, took a year to get into see him, but so worth it. Only complaint I have is his secretary, horrible lady. For someone in the health care system, zero compassion for people dealing with very real and troubling diagnosis!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I recently had a surgery with Dr. Pillay and I am very satisfied with him. He is very knowledgable and friendly. He does not beat around the bush and is up front with what your condition is and is thorough with his explainations and answers all your questions. I had complications during recovery and had to stay in the hospital for a couple days. He was concerned about my well being and did not quickly dismiss my complication as though it were nothing. He made me feel good by saying I did the right thing by coming in. This was my first surgery and I never felt uncomfortable at all going under the knife with him as my surgeon. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr. Pillay is an excellent Neurologist and a wonderful and compassionate human being. He is very good at listening and offers many options, starting with holistic approaches first. Took me a year to become one of his patients, but it was worth it. His receptionist, however, is the absolute most arrogant, power-tripping, insensitive child I have ever encountered in the medical world. I am gobsmacked by the lack of compassion and interrogating rudeness I receive when I call in to make an appointment with my doctor. I am shaking when I get off the phone with her because it is mind-blowing that an adult in the medical world, one who deals with real people with real problems and real pain, can be such an unprofessional twat. She is the only reason I am writing this review. She is one of the worst people I have ever met in my life and I just cannot understand how she still has a job. She makes it very difficult to create an appointment, saying "We just saw you, what's the matter now?"... as if she has anything to do with Pillay's actual evaluation. She refuses to make appointments even though Dr. Pillay ordered an MRI and MRA for me and told me to make a follow-up appointment with him. After much persistence and arguing (yes, like real, almost yelling, arguing like you'd have when you were in junior high school with a girl/boyfriend), she says the earliest she could book me in would be 60 days... which is a lie, because at the start of the conversation she said the earliest would be a month. So, for some reason, she power-trips and lies and purposely makes patients wait longer than necessary. I really just do not understand it. I am a nice guy who just wants to make an appointment. I never ask for anything other than that from her and I really try to just go into each conversation with a blank slate and hope it will be different, but for some reason she questions why I need to make appointments and then tells me she will call me when he is available... It just does not make sense. Dr. Pillay, if you are reading this. Please understand: you are wonderful and I really respect you as a doctor and a human being. Please please please fire your receptionist. She is evil and is hurting your reputation. It is unfair to you and your patients and her behaviour is really unacceptable in the medical profession.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

He is really really nice dr. after visiting 3 times with dr mervitz and he proved me " i was lying about symptoms and i might have MS". I met dr pillay and figure out i was having optic neuritis and started treatment on same day i met him I am healthy again got my left eye sight back to normal. Awesome dr. but staff .

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Easily the best Neurologist in Saskatchewan, possibly Canada. He is kind and compassionate, thorough and patient, helpful and knowledged. Having to see a Neurologist is never a simple thing, but he makes it/you as comfortable as possible. I unfortunately had to move out of province, but miss him greatly. I am currently seeing a renowned Neuro at a specialized MS research clinic, and though he is good - he pales in comparison to Dr. Pillay.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Very knowledgeable and kind Dr. Thanks to him I had test done very quickly and put on the right medication. His staff are very kind and pleasant. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I absolutely love Dr. Pillay. Took me as his patient with no hesitation and stopped by the hospital before he left on vacation to give me my diagnosis. When there was a potential problem with the medication I was using, he was on it right away and explained all my options. I feel like I'm in safe hands with him. I have never had problems with his receptionist. She's always been nice and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I have been to Dr. Pillay on numerous occassions. I cannot understand why such a wonderful Dr. puts up with such a receptionist. I don't know how long she has worked for him but she really needs more knowledge on how to handle patients and their needs. I worked as a Receptionist for 32 years but not for a doctor. If I ever talked to anyone the way she does I would not have lasted the day. Seriously Dr. Pillay a staff member like her can really give you a bad name. She is not helping you in any way and most people in Regina can't understand why she is allowed to continue working for you. PLEASE if she in related to you and you are forced in keeping her on staff then send her on some educational courses on how to be a better worker and in general a better human being!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. V Pillay's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Patient, good listener, friendly, excellent neurologist."

March 26, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr Pillay as my neurologist for 3 years now he saved my life 3years ago do to a massive stroke and brain bleed and blood clot he is an amazing doctor..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful Dr. By far best Neurologist in Regina, took a year to get into see him, but so worth it. Only complaint I have is his secretary, horrible lady. For..."

November 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a surgery with Dr. Pillay and I am very satisfied with him. He is very knowledgable and friendly. He does not beat around the bush and is up fron..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pillay is an excellent Neurologist and a wonderful and compassionate human being. He is very good at listening and offers many options, starting with holist..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "He is really really nice dr. after visiting 3 times with dr mervitz and he proved me " i was lying about symptoms and i might have MS". I met dr pillay and fig..."

June 27, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "S4N0" to "S4P 0W5". Address has been updated from "None" to "1440 14 Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "13065258612".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Easily the best Neurologist in Saskatchewan, possibly Canada. He is kind and compassionate, thorough and patient, helpful and knowledged. Having to see a Neurol..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable and kind Dr. Thanks to him I had test done very quickly and put on the right medication. His staff are very kind and pleasant. Would highly ..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely love Dr. Pillay. Took me as his patient with no hesitation and stopped by the hospital before he left on vacation to give me my diagnosis. When the..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been to Dr. Pillay on numerous occassions. I cannot understand why such a wonderful Dr. puts up with such a receptionist. I don't know how long she has..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr.Pillay since 2008. He is very informative and never makes me feel like I am stupid when I ask him questions or have concerns . Always tak..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I can't even get in to see Dr. Pillay. I asked his delightful receptionist if I could have a scheduled appointment, she said his schedule is subject to change a..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing amount of knowledge, never rushes patients out the door, explains and re-explains, phenomenal bed side manner. None of this comes across when you deal w..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Pillay is an amazing Doctor, there is not another Neurologist in the city I would go to. That said I do think that Dr.Piklay Ned's to evaluate the reception..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "his receptionist is the rudest woman I have ever met. |I met with him several times. Had an mri done and instead of calling me his receptionist wrote me a note ..."

December 6, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "See him only once - thought we had a plan - booked for urgent MRI - never able to talk to him or book an appt - his receptionist is probably the rudest woman I ..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He is one of the best doctors I have seen. He listens. He is thorough. He educates."

September 4, 2014