Ratings for Dr. V Pillay

Took over a year after my doctor referred me to Dr V Pillay. Once I received the call with an appointment date my dealing with his office was professional and had no issues. Dr. V Pillay himself was kind, patient and listened very well. He booked a brain MRI immediately for me and within 2-3 weeks I had my MRI. This is quick in our medical standards. I was told by the MRI staff at General Hospital to call Dr. V Pillay to confirm my results as he would get them in a week. I called several times, left 4 messages, not once did I get a call back until I left a stern message. A message was left on my home number, not my work number that I left to call me at. All that was said is he has the results but has not looked at them yet and will be booking an appointment in the future once he gets to it. I don't know what this means but it's over 5 weeks now and no word. I told my GP about this behavior and he was embarrassed to hear that a doctors office would run this way but he didn't even have a copy of the MRI which he was going to look into. I'm sorry to hear that some have been diagnosed with a life altering change or possibly life ending and this is what our health care looks like for those seeing a specialist. If the appointment is going to take another year to get my results, then just let me know so I can make other arrangements. My issue is with the overall patient experience. My father died of brain cancer and due to several issues I've been referred to this doctor. Here's hoping that the lack of professionalism with this area does not cost me an early diagnosis.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I only provided one star for staff because it's mandatory. As far as I am concerned you're better off finding a new doctor then bothering with Dr. pillay as most of your interactions will need to be with his receptionist who is the worst kind of human. When you're dealing with a life changing illness you're already under a certain amount of stress and emotions; they don't need to be made worse by dealing with this awful woman. Every interaction has been negative and left me feeling completely disrespected, worthless and unimportant. I don't know how she's still employed here but it's so unfortunate for all of the poor patients referred to this office.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Was referred to Pillay. Heard great things about him, but all that went out the window when I had to deal with his receptionist. She would make decisions on his behalf, cancelled my appointment to push it back to a later date. After over a month of knowing my appointment will be moved, still no word on when it will be moved to. Conditioned worsened, so politely called in to check for an update, or see if there was a short notice list to be placed on. The receptionist insisted that he wouldn't want to see me until my appointment in the most rude, condescending way imaginable. She was extremely dismissive and in no way helpful. Been waiting for over 4 months now, and haven't even been allowed as much as a 5 minute phone consult with Pillay, let alone actually getting a date for an appointment. Having such a terrible receptionist literally makes it not worth being a patient of Pillay in my opinion. Overall impression, abysmal.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Complex case referred to Pillay; very nice; initial meeting set out treatment plan and testing; weeks for first test then months of nothing; phoned to find out what was happening and advised he was no longer my doctor but had referred me to another. If he was not capable it may have been polite to let me know. Still waiting on new Doctor. This has been going on for 18 months.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Worst receptionist ever!!!! Nothing good about any experience I had with this lady. We chose not to see this doctor because of the receptionist! Funny now that I read reviews and most people talk about how poor she is. He might be a good doctor but needs new staff.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I would love to be able to provide a rating for Dr. Pillay, however, I have only met with him on one occasion and his receptionist is the absolute worst to deal with in regards to scheduling follow up appointments. I feel so bad for anyone who is referred to Dr. Pillay as a patient as they have to go through her. I first had to see him in February and was booked follow up with him in July, however I have requested to see him sooner as my condition has worsened. His receptionist thinks that she has the decision making ability to immediately tell me no, my appointment cannot be changed from July, his schedule is too full. Really? Do you have any idea as to the nature of my call? No. This isn't the first interaction with her either that has been completely negative. It is really sad to see based on all of these comments that I am not the only one who is having such a negative experience because of this one woman. Such a shame.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Last week, I met the V Pillay doctor. He is awesome and I decided to stick with this doctor for my lifetime.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dr. Pillay saw me on an hours notice during Christmas this past year. Diagnosed my issue in five minutes and set out a course of action. Very approachable, kind and considerate, the best Dr. I have ever seen regarding any issue....I was lucky to see him so fast. Receptionist on the other hand could not be worse...every interaction is laced with rudeness and indifference.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I saw Dr. Pillay last week and am so happy he is taking care of me. He is very kind, helpful, listens to what you have to say and answers all your questions . No problem with the receptionist either.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I have been since Dr.V.Pillay for 8 years and absolutely would never trust anyone else. His receptionist is rude , blunt and does seem to like people

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017