Ratings for Dr. V Pillay

He is simply the best neurologist. However his receptionist is anything but kind Very rude and unprofessional

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr Pillay is excellent! Whoever answers the phone and nooks appointments on the other hand needs some professional training or an extended holiday.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Pillay helped me understand how to take my husband (of 44 years) off life support. He showed me his brain when he came into hospital, and his brain after heart surgery and many seizures. I was devastated and he was patient, kind, gentle, compassionate and supportive. Thank God we still have doctors who are not arrogant, and fell their role is to help! If you need neurological support, he is your man!! :)

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Pillay has probably the best bed side manner a neurologist could have. He's very compassionate, and really takes the time to understand his patients. He remembered small details about me and my spouse from our first visit. He gave me a lot of details about my illness, and gave me options. He also took the time to listen to my concerns and needs, he didn't push anything on me, and really understood what I wanted. I trust Dr. Pillay immensely, and am very happy to be a patient of his. I know a lot of people complain about his receptionist, but I really have no complaints. They are an extremely busy office, and she runs it for Dr. Pillay very well. She's direct, to the point, and competent. She may not be the mpst friendly right off the bat, but she's by no means rude. I respect her professionalism.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Patient, good listener, friendly, excellent neurologist.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I have had Dr Pillay as my neurologist for 3 years now he saved my life 3years ago do to a massive stroke and brain bleed and blood clot he is an amazing doctor by far the best!!!! His secretary tho NOT the brightest crayon in the box... Very rude and not helpful what so ever and I'm very blunt and don't best around the bush as I work in healthcare aswell and I told her right to her face she shouldn't have her job and that she is very rude and should probably go work at McDonalds..... I don't put up with rude an ignorant people and she was at the top of my list!!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Wonderful Dr. By far best Neurologist in Regina, took a year to get into see him, but so worth it. Only complaint I have is his secretary, horrible lady. For someone in the health care system, zero compassion for people dealing with very real and troubling diagnosis!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I recently had a surgery with Dr. Pillay and I am very satisfied with him. He is very knowledgable and friendly. He does not beat around the bush and is up front with what your condition is and is thorough with his explainations and answers all your questions. I had complications during recovery and had to stay in the hospital for a couple days. He was concerned about my well being and did not quickly dismiss my complication as though it were nothing. He made me feel good by saying I did the right thing by coming in. This was my first surgery and I never felt uncomfortable at all going under the knife with him as my surgeon. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr. Pillay is an excellent Neurologist and a wonderful and compassionate human being. He is very good at listening and offers many options, starting with holistic approaches first. Took me a year to become one of his patients, but it was worth it. His receptionist, however, is the absolute most arrogant, power-tripping, insensitive child I have ever encountered in the medical world. I am gobsmacked by the lack of compassion and interrogating rudeness I receive when I call in to make an appointment with my doctor. I am shaking when I get off the phone with her because it is mind-blowing that an adult in the medical world, one who deals with real people with real problems and real pain, can be such an unprofessional twat. She is the only reason I am writing this review. She is one of the worst people I have ever met in my life and I just cannot understand how she still has a job. She makes it very difficult to create an appointment, saying "We just saw you, what's the matter now?"... as if she has anything to do with Pillay's actual evaluation. She refuses to make appointments even though Dr. Pillay ordered an MRI and MRA for me and told me to make a follow-up appointment with him. After much persistence and arguing (yes, like real, almost yelling, arguing like you'd have when you were in junior high school with a girl/boyfriend), she says the earliest she could book me in would be 60 days... which is a lie, because at the start of the conversation she said the earliest would be a month. So, for some reason, she power-trips and lies and purposely makes patients wait longer than necessary. I really just do not understand it. I am a nice guy who just wants to make an appointment. I never ask for anything other than that from her and I really try to just go into each conversation with a blank slate and hope it will be different, but for some reason she questions why I need to make appointments and then tells me she will call me when he is available... It just does not make sense. Dr. Pillay, if you are reading this. Please understand: you are wonderful and I really respect you as a doctor and a human being. Please please please fire your receptionist. She is evil and is hurting your reputation. It is unfair to you and your patients and her behaviour is really unacceptable in the medical profession.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

He is really really nice dr. after visiting 3 times with dr mervitz and he proved me " i was lying about symptoms and i might have MS". I met dr pillay and figure out i was having optic neuritis and started treatment on same day i met him I am healthy again got my left eye sight back to normal. Awesome dr. but staff .

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015