Ratings for Dr. V Pillay

After being a patient of Dr. Pillay's for just over a year, I have nothing but good things to say about him. I do, however, vastly change my opinion on his secretary. I never thought she was terrible, maybe just a bit blunt and unsympathetic towards others, but I assumed this was a tactic for dealing with ill people in a very busy office, and not a personality trait. I did not hold this against her, because she seemed to be competent and did her job well; which is all that I could ask for. However, having to speak with her approximately six times since being accepted as Dr. Pillay's patient, I can say I take back anything nice I ever said about her, and now completely understand why other people were so harsh with their rating regarding their interactions with her. I'm assuming she's extremely competent in her field which is why she hasn't changed even after all the negative reviews, but someone who hates dealing with other humans as much as she portrays, should not be employed in a place with constant contact with other individuals. I'm contemplating looking for another neurologist in this province, because even though I'd prefer to have Dr. Pillay as my neurologist and respect him so much, the majority of my interactions will be with this woman, and I just can't foresee this being an easy process, especially since I have an illness that will cause these interactions to be frequent. Anyone who is here because they're doing their research on Dr. Pillay; he is wonderful. You will not be disappointed in his services, but please be wary of dealing with his secretary. I wish you a strong personality so you can bluntly put her in her place, as I do not have that ability.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

DO NOT GO HERE TRY GET REFERRED SOMEWHERE ELSE, Their receptionists are RUDE and NO HELP. I hated having to go here! They made me stay 2 nights in the city just to be told " The doctor said it will heal on its own " like I want to hear that personally and talk about any concerns I have myself not through some disrespectful, unprofessional, mean, uncaring, uncompassionate, IGNORANT woman. THEY NEED TO FIRE DR. V PILLAY RECEPTIONIST WORST HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET!!!!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I love Dr.Pillay but his receptionist is AWEFUL. How can she still be employed there? Treated me like some idiot and kept cutting me off... Then said she would CANCEL my apt that I had booked and id need a referral now.... WHAT??!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Pillay is brilliant. However, his receptionist is EXTREMELY disrespectful and rude. Based on the comments I have seen here so far, it seems other patients have had a similar experience with her.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Pillay was very professional, and explained what was going on with me. He needed to refer me to a neurosurgeon. I called the office, dreading to do so, as I had dealt with his receptionist over the phone before and had never dealt with any front desk admin person who was so rude. So, I had to make the phone call to see who he had referred me to. This person should not be allowed to deal with the public. These specialists do not have competition, so a patient can not often select another practitioner. If a receptionist in a dental office, or a hair salon, or any other customer service capacity treated me on the phone as she did, I would MOST DEFINITELY find someone else. Her rudeness has left me shaking. Happy Friday.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

He is simply the best neurologist. However his receptionist is anything but kind Very rude and unprofessional

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr Pillay is excellent! Whoever answers the phone and nooks appointments on the other hand needs some professional training or an extended holiday.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Pillay helped me understand how to take my husband (of 44 years) off life support. He showed me his brain when he came into hospital, and his brain after heart surgery and many seizures. I was devastated and he was patient, kind, gentle, compassionate and supportive. Thank God we still have doctors who are not arrogant, and fell their role is to help! If you need neurological support, he is your man!! :)

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Pillay has probably the best bed side manner a neurologist could have. He's very compassionate, and really takes the time to understand his patients. He remembered small details about me and my spouse from our first visit. He gave me a lot of details about my illness, and gave me options. He also took the time to listen to my concerns and needs, he didn't push anything on me, and really understood what I wanted. I trust Dr. Pillay immensely, and am very happy to be a patient of his. I know a lot of people complain about his receptionist, but I really have no complaints. They are an extremely busy office, and she runs it for Dr. Pillay very well. She's direct, to the point, and competent. She may not be the mpst friendly right off the bat, but she's by no means rude. I respect her professionalism.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Patient, good listener, friendly, excellent neurologist.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016