Ratings for Dr. Ted Gerstle

Very knowledgeable, good looking doctor! He's best

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Absolute instant love for this doctor. He is one of a kind and meant to be a pediatric surgeon. My son hasn't had his surgery yet but I have no doubt after meeting Dr. Gerstle all will go well.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr. Gerstle is Surgeon sent by God to show to us that God hears our prayers. He is very technical, smart and at the same time very pleasant to talk to. Very, very happy with him and his work. That being said, his staff is terrible. She does not return voicemails and promised our clinical nurse to call us and did not call, even day before surgery. What kind of person you need to be to treat parents of critically ill children like they don't matter. May God have forgiveness for her soul.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

My son was admitted to sick kids 24 hours after birth with 2 intestinal atresias as well as a malrotated bowel. Dr. Gerstle made my husband and i feel incredibly at ease and explained the procedure and road to recovery thoroughly. I can not thank him enough and i feel anyone who's child he does perform surgery on is truly blessed!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

My baby had hernia surgery on Oct 16th, 2014 and he was a great surgeon. He is having another hernia surgery in a few months. 😊 I am happy there are wonderful doctors.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I just saw Dr Gerstle for the 1st time for a consult with my newborn son on a hernia. He stated he will need surgery and explained the surgery and outcomes. He is a very nice, friendly, and helpful doctor. I recommend him to anyone. He is wonderful. Thank you Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

My grand son was diagnosed when he was 8 months old with total Hirshprung disease.He was admited often at Sick Kids so we got to know Dr Gerstle very well. He always made us feel comfortable. We still go see him every 6 months. The only negative thing I have to say is about his secretary. She is rude and never returns calls. I found out if I call on that floor and they transfer the call she would answer.How stange!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr Gerstle completed an extremely difficult surgery on my daughter, removing a tumor that was deemed inoperable several months earlier. I have selected a rating of 4 for staff & punctuality, due to fact that he was a hour late for one of our consultations. However, I do not blame him, as he was in surgery that went long. That said his staff could have been better in keping us informed. He was otherwise bar none,the best I have have dealt with throughout a year long ordeal with my daughter. Very caring and informative in explaining step by step the surgery, and all of the possible outcomes,complications,and post op recovery. All said I would highly, highly recommend Dr Gertsle

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr. Gerstle and his staff made it as easy for my son as they could. They took excellent care of him and I would recommend this hospital and his staff to anyone who needs this type of help. I would like to say thank you from my family and my son for the great care that was provided.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

I saw Dr Gerstle for the first time to look at my son's chest,he was extremely helpful,listened and answered questions,advised and gave us the truth of what the surgery would be like.He is a super doctor and would highly recommend him !!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011