Ratings for Dr. Edmund Chen

I’ve been going to this location since I was a baby, Dr.E Chen’s father who has passed was my family doctor & now Dr. E Chen has taken his fathers place. I honestly dont trust any other doctor with my well being.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Dr Chen is great. Happy to have found him. He goes the extra mile to help out and I never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

excellent and friendly knowledgeable. Staff is very helpful. Were always there for me when I need them. Saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

The office is not very organized. While Dr. Chen is accommodating in scheduling appointments he is not a good communicator. It is hard to know if he really understands what you are telling him or appreciates your concerns.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I have been going to Dr Chen for about 6 years. I can get an appointment quickly. The receptionist, Lila, is a very nice and helpful person, but she talks very quietly and has a bit of an accent so sometimes it is difficult to communicate to her over the phone. Dr Chen is very friendly and professional. He asks lots of questions and takes the time to understand your health problems. Looking back at old reviews I can say that he does take appointments now and his office has been quite nicely renovated. The one complaint I have is that he doesn't prescribe pain killers and the like, so when I injured myself quite badly I had to get the Rx from the ER or a specialist, which is a nuisance. Living in Parkdale sucks that way.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

This man is so helpful and has great knowledge. Very professional!!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

This doctor is the best I've had in a long time. Dr. Chen listens to me and is quite knowledgable. He is always professional and I have no problem discussing any health issue I have. I'm glad I found him and like that I can make an appointment.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Chen has been my family doctor for years. Always looking out for my best interests. I have been to walk-in clinics and they just want you out the door. However, when I talk to Dr. Chen, he always listens to what I have to say, takes the time to see what my symptoms are and orders tests for me when I need them. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have had my diabetes properly managed. My sugars were sky high before him and I felt unwell all the time in the past.I always got called back if there were abnormal results that needed to be discussed. I didn't have private coverage and he helped me with drug samples he had in the cupboard. He was always prompt in finding specialists for me if there was a need, and he tried to find someone who could see me quickly and was in my area too. I am very appreciative of him being my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

This doctor is terrible, it makes me wonder how are some of these are people becoming doctors. Dr. Chen, the father was great, he was my mothers Dr., My Dr. from birth but his son is a different story, he will never live up or come close to his fathers level. If Larry Chen knew the kind of Dr. his son became he wouldn't be proud. Anyone who knows Dr. Larry Chen knows he calls out the no good Dr.s. Edmond Chen ruined his fathers great practice and hard work. If it seems a little too much go see for yourself. I had a surgery awhile ago and my surgeon said to see him if "I'm not there", when I said he wouldn't give what I needed he was flabbergasted and I've been going there for 30 years. Ps. The receptionist is awful.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Not afraid to go above and beyond for patient's care. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013