Ratings for Dr. Dorothea Bergen

Compassionate, incisive, knowledgeable and not a meds pusher.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I was under Dorothea bergen care for several years......although not completely open to therapy I was deffinately over medicated.....I have pictures of my pill bottles in rows.....have a symptom take a pill......that's how she deals with her more difficult cases.....it was such a s $#@ show that she dropped care of me......and passed me off to Dr Jay bondar who turned out to be worse.......it you are stuck I the white rock mental health loop get out while you still can.....if you are not I'll they don't have jobs......just a thought

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

My experience with Dr. Bergen has been incredibly positive. She is very knowledgeable about medication and her admin staff are efficient and accommodating. Dr. Bergen has been instrumental in my recovery.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr Bergen was crucial in my recovery. She is direct, but kind, and I am thankful for having had the opportunity to spend time with her and be under her care. :)

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Bergen for many years now after seeing several other doctors in the area. I have found her to be excellent. She has always expressed a genuine interest in my well-being and has provided tremendous support - well beyond simply providing medication. She has always given me the time my current state has necessitated (ie, longer and more frequent visits when needed). I consider myself very fortunate to have found her.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

I have seen Dr. Bergen now for 10 years and if it weren't for her, I can't imagine where my life would be. I saw two previous psychiatrists and one gave me the impression I was bothering him. He was reading stuff on his desk while I was talking. The second one was a female who told me "your dad is dead, get over it". Dr. Bergen delved into where my grief was coming from and has helped me (and continues to help me) learn to deal with death and dying and how to get beyond my troubled childhood. She truly cares about her patients and wants them to live a happier, more balanced life.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

This Doctor knows nothing about the practice she spent years in. She is now head of Peace Arch Hospital and has at least 30 pending law suits coming her way. As more are joining the fight to see her tossed from her now new cushy position.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

My experience with Dr. Bergen has been positive and I am grateful to have her as my psychiatrist. I grateful that people like her are in the profession. She takes a patient centered approach, she works with me, has compassion for my struggles and values my opinion and experience. Downside is that she is very busy and it is difficult to get an appointment. I also appreciate the support staff's compassion and patience.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

very knowledgeable and helpful in the 15 years I have seen her;she is very busy, but they all are, in my experience she is caring, patient oriented and has a very good manner about her.She does have definite opoinions about what will work and what not, but I would expect that from anyone who is on the ball and very experienced as she is.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Bergen gives you medication and tells you to come back in 3 months, what if the meds do not agree with you...and her secertary understands nothing she should not be there.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010