Ratings for Dr. Dorothea Bergen

Rolled her eyes at me, told me that doesn't happen when I tried to explain the horrible experience I had with the medication one of her coworkers prescribed. It does happen according to the research that I've read.. in as many as 25% of cases. Threatened to detain me against my will. Seemingly indifferent to the major harm that arresting people under the Mental Health Act will cause.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Avoid this woman. She rushes you through and doesn't listen. Doesn't understand how ineffective CBT treatment is and that's all she'll recommend. In fact, the entire Rapid Access clinic is a joke. There is nothing rapid about it, it took four months to get an appointment. The staff are completely incomopetent and don't communicate with one another - none of them would give me a straight answer and Bergen refuses to communicate with patients outside of appointments. I could have killed myself in the time they were giving me the run around and no one cares.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Very helpful, understanding and kind De Bergen will listen, help, but not judge

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I want to love the doctor but I have been puking for 2 and a half months straight from what she recommended to do. I just puked all morning and wasted my day, again. My bi polar is just increasing now. No one Cared after my voicemail crying to call me back to see Bergen earlier. I have to wait till my one last appointment to tell her this. I don’t trust her now because I am so ill

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Bergen for a number of years to help me live with depression. In my experience, she has always been incredibly knowledgeable, compassionate and helpful. Even when I attempt to lower my much needed medication and crash in the process, she does not play the blame game. She continues to educate and inspire me. Thank you Dorthea!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr. Bergen is fantastic. She has empathy and genuine concern,and a vast knowledge of her specialty. If she is running behind, it's because she is giving someone extra time that needs her. She did this for more than once!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Compassionate, incisive, knowledgeable and not a meds pusher.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I was under Dorothea bergen care for several years......although not completely open to therapy I was deffinately over medicated.....I have pictures of my pill bottles in rows.....have a symptom take a pill......that's how she deals with her more difficult cases.....it was such a s $#@ show that she dropped care of me......and passed me off to Dr Jay bondar who turned out to be worse.......it you are stuck I the white rock mental health loop get out while you still can.....if you are not I'll they don't have jobs......just a thought

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

My experience with Dr. Bergen has been incredibly positive. She is very knowledgeable about medication and her admin staff are efficient and accommodating. Dr. Bergen has been instrumental in my recovery.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr Bergen was crucial in my recovery. She is direct, but kind, and I am thankful for having had the opportunity to spend time with her and be under her care. :)

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014