Ratings for Dr. Aruna V. Khurana

Have been seeing Dr. Khurana for almost 9 years for my two kids. She is wonderful and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Doctor Khurana spends the time you need and explains everything to you! Very intelligent doctor! She might be a little old fashioned if you are looking for help with extended nursing and cloth diapering (many pediatricians aren't very familiar with it) but she is accepting of both of those. Experiences with daytime appointments are excellent, I have never tried to take an appointment after school hours.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr Khurana is absolutely wonderful. She has been caring for both of my children since birth and is always willing to respond, even when we needed to contact her on the weekend as a result of an asthma attack. She takes her time with her patients, is wonderful with children (and their parents) and always provides wonderful advice. My only criticism is that her staff are sometimes not as helpful or knowledgeable but it is a small price to pay for such a wonderful, committed clinician caring for my kids. If she ever retires, I don't know what I will do.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

As far as the doctor goes, I'd say medium to "let's keep looking". But it's the staff (why won't that affect the smiley anyway!?) that is my real issue. And I think it's only ONE of the staff, but she makes me feel like I'm an imposition if she needs to help me. Also, I have to stop by to pickup a controlled substance perscription once a month, and there have been TOO MANY times that it was not there waiting for me even though it had been called into the office 2-5 days earlier. I call before hand now and still, I have to ask for it again and reschedule my trip to pick it up. You'd think they'd write it automatically and have it ready since it's ALWAYS asked for every month. This is a case of the staff and customer service driving the customer away, not necessarily the doctor's knowledge, etc. I'm done with this doc...

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

I have been with her since I was little, and then I started taking my own children to her, I absolutly trust her and have always been pleased with the way she has handled my children.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Our large family has been going to&loved Dr.K for years&years. I'm sorry to write this report,but I am looking for another Dr.My now teenage daughter scorns to see DrK anymore&just rolls her eyes and says "Mom,Dr K is just going to take a couple of seconds&dismiss whatever we're concerned with, with a "it's nothing"Last week,I brought one of my kids in, who has severe and highly unusual ugly rashes all over her body for 2wk Dr. K. spend a grand total of 30 seconds telling me/us what she thought it was (something I discovered on google).Dr.K gave us THE BUMS RUSH, &hurt my dd feelings so badly with her dismissive &borderline rude FAST diagnosis,that she started crying when we got in the car.DrK didn't give me/us ANY info at all-just a kurt it's---don't worry.When I asked a couple question about what was going on with my child,she(in 30 seconds OR LESS)shrugged her shoulders and said "I dunno"to ALL of my questions.I'm so sad to write this review.I don't trust Dr. K w/my kids anymore:(

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

I wish I could stay with Dr. Khurana. Unfortunately, because of insurance issues we have to switch doctors and I'm finding it very difficult to find another doctor that I like as much as Dr. Khurana. I love that she is the only doctor in the practice. You'd think it would be difficult to get appointments, but it's not at all. She definitely cares about her patients, but she doesn't try to push her medical agenda on you. She is willing to do selective/delayed vaccine schedules and works with you in how you want to handle your child's health. I am nursing and my son is gaining weight slowly. Other doctors would have put him on formula right away, but she knows I want to breastfeed if at all possible and is working with me to help him gain more quickly.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

Dr. Khurana has been our pediatrician for the past 14 years. She is a wonderful, caring, intelligent doctor. She is that rare doctor who knows the family without the chart. I cannot imagine a better doctor for my children. Unlike the large practices, you nearly always see Dr. Khurana herself, except when she is "covered" by her sister (which was very comforting to my children when they were young). She does extremely thorough exams (testing younger children beyond a typical well-baby visit for developmental skill, hearing, etc) and offers wonderful suggestions at different times of childhood. The negative postings seem bizzare to me- we have had nothing but wonderful experiences in the many years we have known her.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

This doctor has too many patients in my opinion. I cannot, for the life of me, fathom why she is rated high by people on this page. We were rushed (the two times we saw her)and given platitudes for answers. Meaning answers I can get from my neighbor or the internet. No specific guidance on treatment.Getting a presciption from this woman is like pulling teeth out of a tiger. Your child has to be in a really bad shape. She dismissed our claims that my child kept complaining her ears hurt. Told us it will go away, it's the flu season. Went to another doctor, got second opinion, true enough, sinus infection with ear infection. Would never go back to this doctor. Oh, and quick to charge for things like immunization record for school and such ($25), $60 for ear piercing!! Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

I met her about a year ago from my local hospital via my OB/GYN doctor shortly after I gave birth. I visited her office with my newborn a couple times but didn't find her very helpful so I switched doctor shortly after. I tried to reach her on the phone a number of times and asked her some general questions but she never returned my calls. I felt like she just wanted me to show up at her door anytime I had a question so that she can collect co-pay from me.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

Dr. Aruna V. Khurana's Credentials

• Gsvm Med Coll, Kanpur Univ, Kanpur, Up, India (Grad. 1969)