Ratings for Dr. Robert Tye Whitaker

AWESOME DR AND MAN. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! MY DAUGHTER HAS SPECIAL NEEDS AND HE ALWAYS TOOK AMAZING CARE OF HER.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

omg ?I cannot believe some one would actually say anything bad about Dr Whitaker he is awesome, he took such wonderful care of my daughter at Richland 17 yrs ago and cared about her as well there were many times I went into picu and found him sitting by her bed! even when she left the hospital 3 months later and went to health south he came there to visit her when he was off duty, he is one of the best doctors I ever came in touch with now he has been my daughter son pediatrician for the past `12 years he loves him to death and the relationship he has with children is amazing. it will be a sad day when my grandson is to old to attend his office. sherry

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Whitaker is excellent! He has been a great physician to our 3 children. He takes the time to listen and explain when something is wrong. He has called personally to follow-up and made personal phone calls to refer to specialists. He has stepped out beyond the title of physician and taken the time to pray with me. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr. Whitaker has been seeing my three very accident-prone outgoing 100% boys since they were born. His diagnosis and treatment of my childrens' many ailments have always been accurate and effective. No one is perfect but he is very. I only wish he could be on call every time I've had to go to the emergency room.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

We recently moved to Dr. Whitaker when our family pediatrician retired after 32 years of business. Dr. Whitaker quickly made my children feel comfortable visiting a new doctor. His light heartedness had my boys feeling at ease. Since being there, they both have had Chronic Ear Infections, Croup, Strep and pink eye. When my oldest came in with his second ear infection, Dr. Tye immediately swabbed his ear and sent it away for testing, making sure we were on the right antibiotic. Sure enough, the antibiotic we used wasn't the right one and we were able to get on the right one. That made me feel confident in his treatment and care. He is quick, thorough and child friendly. I love his way with my kids, being silly and engaging them quickly. They trusted him right away. Even when sick, my kids can't wait to see Dr. Tye. The practice is also great because they have seperate waiting rooms for the sick and well. You don't have to walk through the well to get to the sick room!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

I'm sorry, this doctor is too playful when he is checking your kids, when he should be more seriously. My child was very sick twice, and everytime he blew it off and I had to take her to urgent care to be properly diagnose. He missed it everytime. If your child has more than a cold, then you're in trouble. We have since then left Sandhills and I have taking them there for over 20 years, but I have seen better days when the other doctors was there and it seemed better then. It was very hard to make the decision to leave after being there for so long, but after we left, and found a much better doctor, I kept asking myself what took me so long. In all fairness to Sandhills, they do have some much better doctors in their pactice. We didn't feel comfortable changing within and made the decision to leave. I must say, it was the best decision we could have made. I feel SandHill has gotten too big and is loosing touch with patients, with certain doctors. We love our pediatrician now!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr. Robert Tye Whitaker's Credentials

• Univ Of Sc Sch Of Med, Columbia Sc 29208 (Grad. 1995)

• BCBS Illinois