Ratings for Dr. Marvin Lagstein

Not what I expected. This dr. Is more of a business and marketing person than actual dentist. He sales you the product, and after making payments disappears. A different dentist attends you, and the assistants are the ones actually working on your mouth. . The truth is, you’ll pay more, and it’s thesamd amount of time as going to a different orthodontist. It is not possible for the braces to be effective within only 6 months, so please don’t go by dr. Langstein words. He is just trying to sale and make a big profit.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

I made an emergency appointment with Dr. Lagstein when my permanent lower retained detached after a routine dental cleaning. The doctor saw me in less than 24 hours after making the appointment! Upon entering his offices, I waited less than 5 minutes to see the doctor who was both extremely welcoming and caring. Within 15 minutes, I was in a chair with one of his very professional staff fixing my permanent lower retainer. This is how medical and dental care should be in the United States. Friendly and caring staff and short wait times. Dr. Lagstein even accepted my case pro bono since I'm a student!!! Probably the best medical experience I've had since moving to NYC eight years ago. Five stars and would ABSOLUTELY recommend his office anyone who's looking for professional orthodontic care in NYC.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Completely butchered my teeth. Everytime I go there it's a fight, he doesn't like people testing his ego. Making the story short I had to go to another orthodontist to fix what he did.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Lagstein is the greatest dentist. I recommend everyone who needs braces to go to a consultation and get the best service. The staff is wonderful as well especially Humma.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

BEWARE!!! I went to Dr. Lagstein, years ago, and because of this Dentist, he ruined my teeth. I could go on forever about horrible this place is, but I will just do a quick review. BEWARE THIS DENTIST COMPLETELY RUINED MY TEETH!! I had to get complete reconstruction on my teeth and get veneers, and spend over $20,000 to fix my teeth because he ruined mine from my braces, the way he put the on and the materials and things he used were horrible. I'll never forget, I was only about 10-12 years old and had braces on. Dr Lagstein and another dentist took me in a room and literally started yelling at me, about my teeth as if I ruined them. When the way the braces were put on were ruining my teeth, I took care of my teeth. I literally ran out of the room, crying. they never told my mother what they were doing, and left her in the waiting area, as they literally yelled at me in a room with two grown men, and made me feel horrible at such a young age. Because of this man I had root canal after root canal, I had to get rid of a ton of my teeth and like I said before spend a ton of money because of this horrible dentist. There were even a few times were there was a terrible snow storm and the towns were all closed because there was 2 feet of snow on the ground, we drove for about an hour for an only 15 minute drive, and we were a little late to the appointment and they literally yelled at my mom that we were late, in a big snowstorm. They literally yelled at my mom for us being late in a state of emergency, and they would not take myself or my brothers for our appointments. My Aunt used him as well for my 3 cousins, and she had the same type of problems. The past few years my mom and I have heard the Dr. Lagstein commercials on the radio, and literally have been dying laughing, that they actually have the audacity to scam other people. STAY AWAY! After this I went to Dr. Mezza in Wayne, however he is retired. And shortly after I went to Dr Vita in Clifton, NJ who is AMAZING and fixed the disaster that Dr. Lagstein created.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Buy BEWARE! Dr. Lagstein is not a orthodontist. DR. Lagstein sold me a pack of lies for 6k. 1. I paid Dr. Lagstein close to 6k to straighten my teeth in 6months which took more than a year. 2. He claims the reason why treatment is so expensive is because my teeth has a life time warranty. (Lies) my teeth moved after treatment and he refused to fix it. Futhermore my bite is off and now I have headaches, ear pain and poping of the jaw. 3. Very unprofessional and VERY DISHONEST. Save your money. He sells upu a pack of dreams to which he can not and refuses to deliver. If anyone has the same issue message me because I am going to seek legal action. Please contact me via email :liesdrlagsteinsold me@gmail.com

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Lagstein has his staff writing positive reviews on numerous websites to combat all his negative reviews...PLEASE BEWARE, Dr. Lagstein IS NOT a license orthodontist he is just a dentist. You won't let a heart surgeon perform brain surgery on you right? DR. Lagstein sold me a pack of lies for 6k. 1. I paid Dr. Lagstein close to 6k to straighten my teeth in 6months which took more than a year. 2. He claims the reason why treatment is so expensive is because my teeth has a life time warranty. (Lies) my teeth moved after treatment and he refused to fix it. Futhermore my bite is off and now I have headaches, ear pain and poping of the jaw. 3. Very unprofessional and VERY DISHONEST. Save your money. He sells upu a pack of dreams to which he can not and refuses to deliver. If anyone has the same issue message me because I am going to seek legal action. Please contact me via email :liesdrlagsteinsoldme@gmail.com

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Lagstein's for a little over two years due to my hectic schedule. I decided to choose the mental braces behind my teeth and Dr. Lagstein is one of the only doctors in NYC to offer this service. These braces are virtually invisible and work super fast so they are perfect for a professional adult. Angie was my assigned technician and we developed a really nice relationship over the course of my time receiving the treatment. She was thorough and explained every step of the process and the doctor would come in and handle the logistics. I never waited over 5 minutes to be seen and scheduling appointments was relatively easy. They are real with you. If you need more time to have your teeth perfectly straightened they will tell you. Trust the process and enjoy the ride. You will be happy you did.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Buyer beware! It's a little bit of the bate and switch. The advertisement basically says invisible braces for 6 months and you'll have beautiful teeth. Then you get in there and they say well it might take a few extra months and you can't use the invisible ones. I should have run away at that point but Dr. Lagstein is like a snake oil salesman and you get caught up in his sales pitch. Also the way they do it so quickly is they shave down your teeth to make the room. The hygienist that I had was not experienced. The cement that she mixed to put the brackets on was not mixed correctly and when they went to remove the brackets I thought they were going to pull my teeth out. The other thing she did wrong is damage two of my teeth while removing the permanent retainer. The tool slipped twice and I questioned her and she said it's made for this and won't do damage, but it did. One tooth she chipped a corner off and when I pointed it out she said it was like that before, but it wasn't. You can tell by the retainer that was made. The tooth in question was straight across in the retainer. The second tooth she damaged by putting a cut in the side. She said nothing to me and whispered something to the dentist later and they left it. I didn't know about it till I got home and saw it. Very unprofessional to make a mistake and not own up to it. Bottom line is, it's not worth it to go here because you pay a whole lot more, the braces aren't invisible and it's not really done much quicker. Do yourself a favor and go the regular route. I wish I had gone with my gut and never done this. I'm reminded every day when I look in the mirror of my bad decision!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

This is Dr Lagstein responding to a negative review To Whom it May Concern, With my sincere apology for your recent experience at our practice, please know that here at The Smile Specialists we strive towards providing the most comfortable experience we can to our patients. We value our patients and have formed very close and personal relationships with most. We take great pride in providing our new and existing patients with the information needed to make the dental choices they are up against, we take education very seriously. I would like to rectify your trust with our practice. Please feel free to contact me directly at ( the office number 646 216 5321 or my direct email drlagstein@smilespecialists.com) We do guarantee our work and I would like to make you happy. Again, I hope to the opportunity to win back your confidence, I look forward to your reply. Warm regards, Dr. Lagstein

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015