Ratings for Dr. Sudar M. Tanga

My best friend is a patient of Dr Tanga and she has a very rare disease that causes her to be in alot of pain. This idiot doesn't care about his patients at all. He put her on Topomax which is a seizure med and told her that it was because she needed to loose weight and when she actually had a seizure from taking the med he treated her like trash . He should not be allowed to practice medicine at all because he only cares about money and not the well being of his patients! If you have other options I would suggest you go anywhere but there!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Tanga should not even be practicing medicine. He doesn't care about his patients and is so paranoid about the DEA. He is absolutely a dictator. If you ask him questions he just shuts you down. Greed is what he is all about and doesn't even accept insurance. You also have to pay for drug testing out of pocket which is $150. One of the "nurses" told me the drug test kit is $27. That's a pretty good profit for Dr. Tanga since he tests everyone at least once a month. His office changed twice in the time I saw him. He has a HIDEOUS "office" in Cedar Grove. It's a rundown ole nursing home or daycare. It is filthy, hot and unsafe. The crime is off the charts. He is the worst doctor I have ever seen and provided no help to me. Personally, I think he should be locked up. He is ripping off his patients and should have his license revoked. He's running a scam.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Tanga for a while when an accident happened that caused serious damage to my health and finances. The staff and Dr. Tanga worked with me and helped me in a time where few people did. I will be fore er grateful for all the staff and Dr. Tanga. Thank you sincerely. Terry Fugler

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

This doctor and office are so unprofessional. I question Dr. Tanya's ethics. He only cares about money and not his patients. This office is a total racket and should be shut down. The physical office is in shambles: old, dirty, dark and in a terrible neighborhood. It must have been a former daycare. Large turnover of staff, too. DEA should be after him. A big fraud!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

avoid him. I have experienced all the comments made below in other comments about this lying money hungry, rude with no compassion for his patients. In jail? Well I disagree ,he should be banned from practicing medicine in the USA!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Dr. Tanga is a money hungry unethical horrible excuse for a Dr. He has zero care for his patients. His staff is very rude and uncaring with the exception of Kristy. He doesn't provide adequate medication for people with chronic severe pain. I went to him for a year and a half and he had the nerve to say I wasn't taking my prescription. I certainly wouldn't have paid his high ridiculous rate if I were not taking them. Funny thing I was drug tested next day at another office and all meds were in my system. He had me coming every two weeks then changed to ten days. I won't be back.. I am on hospice and given no where near adequate pain meds. He also had me on prescriptions that I never should be on. I'm in congestive heart failure now cause medicine damaged my heart further.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I won't even go into my experience with this "doctor". He is highly unethical and I highly suspect the DEA is investigating him. I can't believe he is able to practice medicine. Very paranoid. Lots of red flags.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

I was referred to Dr Tanga I've because of chronic pain he had all my records first of all I find out his office wasn't on Bett Kouns like the address read their office as moved to a old retirement home on west 70th it's a dump this doctor has been in business for years I heard several patients remark he changed office help and nurses every six months what is this doctor hiding from he was very rude to me never examined me told me I had to lose weight or he couldn't see me anymore I weigh less than I di when I was working and pain free ( I was wondering why all those skinny people were in the waiting room if only heavy people have pain ) he wouldn't prescribe me what my other doctor put in my report she was prescribing oh the reason I changed doctors I'd because my doctor passed away the prescription he gave me is making me sick and not helping my pain my next appointment is in two weeks if I feel abused again I want be going back

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

As a patient of Dr. Tanga for over 6 yrs, take my word and look elsewhere for a pain specialist. A typical office visit is 3-4 hrs and I've waited much longer. You won't see him but his PA must report and clear everything thru him. When he does actually see you, its to drop some kind of bad news. Greed is his middle name and control freak is his last. He cares nothing about his patients or their wellbeing. He won't give referrals for anything! (including disability or a different pain specialist for that matter) I heard a patient say he had them on antidepressants, benzos, TENS therapy including massage and injections...when he's never even given me an option to change my meds (40 mg Methadone per day) which keeps me in pain 24hrs day and dang near bedridden. Now he tells me I need to lose weight or he's cutting me off completely because he doesn't want the DEA to take his license. I seriously doubt a few fat patients is the reason the DEA has his malpracting behind on alert.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I am a current patient and I am trying to find a new one. Everyone in there is rude and the office is uncomfortable hot. If he likes to feel like being in the desert then move back to India. I feel alful and angry after going for my visit. god help you if you try to call with a problem. They lie and will not call you. Ihave wait there sometimes 6 hours to see the doctor. Everyone there is unprofessional. He can not keep staff, he is a male chauvinist pig and treats women like dirt. I don't give him any ratings. He does not even get a one!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015