Ratings for Dr. JONATHAN N. Lazare

I have known Dr. Lazare for a while know. He has been treating recurrent urinary tract infections. I have to say that I have never met a more considerate and compassionate urologist yet. He is highly professional, knowledgeable if slightly nerdy, allows for questions and gives enough time during the visits . I question the validity of the negative reviews that have been posted here, as I can't report any complains about this doctor. Dr. Lazare is, in fact, a highly regarded urologist at Methodist hospital . I have recommended him to all my friends and acquaintances that needed a urologist , and no one ever expressed any displeasure . The negative reviews appear as slender here. Dr. Lazare is a very approachable and ethical.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

AVOID LAZARE AT ALL COSTS. This guy seriously has issues and shouldn't be in this profession. He inserted a stent, I came out of procedure all bloody and in pain, thought this was normal, to only have stent replaced 3 other times with a different urologist with ZERO PAIN, minimal blood. The way it SHOULD'VE been. He was rude, uncaring, only thing he wanted to know was what insurance I had and refused to say anything else until I answered him. I heard he has a infamous reputation at Methodist hospital. The man just doesn't care and seems to be plain miserable with himself and life. You are playing with peoples lives Dr LAZARE - RETIRE ALREADYY IF YOU HATE WHAT YOU DO. SEE A PSYCHIATRIST.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

I fractured my crotch the Monday during my Spring Break in 2013 and on Thursday, Dr. Lazare gave me surgery and I have felt uncomfortable with just 1 testicle.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

This Dr. is very rude, unhappy, arrogant and unprofessional. I do not usually write reviews but I feel compelled to let others know that they should avoid Dr. Lazare. Upon entering the office there was a sloppy unprofessional atmosphere; no secretary to be found and no apology for having to wait. This Dr. was very unsympathetic and as my symptoms did not meet textbook requirements he told me that "my pain is all over the place, doesn't make sense and that I need to see a psychiatrist." Moreover this Dr. was very rude, abrasive, and quite frankly very unlikeable. He made me feel upset.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

saw doctor in hospital for surgery didnt know why i was there came in all tired meanwhile i was his first patient for surgery came for my followup at office today and results of a biopsy guess what office wasnt open very unprofessioal and will get my records and go elsewhere beware

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

this man was totally unprofessional. I was in the hospital with him as the assigned doctor. He ignored me for the 1st day while I was in severe pain, and not knowing what was wrong. When he finally came in he was intent on doing immediate surgery on a small 2mm kidney stone. He walked in bleary eyed and tired. not only was i not going to agree to a surgery on such a small stone I didnt want this half sleeping doctor going into me at that time. After i said I didn't want surgery he immediately left without even a rudimentary exam. He just wanted to do surgery and not actually spend the time to do this right. He did ignore me the following day till I requested another doctor. That doctor soon arrived and was quite professional and truly had a desire to get me better. he prescribed something to ease the pain, something to get the stone to pass, and something to releave painful constipation. Things Dr. Lazare had no desire to do to help.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I was hospitalized at New York Methodist hospital for 12days and only saw Dr. Lazare 3x while I was their... He first saw me 4 days after being admitted and soon disappeared when I ask about the results of the tests I had taken.. He didnot know because he told me he will check my files and get back to me, which was another 3days later...He never explained the results he just told me my case my unique and he had never seen anything like it before....But instead of him trying his best to find out more about my case I was eventually told that They were just keeping me comfortable and manage my pain but there wasn't anything more could be done... His next vistit to me was to discharged me...Im still suffering from the medical condition that brought me to NYM in the 1st place...eventually I got my records from NYM and went to a new doctor which immediately he explained the results of all the tests that were done...

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

dr lazare is unethical and does not tell the truth it is all about money he tells you one thing then when the bill comes o you have to pay me cash but before you started he said if insurce does not pay you do not have to pay that is how sure i am they will pay

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

Dr. JONATHAN N. Lazare's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

UnitedHealthcare