Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Litzinger

The office staff loses messages, forgets to call you back and you must call daily to get anything done. The office is chaotic and disorganized. The front office staff is curt and surly. Dr. Litzinger took personal calls during my appointments and charged me for those calls (10 - 20 minute calls). He told me about his personal life (don't care, don't care) and acted like I was his bartender. I don't care! And....he charged me for that time! Dr. Litzinger need 3 hours to do my intake! No one has needed 3 hours to do my intake before! And...he charged me for 3 hours! Just because he meanders about with a bad ADHD day doesn't mean I should be charged three times the price. His own ADHD makes him scattered, disorganized, hard to get through to. He pressured me to do expensive computer testing that may or may not be helpful. I was unimpressed. He needs to medicate his OWN ADHD before he can help me!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

Dr. J. Litzinger is a very good psychiatrist. I have been 100% pleased with every interaction I have had with him and, without any reservation, would recommend him to friends. I would, however, like to see the front office staff try to be more friendly. There is already an somewhat intimidating "window" that must be slid open when you check in and out. If it is there to maintain privacy, I completely understand. But what I have difficulty understanding is the consistent lack of friendliness from any of the staff when they slide open that glass. You know that feeling when you're made to feel like you are interrupting someone? For two years it has always felt like that. The absence of simple "Hi, how are you?" Coupled with a smile would do wonders for the overall patient experience. (This office has a lot of foot traffic. These comments are made based on observing dozens of similar interactions with fellow patients.)

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

As parents of children who have ADHD, our concerns were appropriately diagnosing our children and knowing someone was listening and compassionate. Doctor actually stated that he thought we were stupid to try alternative nutritional therapies first. And we felt that our experience with Dr. Litzinger was condescending. The costly TOVA preys on the fears that parents are subjecting their kids to possible overdosing. We went elsewhere (closer to home) and found a doctor that explained that medicine and dosage choices are limited anyway. Sure, the TOVA puts parents at ease with hopeful intensions. But paying for "accurate" titrating of doses and testing is probably unnecessary. Real life immersion is the true test of the effectiveness. Since our insurance was only taken by this doctor, Dr. L (not the other, more popular, doctor and inventor of the TOva test) we were stuck with Dr. L and chose to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

very good dr. I have a 16 yr old who has been seening him for over a yr now . He will send the time need with the patient.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I was told about Dr. Litzinger from a co-worker and then saw all the good reviews on the internet. My 10 year old son had bad experiences with other psychiatrists! I was happy with how much time he spent and how understanding he was. I also thought he was very funny (my son was very comfortable). He explained complicated ADHD ideas and made it simple for me. Now I feel guilty for letting my child be treated by some of the other child psychiatrists. After just 2 weeks my son is doing EXCELLENT for the first time. Dr. Litzinger used a test to help find the best dose of medicine and it worked remarkably well. He is also open to discussing non-stimulant treatments, rather than discounting them or putting them down. This was a huge plus to me! There has to be more than just medications for ADHD and Dr. Litzinger agreed with a very open mind. He even got my son to do yoga! He sees adults too, my husband finally agreed to treat his own ADHD! I should just thank co-worker for referring him.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

Dr. Jeffrey Litzinger's Credentials

• Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Reno Nv 89557 (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Los Alamitos, CA