Ratings for Dr. David F. Wynne

Most unprofessional and rude experience ever. I want to be clear that I am talking about Dr. David Wynne and not Dr. Gabriel Hester who actually no longer practices at this location (hmm wonder why that is). Before I tell you about my experience I would like for you to know that I am a registered pharmacist in the state of Alabama (Chandni Patel Woods, license #17856, can verify on Alabama board of pharmacy website) and my husband is a registered nurse in AL and NC(don't know his license number off the top of my head). All that to say we are educated people and very professional. My husband who is only 25 years old has arthritis in his lower back due to previous concrete work for over 10 years. He uses about #30 Norco's TOTAL every THREE to FOUR months. His last fill was Nov 16,2016. We just had an appt last week where he wanted to get refills on that and some nose sprays he had recently been put on from the allergist. He didn't want to keep going to a specialist for refills on nose sprays when his PCP could just write them. He also suffers from chronic nausea (unknown causes--doctors are still trying to figure it out). So he's also on zofran. I guess my husband has been seeing Dr. Hester at this office and not Dr. Wynne. He came in the room looking very irritated and flipped through some papers and immediately said that he couldn't fill any of his prescriptions and that he would go to jail if he filled his norco. I'm just in shock and speechless because clearly I know the law on prescribing narcotics since I call doctors on a daily basis when someone is getting a combo of unsafe drugs and they are getting something like #180 opioids a month. He went on to talk badly of Dr. Hester and said that he would go to jail if he continued to do that. He NEVER once even asked WHY my husband was on pain meds or we would have told him about the arthritis. He didn't offer any alternatives IF he couldn't write the norcos. No muscle relaxers, nothing. No "have you tried this?" He got more irritated when he saw that he was taking zofran every month (non control) and asked why he had chronic nausea. We're thinking we don't know that's why we're here. He then proceeded to say "well it's not rocket science, if you're nauseous it's your stomach or something's wrong up here (pointing to head)." He said he needed to get a CT scan ---(for nausea? Hmm) he stated again that he couldn't refill anything and left the room. On our way out, one of the nurses or his assistants ran up and demanded "Mr. Woods--we need you to pee in this cup for a urine drug screen". We were confused. Why does he need a drug screen when he hasn't had any controls in a while and he wasn't even given any refills? My husband went ahead and did it because he felt he would look "more like a drug addict" to them if he didn't. It has since come back clear. Overall the point of the story is that they literally treated us BOTH like we were drug addicts or selling drugs. It's funny because we both as healthcare professionals deal with more on hands opioids than he ever has or will. He just prescribes. So no thank you we're not drug addicts. Never going back there again. My husband was already hesitant about getting a new doctor after moving down here from NC since he loves his doctor there. I told him we had great doctors here and so there goes him listening to me ever again.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Base to Sherry G Butler this doctor is very horny and has an attitude of harassing the patient specially to a girl or homesexual patient, i don't like this doctor anymore

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Very knowledgeable and efficient. Would trust him to treat my entire family

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I have no doubt that Dr. Wynne saved my life. Never giving up to find the reason my pneumonia was not responding to treatment, he discovered that I had Legionaire's pneumonia. Mine was the first case of this rare and deadly pneumonia that he had seen. His care and concern through months of recovery was more that just a patient could ask for. Now my husband, two sisters and a brother-in-law see him for their care. We all agree that he is the most thorough and caring doctor that we have ever known. I feel extremely blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I called DR Wynne's office because of cough and hoarseness lasting 2 weeks .He fit me in his busy schedule and gave me a thorough examination and worked me up with some lab and x ray. The office nurse is wonderful .Very effficient. I was treated like royalty . Thank you Dr Wynne for such great treatment!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr. Wynn has helped me through several difficult problems. I have found him to be very knowledgeable, compassionate, thorough, and easy to work with. He has a very good staff and facilities for his practice. On a scale of 1-10, I give him a 9.9!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I've been with Dr. Wynne for quite a few years and I have NEVER had a bad experience. He is wonderfully caring man (and a Doctor) who always has your best interest in mind. He doesn't perform needless tests to jack up your bill... but if very thorough in his examinations. If you are looking for a family doctor, you could do no better than Dr. Wynne.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr. Wynne was recommended to me and my family by another doctor. My experience has been that he has always been helpful to me and my family, several times going above and beyond what was necessary. He is also very thorough in his exams, will fit you in when necessary, and is usually very timely with his appointments.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

DR WYNNE IS VERY DETAILED AND HAS POINTED OUT ISSUES I'VE HAD FOR YEARS AND NO OTHER DOCTOR HAS ATTEMPTED TO RUN THE TEST THAT DR WYNNE HAS TO FIND OUT PROPER DIAGNOS. I HATE HE IS NO LONGER TAKING NEW PATIENTS, BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE FOR MY CHILDREN TO VISIT HIM.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I am 78 years old and been to many doctors. Dr Wynne is very patient, knowlegable and helphful. He has done an excellent job of improving my quality of life. He has diagnosed several problems and refered me to other specalists to remedy the problems.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Dr. David F. Wynne's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Amerigroup