Ratings for Dr. Fergus G. McNestry

This is a psychiatrist you must avoid at all cost. Awful and dangerous, stay away if possible.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Not a team player, simulates real know-how. Should be more open to criticism about the way he practices.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Very rigorous and old school Dr. trained at a first rate school. One of the best. He is fair but demanding. If you do the work this man can help probaby help you. His team is very strong and uses a case management model. He is also Chair of his Department and a strong leader. There are both inpatient and outpatient services at this institution.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. McNestry is an amazing psychiatrist. He is brilliant, kind and doesn't take any b.s. He saved my life! I can actually enjoy life now, instead of feeling like I was living in a dark hole. I still see him monthly, and will always be on medication. Hey - it's better than being six feet under. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

still see the doctor i think he is very good and understandin resourceful and willin to point u to other agancies in the community that can also assist u 4 on going support

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. McNestry is very kind; he is also understanding.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

I was patient of Dr.McNestry's several years ago and have since seen him briefly during and over-night visit to hospital.When I was younger and first met him I thought he was very 'mean' and 'uncaring' but in retrospect I think I combative and I think I was too sick at the time to offer fair judgment of Dr. McNestry. When I met him again recently I found him to be pleasant, prompt, respectful and humorous. He also respected my wishes and made the appropriate orders I requested. We actually parted ways laughing.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010