Dr. Richard Parkinson

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard Parkinson

I can't believe that you have to have private health insurance in order to see a doctor. The patient may not be able to afford it, so the saying money talks and bs walks is once again proven so true. I know now why so many people go overseas to have surgery. How can I rate a DOCTOR who refuses to even see a patient because they have no private cover.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr . Parkinson is a lovely man and helped our son and was lovely to speak to... however the same cannot be said for his secretary.. who I will not name but she was unwilling to help or be of any assistance .. she was rude and unprofessional

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

I am a very active person who has always played numerous sports and undertaken heavy weight lifting at the gym. My health is the most important thing in my life. For over a decade I managed pain from a bulging disc (L5 S1) through epidural cortisone injections. Unfortunately it all gave way in October last year and I was referred to Dr Parkinson by my sports doctor. He is amazing, at that stage I had a bad foot drop from the nerve being squashed and was very concerned about my ability to walk properly and train in the future. I was quite clear that I wanted to be doing heavy weights ASAP so we decided a spinal fusion was best for me. Three and a half month later and I'm now completely pain free and training unrestricted. I did squats the night Dr Parkinson gave me the all clear! He has a very professional manner, he keeps you well informed and is much more caring than other surgeons I've experienced in the past. In my eyes he's a genius and his staff have been very helpful and always have time for you even though it's a very busy office.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Dr Parkinson is very pleasant, very informative and helpful. However, his practice manger, shows no regard or respect for patients. The tone and content of her emails is objectionable. She emails incorrect information and takes no responsibility or accountability. In her view, the patients are wrong!

Submitted January 23, 2018

I visited Dr Parkinson after having troubles with my Coccyx, and found him to be extremely helpful and knowledgable. He performed an operation on me to remove the coccyx, and it was a smooth operation with no complications, and i've recovered very well since then. I'm so happy with my result! Thanks a lot Dr Parkinson.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

After three failed back operations over two years with another well-known back surgeon at Prince of Wales I decided to give Dr Parkinson a try. This was the best move I could have made. After three years of being in back pain and having limited movement I am back to the kind of fitness I had before the problem began. The fact that I am 55 and have avoided a back fusion can only be seen as a bonus. Six months have passed and I am bushwalking, kayaking and power walking again. I only wish I had gone to Dr Parkinson to begin with.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Early 2014 I underwent surgery with Dr Parkinson and now I am very happy with the result. Dr Parkinson is a highly skilled specialised surgen with a big heart. Thanks to Dr Parkinson now 42 today I live an active normal life and able to do a lot of things I did prior to my injury. The surgery was a lumbar fusion (ALIF) to stabilise one fractured and displaced vertebrae which was tipping off to the side. Pre surgery the pain level was high all the time feeling extremely nervous and anxious facing lots of uncertainty, in short I was a broken man. Under the circumstances Dr Parkinson was truely exceptional. He listened and answered all my many questions his logic and professionalism was reassuring felt like I was in compotant hands. Dr Parkinson was understanding and had my best interest at heart. Post surgery recovery went well with some minor expected issues, aches etc that gradually went away over time began to get back to normal life. His staff are great women are proactive, efficient, kind and friendly made things easy. As a result of Dr Parkinson's I am able today live a mostly pain free non symptomatic normal life for the most part, retain my job and career work full time, have a relationship, able to stay fit and healthy and function normally. I thank Dr Parkinson for all the personal sacrifices, commitment, effort, discipline, his character which has made the surgeon he is today. Dr Parkinson intelligence and skills gave my life back with out his work it would of been different. I would not hesitate referring him to anyone who ever asks.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr Parkinson helped when no one could. After 12 months of pain and 2 prior surgeries. Dr Parkinson got me back to nearly 100%. Fully recommend him to anyone. Even called my wife after surgery to let her know how everything went. Staff are awesome and always willing to help.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

This doctor's practise reminds me of a sausage factory....his rooms were so disorganised, there are CT scans all over the place, which probably explains why he could not find mine. He was not particularly attentive and rushed me out the door before I could finish asking questions. The consult was approx. 10 minutes and the charge was $350. From this rushed 10 minute conversation I decided to proceed with my spinal surgery. Post operation, I had some pain management issues. His paperwork instructs patients to call his office if they cannot control their pain. I called his office 5 times over 2 days....on each occasion the receptionist told me that Dr Parkinson would return my calls immediately. He never did. I had to go and see my GP in order to have the issue addressed. In my experience, this doctor charges excessive fees and does not honour his commitments to provide post-surgical pain management advice. Once that credit card is swiped, he appears to lose interest.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr Parkinson was incredible. I had a herniated disc L5/S1 he did a excellent surgery on 1/3/2017 ( micro discectomy ). I am very happy with the result. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him and his team to anyone . Thank you again Zoltan Kohalmi

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017