Ratings for Dr. Stewart M. Kamen

quick and nonattentive, no care or follow up instructions given

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Staff wasn't very welcoming at first but did warm up eventually ... Could have been a stressful day for them. Dr Stewart was very nice and took time with me without feeling rushed. I definitely would recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

DR Kamen is one of the most professional,competent, caring doctors my father(patient and I have ever encountered. We have been blessed to have found him. My father had been admitted to Lawrence Hospital with an foot wound and he and DR Friedman were his consults. For 6 months he worked dilegently to try to get the foot wound to close with diferent modalities, an off loading boot and worked in conjuncton with home care and his PCP. As an nurse, I was amazed at the collobrative multidisciplinary approach and communication he had with the home care nurse, pcp, rehab center after surgery and myself. He was always accessible and there was no issue with urgent appts. My father fully trusted him. He never gave up always thinking of diffrent treatments and finally surgery.His pre op and concurrent planning in the hospital was superb and everything went flawless.His wound is now fully healed, something we never thought would ever happen. I highly reccomend him to anyone. Thank you for making my father mobile again and your compassionate attitude. You are our hero!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. KAMEN IS CARING & PRACTICE HIGH STANDARD. He performed an incredible Bunionectomy & left my Toes Gorgeous!I followed all his instructions from feet elevated after surgery to applying Neosporin ointment on the incision,I wore the frankeistein shoes to protect my wounds,also used crutches, followed Dr Kamens advice & bought New Balance sneakers once the swelling of feet went down I even bought one size bigger & wore yoga pants to assimulate the sneakers. I Did not wear Heals at All for over one year. I ate super healthy due to that i was not at all exercing & was not looking forward to gain weight. My advice to anyone looking into this surgery Be Emotionally prepared to Follow All the required to ensure a good recovery, Dr Kamen is My Heroe & I will forever Appreciate his Sincerety. Ana

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I have been a pt. of Dr. Kamen's for many years. I left a phone message with Dr. Kamen's secretary explaining that I was in foot pain on a Friday morning and requested a call back. Many hours later, I was informed that ,Dr. Kamen had left for surgery and he would call me on the following Tuesday. I questioned this, explaining again that I was in pain and again I was told that " he would call me on the following Tuesday. I also left a second message for a call back that following week ". I never did receive a call back. For me, this was completely unexceptable.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

DR KAMEN IS IN MY OPINION NYC BEST KEPT SECRET IN BUNIONECTOMY SINCE I WAS A CHILD I HAD UNHAPPY FEET NEVER EVER used OPEN TOE SANDLES EVEN ON HOT SUMMER DAYS, MY TOES WERE A MESS LONG TOES,LOOKED LIKE HAND FINGERS,NOT STRAIGHT MY TOES WERE MY ENEMIESJUST NEVER TOLD ANYONE I SUFFERED IN SILENCE FOR YEARS ! EVEN FELT DEPRESSED,NEVER WENT TO THE POOL/BEACH, I FELT SUCH EMBARRASEMENT OF MY FEET : ( ONLY I KNOW HOW THIS AFFECTED MY LIFE! I PROMISED MYSELF I WILL ONE DAY HAVE THE $ TO FIX THOSE FKRS FINALLY GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS MY DR MENTIONED A PROFESSOR FROM COLOMBIA DR KAMEN, WASTED NO TIME CALLED,MADE APPT DR KAMEN IS A PROFESSIONAL BEYOND, I EXPLAINED MY PROBLEM BECAUSE I HAVE A PSYCH DEGREE I USED MY NOGGIN I DIDNT SAY I HATED MY FEET ARE ALIENS PS HELP ME! I SAID MY FEET HURT SO BAD MY TOES I CANT WEAR SHOES I NOTICED HIS PROFESSIONAL WORK ETHIC & KNEW HE WOULDNT DO THE SURGERY FOR BEAUTY PURPOSES, HE OPERATES FOR HEALTH PURPOSES. I DID WHAT I HAD TO. I HAVE HAPPYFEET DR K I?U

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Disappointed ! I left my home all the way to 220st about e location of this hospital. The team contacted me a ay before to make sure I'd be there. It's very far by subway and you have to walk many blocks. When I arrived there the team (I guess assistants who were in charged) said I will have to wait at least 2 hours because the doctors had to do a surgery. Question: they knew I'd come because they called me a day before, Why they didn't call to say they doctor couldn't see me ? I wasted my day since it's so far away and you have to walk a lot more. If you have another choice, don't go in there, I heard this doctor does it often and the team in the hospital doesn't let the patients know about. Walter Alencar (had appointment in September 2013)

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr.Kamen is Awesome, he is very polite, I arrived late most of the times and he was never bothered.Dr Kamen is very honest and told me the truth of what my options were, the bunion surgery was set up and I was given paper work and I love the fact he was not trying to send me to anyone for physical before operation, Joan his secretary called weeks before surgery to secure medical clearance and she was at all times polite. My insurance Blue Cross paid a large sum of bill i only paid $1000.00 including therapy after surgery. Dr. Kamen is worth every dime ! He was great with filling out disability papers, i returned to work when i was ready. My surgery was a Success I followed all Dr Kamens advice he even gave me a direct number to contact after surgery foe any concerns, I called seberal times and he was Awesome, he returned my calls always ! Dr Kamen is an Angel I saw 5 podiatrist in NYC before Dr Kamen. I was very fortunate to find THE BEST !

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

He was not very helpful and not very competent.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Dr. Stewart M. Kamen's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Delta Dental