Ratings for Dr. Hall Chew

I left Dr. Chew's office I feeling more informed with my issue and now had a treatment plan in place. I had 2 doctors and a doctors assistant with me and everyone of them treated me with utmost respect and made sure I fully understood everything they were telling me. The lady in the office got me processed quickly when I told her I had a return flight for that day - many thanks to all of you.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2019

He removed a papilloma from the corner of my eye and basically changed my life. He’s brilliant, friendly and extremely caring. I travelled far to see him and I couldn’t be happier that I was lucky enough to get to see HIM. The secretary also went above and beyond making sure that I knew where to find the pharmacy. I felt completed loved and cared for in this office. So, thank you for everything Dr. Chew and assistants.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

my experience has been mixed, having to travel and stay in a hotel to be treated by Dr. Chew, makes it very important that each visit be worthwhile. As most busy specialist today there is no time to review medical history or background, as well as be familiar with allergies and so on. I was prescribed antibiotics twice I was allergic to. My complicated medical issues were not considered as well before making decisions about tests and treatment. This is disapointing. He is very pleasant and professional otherwise. But having to force the doctor to listen to you and him not taking notes, seeing one patient after another, is not a good way to deal competently with all patients. Perhaps the best care is in the USA now, our choices are limited and slow.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2019

Dr chew was awesome for what he did with my moms Ieye he remarkable and i would like to thank him for everything he did

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Chew is an excellent and has great patient centered care and takes time with his patients. Unfortunately he changed his specialty and changed administrative assistant and the current one is rude and not professional. The office made a mistake and instead of apologizing for not sending the referral blamed the patient. I saw Dr. Chew every two years now I am losing vision in my eyes and it is time for another follow up. I forgot the name of the opthalmologist he referred me to based on my condition so I called hid office. " It is your fault! It is been 2 years and you are calling now?" Well first of all, normally if the specialist refers you to another specialist it goes to your family doctor it does not go to the patient. My family doctor never received the referral from Dr. Chew's office nor did the incoming Opthalmologist. They need my file and I was told "we will not refer you again go to your family doctor!" First of all they never referred me in the first place, the doctor did but the receptionist didn't do her job and is now blaming the patient. Somehow my referral not being sent is my "fault". Terrible staff and further training is required for staff when dealing with patients as its a reflection of the hospital and the doctor. If I knew someone who needed cornea transplant or complex cataract surgery I would refer them but I would warn them about the administrative assistant she would benefit from further training.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

I had corneal surgery along with a cataract removal and Dr Chew was incredibly professional and caring during the many visits I had with prior to surgery. Post surgery he was excellent as well. I will require the other eye to be done and I have no worries having dr Chew perform the next surgery. Thank you Dr Chew.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Dr. Chew is truly amazing, he was so patient and gentle with my dad when we went for an appointment. Later, I had a question about my dad’s prescription and I called him. He returned my call many times, but I missed it because I was at work. He took the time to call me after work to answer my question. I truly have no words. He’s the best!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

There are no words to fully describe how incredible Dr Chew is. He had been absolutely amazing throughout the entire process of my husband seeing him at Sunnybrook. Never rushes him, answers all of our questions, and truly cares about his patients. His receptionist Bev is phenomenal, and an amazing extension to his professionalism.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

.Good Doctor, he did a corneal cross linking on my right eye for keratoconus. Two days later I’m pain free.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

On time ,respectful,and formative even nothing futher to my eye. I still trusted in him hope one day he will do something to make my right eye better. GOD BLESS

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017