Ratings for Dr. AL Hajjaj

My eldest son had wisdom teeth removed in December 2016, for approximately $3,200 by Dr. Hajjaj. Youngest son needs the same, but has complex medical needs and his doctor said the teeth need to be removed in hospital, so we were referred to an oral maxofacial surgeon in Edmonton, just got the insurance estimate for cost of $2,500 with no additional charge for hospital as this portion is covered by Alberts Heathcare. Wow, thanks for ripping us off Dr. Hajjaj!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Had two separate situations with Dr. Hajjaj and both were very positive. My son needed multiple extractions when he was small and came home with no bleeding, swelling, or pain. He was only about 6 at the time and from the consult to the when they held his hand while easing his, and our, fears to the procedure room, the whole team was fantastic. Fast forward to last September when my 17 year old son's dentist found a tumor in his jaw at a routine dental exam. Our dentist was able to make arrangements to have him in the next day for a consult and we had him in surgery in less than a week. The team acted quickly but rationally and were very reassuring. They were able to save 1 tooth from extraction and were able to remove whole tumor while saving a sliver of bone so no bone graft was needed. Again, the swelling, pain, and bleeding was very minimal and follow up care was phenomenal. Even as he had IV put in and fainted/vomited, they were on top of it and calmed his nerves. Can't say enough about this Dr and his whole team. We are very lucky to have him in Central Alberta.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

My dentist referred my to this clinic, they called me 3 times in one week to make sure that I knew that there was a $150 fee for the initial visit, they made me wait one hour and a half that I lost from work. The doctor didn't even have the X-rays to assess the wisdom tooth extraction that I went for, spent barely 5 minutes with me, insisted even without having the X-ray that it had to be under general anesthetic, wanted to put me down for the day, mentioned that if I had any infection would be painful, nobody in it's right mind would do a tooth extraction with an infection going on, but that's what he came up with at the time. He brought me to the front desk, where they gave me date for 6 weeks, these guys have an anesthesiologist come from Calgary once a week, like we don't have any in Red Deer. Again very insistent on that I had to come with $350 in hand for the anesthesia fee, and very interested in finding out how much my health insurance would cover, a $1,500 estimate to remove one wisdom tooth. Overall unorganized, unprofessional, expensive

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed by Dr Hajjaj. He was extremely professional and made me feel comfortable about the procedure. The staff and nurses were excellent in the process as well

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

So kind, knowledgable, and professional. I would definitely reccomend this Dr.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I had my all 4 of my wisdom teeth (impacted) removed on Dec. 18. I was very nervous but both the staff and Dr. Al-Hajjaj answered all of my questions (even via email). I felt well taken care of. The receptionists, multiple nurses, anesthesiologist and Dr. Al-Hajjaj were all very polite, knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I would HIGHLY recommend this office to anyone who needs oral surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Our son went in for wisdom teeth extraction. Was treated very well, everything explained very thoroughly and he recovered quickly. Follow up was very good and the entire experience was handled professionally. We would recommend Dr. Al Hajjaj.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I was also very impressed by Dr. Hajjaj. We were there for a consult only from our GP and he was wonderful. Explained everything to us, very helpful,very friendly and knowledgeable. Didn't make you feel that you were "just one more case"!! Even shook our hands on the way out of the office. Would highly recommend him for any work that might be needed.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

My daughter got her wisdom teeth removed. Her experience was excellent. The problem came with the billing. They labled things one way, but use number codes that mean different things. As a result, my insurance won't cover nearly $1000 of the procedure. When I spoke to the manager, she was very rude and unprofessional. I recommend researching the procedure before signing anything. Review the quote for services, and compare that against your insurance plan. Overall, I am very frustrated with this office and am still refusing to pay them some of the charge that they won't change the codes on.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

I am so impressed by this Doctor. I was very nervous and uneasy before my consultation. Dr. Hajjaj treated me with such respect and answered every question I had with great knowledge. He definately treats his patients as people and not as patients. His office is run like a well oiled machine and everyone there is AMAZING!!! I can't say enough about the positive experience I had here. We are so fortunate to have Dr. Hajjaj in Red Deer and I will definately return to his office if more oral surgery is ever required. Kudos to Dr. Hajjaj and all of his caring staff!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011