Ratings for Dr. Samuel Markowitz

He is a rude man who I would never recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

All these people who have given Dr. Samuel Markowitz a bad review are idiots. This man is knowledgable, kind, attentive and cares for his patients. There is no obligation to buy glasses in his store, you do what you want with your prescription. As for ethnic discrimination... Ridiculous the staff is kind and very helpful. Keep track of your own appointments especially when you have a serious eye condition. Professor of ophthalmology, you can't get better than that.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I am a low vision patient and need regular care. This doctor has known me since I was 16; i am now 26 ask me how many times his office reached out to me to schedule an appointment? Not even once. The staffs are not that nice as well, and I do think they might be a little discriminating towards ethnic people. Even though I am a low vision patient and need regular visits he does not care. When i do make my own appointments he just checks my eyes and gives me a prescription. Doesn’t ask how I have been, how I am dealing with this condition and whether i can do anything to help prevent my vision from getting worse. He has no emotional intelligence and is only in it for the money. Whether he is smart or not, he has no social skills and lacks in communication. I have received treatment abroad and have never felt so comfortable and treated with respect. The doctors actually cared about their patients, unlike this one. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS MAN. He is not pleasant at all.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I completely agree with people who find bad this professional in eyes . Old, and teacher at University, we suppose he has a very good experience, , but what is important to him is his glasses store. He doesn't speak to much , he never give you an diagnostic clear, you must made an appointment to ask him questions to be clear about your problem,, he suggests for you glasses to change every year and you are obligated to buy in his store. I will never back. Stay away from this " bad professional"!!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

This man is by far the WORST doctor I have ever met. I have never encountered a more arrogant and rude man in my entire life. I called recently to ask if I could get find out if results of tests were in and his office refused to give me the information. They said I needed to schedule an appointment to find out. I was furious and never went back and will never go back. Stay away from these idiots. He is wretched man.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I have Glaucoma and have been attending Dr. Markovitz' office at Dovercourt and Davenport for 15 years.... Dr. Markovitz and his staff have treated me like family--with kindness and respect ---for the entire time. Dr. Markovitz is internationally respected in his field.. his staff are exceptional and perform exemplory service at all times.I am absolutely insulted by some of the comments I have read on this website against this clinic. Perhaps some of the individuals who made the comments need a psychiatrist as opposed to an opthalmologist.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

Dr. Markowitz appeared to be very cordial, respectful, knowledgeable; explained options and made me feel I can trust that I am receiving the best care.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

A warm and very knowledgeable doctor. I needed to get my eye prescription updated for nearsightedness b4 getting new glasses; he was very thorough. Just don't expect immediate chattiness or extensive small talk, but who needs that? Staff were a bit chilly, but not bad.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Very competent, kind and patient doctor even when I forgot to take the medicine he prescribed. Very good doctor, he found and fixed my problem (glaucoma). His staff (front desk) is very rude, though, never calls before appointments, and you have to walk on eggshells in front of her, or you will obtain an humiliating outburst/attitude. But the doctor is so wonderful I'll keep going there.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011

I lvoed the doctor but not so much his stuff- the girls there are a bit rude and unprofessional he is a gerat doctor though

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010