Ratings for Dr. Malcolm Orr

First time seeing Dr Orr. I was impressed. Very informative. I felt comfortable and well taken care of.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

The staff are impossible to reach by phone the voice mail system is designed not to let you speak to someone. Previous location was much better.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Very nice doctor. He did my cataract surgery, and it went well. Only regret is that I did not discuss with him about having monvision.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I have been seeing this exceptional doctor since 2005. He has done corneal transplants in both my eyes with excellent results. He was always kind, patient and encouraging. While in hospital it was evident that the nursing staff think highly of him. I can see clearly today thanks to him and would recommend his care to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Orr performed my cataract surgery. He was kind and supportive and explained everything well. His office staff are exceptionally nice and friendly. I am very pleased with the results of the surgery.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr.Orr for two months now and find him to be very kind, unhurried in explaining my condition to me and never makes me feel that I need to "hurry-up" I find Dr.Orr to be so pleasant & re-assuring and I have the utmost confidence in him! His staff is exceptional.....very courteous, just the right degree of humour and most accommodating. Overall, it has been a pleasure going to this office!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Glad to see that all the comments are positive as that is my experience of coming to this office for over 6 years now. Whoever commented June 12th about dark spots must really need not only his eyes examined but perhaps his personality. Office in a 'poor' part of town?? If this is a poor part of town it's news to me. The negative comments about the staff are totally untrue. All the staff over the years have been excellent. So I would highly recommend Dr. Orr and happy for the staff as well.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr Orr is an excellent ophthalmologist who I have been seeing for years now. I find his office to be pleasant, his staff to be friendly with exceptional phone manners, and he himself is a very nice man. There are certain times when he can get 20 minutes behind or so, but most of my visits have been punctual, and if he is behind he always apologizes as he knows everyone's time is valuable. I would certainly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I went to see him for 'dark spots' or 'pulled areas' on retina. From the onset the staff at desk is expecting a lowly clientele - the office is in a particularly 'poor' area of this city - and behave a little uncourteous. The doctor showed up 20 minutes late. Then after doing obvious and unnecessary vision accuracy tests, he forcefully put a yellowish substance into my eye or under the eyelid, which felt offensive and a little physically intimidating. And then he went on to put pupil-dilating eyedrops, at which point I told him I can do it myself. I did, and then waited for 45 minutes in the waiting room. At that point, an hour and half in and still no useful eye exam done, I left, and found myself struggling with dazzled eyes in the broad day. Nice stuff.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Orr was very thorough in his examination, evaluation and treatment for my eye condition. He is very good in explaining the details me and his follow ups definitely make me feel that I'm in very good hands.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013