Ratings for Dr. Malcolm Orr

I've seen Dr. Orr for at least 8 yrs maybe longer. I no longer live in Victoria but have been going to him for my yearly check. He is a very kindhearted and understanding man, takes his time, does not rush you, answers all questions and has a wonderful way of speaking while he goes through the exam of your eyes. Now I've recently had a serious eye issue and am still trying to find a doctor where I live and the emergency one I've had to see is totally opposite of Dr. Orr. He has many negative comments as well on this site. I now appreciate Dr. Orr even more as on the mainland here most of the eye doctors seem to be extremely overworked, too busy with too many patients and it shows and some of them are down right rude and worse. So I'd recommend everyone to Dr. Orr. I'm sure he is a great surgeon as well. You are all very lucky in Victoria to have such a kind, and knowledgeable doctor. Judith

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

He has done three surgeries on my eyes for different things he is compassionate and excellent surgeon

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

First time seeing Dr Orr. I was impressed. Very informative. I felt comfortable and well taken care of.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

The staff are impossible to reach by phone the voice mail system is designed not to let you speak to someone. Previous location was much better.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Very nice doctor. He did my cataract surgery, and it went well. Only regret is that I did not discuss with him about having monvision.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I have been seeing this exceptional doctor since 2005. He has done corneal transplants in both my eyes with excellent results. He was always kind, patient and encouraging. While in hospital it was evident that the nursing staff think highly of him. I can see clearly today thanks to him and would recommend his care to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Orr performed my cataract surgery. He was kind and supportive and explained everything well. His office staff are exceptionally nice and friendly. I am very pleased with the results of the surgery.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr.Orr for two months now and find him to be very kind, unhurried in explaining my condition to me and never makes me feel that I need to "hurry-up" I find Dr.Orr to be so pleasant & re-assuring and I have the utmost confidence in him! His staff is exceptional.....very courteous, just the right degree of humour and most accommodating. Overall, it has been a pleasure going to this office!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Glad to see that all the comments are positive as that is my experience of coming to this office for over 6 years now. Whoever commented June 12th about dark spots must really need not only his eyes examined but perhaps his personality. Office in a 'poor' part of town?? If this is a poor part of town it's news to me. The negative comments about the staff are totally untrue. All the staff over the years have been excellent. So I would highly recommend Dr. Orr and happy for the staff as well.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr Orr is an excellent ophthalmologist who I have been seeing for years now. I find his office to be pleasant, his staff to be friendly with exceptional phone manners, and he himself is a very nice man. There are certain times when he can get 20 minutes behind or so, but most of my visits have been punctual, and if he is behind he always apologizes as he knows everyone's time is valuable. I would certainly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014