Ratings for Dr. Gordon Goplen

Does not provide full information as to alternatives to surgery. He never discussed rate of success versus failure. Get in and get out, not a care for the patient, the surgery surpasses the patient.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

Answered all of questions. Got back to me if needed. Surgery on knee went as planned. Subsequent appointments alleviated my concerns. Doctor is approachable and provides sound advice and is encouraging SUpport staff are all positive and compassionate.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I was told by other doctors for the last 20 years that my lower was the cause of my pain. After begging to xray my hip for the last few years . My GP finally said ok we will xray but we wont find anything. Week later i got a call saying he was getting me appointment with a surgeon. I am so lucky to have got Dr Goplen. Had a short visit with him. He got me in and fixed my hip. I am finally pain free. He is my hero. I am so grate full. When i go and see him for my follow up for my hip . I am sure he is probably going to say i need the other hip done sometime. I know i have lower back issues that i will gladly take his advice on dealing with my back issues.. I will do what he wants. He is the best. I have only talked with him 20 minutes not 20 years. He knows his stuff. Thanks Dr G. for giving my life back.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Very rude. Doesn't explain anything. Arrogant. I have no idea of what to expect in the healing of my leg. One star because I had to for this review; otherwise zero star.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Broke both ankles in MVC. Dr Goplan did everything he could to fix the ankles. Right ankle is now fine. Left had more damage, it was basically crushed. Dr Goplan was to the point and didn’t promise things that were not going to happen. Had a follow surgery to have pin removed. Since then; no pain, more movement, little swelling. I have a physical job that I can go back to with some gym time. I know Dr Goplan is the reason this is happening. If you want someone to blow smoke and make promises, this is not the doctor for you. If you want a doctor that will fix what he says he will, Dr Goplan is your man. He is very busy and you need to wait for follow up after your are done your initial care, but it’s worth it.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Slipped on the ice in October 2006 and smashed my pelvis. Dr. G. told me it was just a lot of mush. He inserted a plate to hold it together, said it would knit, and it did. He thought I would need a hip replacement in about a year. This is eleven years later - no hip replacement, I don't walk as well as I used to, but............I'm now 90 years old!! Thank you Dr. G for not writing me off as "too old to bother with"!!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Just had a hip replacement done by Dr. Goplen a week ago. I found him not only very professional but caring as well. He made a point to come and see me in post op because I was so apprehensive about the surgery. I know its only been a week, but I feel like a million dollars already. The absence of pain is indescribable. I realize that there is obviously pain from the surgery but the pain from the joint is completely gone. This man is a saint and I don't care what anyone says he is far from retiring I hope. I would recommend him any day of the week. Thank you Dr. Goplen :)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Performed elbow surgery still do not have full use of my arm and because of how poorly I was cast I lost all mobility of my wrist. This dr do not know his patients and all he cares about his the surgery part. He do not care about the therapy after which is a major part after the surgery is completed. Went in with my physio reports and he refused to look at them. His words was I don't read that. If you are not going to read the reports from physio how do you know how a patient is doing? He does not make you feel like he cares about you at all. When I visit I felt like he was laughing at me on the inside. Walked away feeling very upset and useless! Thanks for lifting me up when I was feeling down. Your dr should be there to work with you not against you!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Had reconstructive surgery on left foot, everything took good and is healing great. Just need to worry bout my physio.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

My father and I saw him for dad's hip surgery. He was very personable and informative. He was very clear about scheduling. I believe his preference is foot and ankles. He talked about the various methods of hip surgery and explained​his preference.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017