Ratings for Dr. Gordon Goplen

Just had a hip replacement done by Dr. Goplen a week ago. I found him not only very professional but caring as well. He made a point to come and see me in post op because I was so apprehensive about the surgery. I know its only been a week, but I feel like a million dollars already. The absence of pain is indescribable. I realize that there is obviously pain from the surgery but the pain from the joint is completely gone. This man is a saint and I don't care what anyone says he is far from retiring I hope. I would recommend him any day of the week. Thank you Dr. Goplen :)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Performed elbow surgery still do not have full use of my arm and because of how poorly I was cast I lost all mobility of my wrist. This dr do not know his patients and all he cares about his the surgery part. He do not care about the therapy after which is a major part after the surgery is completed. Went in with my physio reports and he refused to look at them. His words was I don't read that. If you are not going to read the reports from physio how do you know how a patient is doing? He does not make you feel like he cares about you at all. When I visit I felt like he was laughing at me on the inside. Walked away feeling very upset and useless! Thanks for lifting me up when I was feeling down. Your dr should be there to work with you not against you!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Had reconstructive surgery on left foot, everything took good and is healing great. Just need to worry bout my physio.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

My father and I saw him for dad's hip surgery. He was very personable and informative. He was very clear about scheduling. I believe his preference is foot and ankles. He talked about the various methods of hip surgery and explained​his preference.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Horrible Doctor is not helpful at all.Doesnt even exam you.Justva couple questions that's it. Not friendly at all.Choose another Doctor this guy needs to retire.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Got my TKR for Right Knee, it's good as new. No problems..

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Fell off ladder. Heel turned to mush. Plate & 8 screws. 90 days on the sofa. Leg withered. Crutches & physiotherapy. Got 90% (+) of previous motion back. Can walk, dance, run, jump (&land), snorkel, ski, bicycle, scuba dive, hike... Thought I was ruined for life and would never walk without terrible pain again. Will be forever grateful to Dr.Goplen for helping me recover from a living nightmare.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I simple had a broken bone in my foot. Staff at U of A amazing but follow up with this Dr. was a waste of my time. I realize it was minor but he didn't have much to say when he first saw me and the follow up ended in a 2 hour wait and me walking g out. I wouldd not use him again as he does not respect my time.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Goplen perfomed an emergent femur fixation on me several years ago after an MVA. Though I don't recall meeting with him prior to the initial surgery, his follow-up was excellent. He was very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. I went back to him two years after the initial surgery to have the pins removed, and he was equally amazing. Would recommend him to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Goplen performed ankle fusion surgery as I was in severe pain due to a severely degraded ankle joint. The result was better than what I had expected and I am pain free. Dr. Goplen was very friendly and had excellent professional manners. I highly recommend Dr. Goplen for similar type surgeries.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014