Ratings for Dr. Vivian Kim

Very reasuring and encouraging. My vision improved and stabilized.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Doctor is 1 of 2 retinal specialists contracted with my ins company. I saw her for a bleed in my eye that was affecting my vision, my ability to drive, and my ability to work. I used some vacation time and then requested surgery so I could go back to work. She refused to do surgery but wanted to see if the problem got better. When I asked her to take me out of work on disability, she refused, stating I still had one good eye, I could arrange transportation, I could do modified duty, I could use the remainder of vacation time, and made remarks about my medical office, indicating we were discriminating against hiring men since we only have female doctors and nurse practitioners at my OB/GYN office. Ultimately, I went to her peer for the surgery who gladly took me off on disability and gladly did the surgery at my request. Issues with office staff include: taking 8 days to complete disability forms, filling out forms with incorrect dates, refusing to let me speak to doctor re: dates.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010