Ratings for Dr. Jonn Matsen

Bizarre experience. My intial visit didn't feel personalized at all. He was just talking about contents of mercury and then I was shuffled along to another room where a nutritionist came in and told me about eating healthy. Such a disappointment - I was hoping to gain insight into what food allergies are effecting but instead felt like just another patient.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr. Matsen helped me recreate myself. I would recommend him to anyone looking for guidance on how to help yourself.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I've seen this great doc since 1987 and can only report positive experiences and results. Everyone I've referred to him gets great benefit but only if they are compliant with his recommendations. So it's easy to understand why there are those who have negative reviews, I see it every day in my own business. Most are unwilling to do what is necessary and are instead looking for a magic pill to effortlessly transform. I've sent individuals who were unable to be helped otherwise for chronic chest (heart) pain, long term lupus, a mystery bowel disorder and more. Even got my friend off all meds and over her so called incurable Crohns that she was told she would suffer with for the rest of her life. All were healed in short order and with reasonable fees! Go while he is still practicing, but only if you are truly ready to take responsibility for your health through the daily choices YOU make. When he is not caring for his patients he gives of himself to environmental concerns that benefit all of us! Thank you Dr Jonn. You make the world a better place!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

All his therapy is based on the ileocecal valve theory which nothing really support it other than his books. he spread rhetoric with regards to vaccinations e.g. sudden infant death is due to the mercury in vaccines and when they took out the mercury from vaccines the SID disappeared, which is completely false, statistics show that there where 2,000 last year. on old fashion His therapy is based on out of date naturopathic concepts, basically he gives probiotics, cal/mag, black radish (actually doesn't affect the Ileocecal valve affect detox enzymes, look it up. and a complex homeopathic...diet is so fundamental. He does no testing and thinks everything is gut based, treats everything with what I mentioned, no real specificity.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Matsen changed my life. At 27 I went to him because my breast milk was toxic for my new born daughter. Following his care and instructions, I took all vitamins on schedule, changed my diet , and I'm 2 weeks I was able to nurse my daughter with no issues. Something that 4 medical doctors told me would be impossible. Not only was I able to nurse my daughter, my acne cleared up, I lost 10 pounds in those 2 weeks, had more energy than ever, my digestion was the best it had ever been in my whole life, I slept well and over all felt the best I had ever felt. 7 years later and I follow his program most of the time. When I fall off the health wagon, holiday etc, I notice how terrible I feel and my skin breaks out. I swear by what this man has taught me. He has changed my life for the better and I highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

I went to see Dr Matsen for the second time, my first visit was twenty years ago. I was totally stunned at the difference. He has turned into a used car salesman / pitchman. Selling the same story to everyone. My advice stay clear of this gangster unless you have money to burn..

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Matsen for over 10 years for Crohn's Disease flare ups, etc. I live in Victoria and it is a big expense for me to make the trip to N. Van as I usually have to stay over in a hotel. However, I feel it is totally worth it as he always gets me back to normal health in short order. I could go to a ND in Victoria and have in years past but in my opinion Dr Matsen is the best there is and so I keep making the trip over. I hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

I like to keep my health the very best that it can be. I see Dr. Matsen for a variety of things that have come up over the years. I can always rely on Dr. Matsen to get to the root of what might be going on.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Matsen helped me when no one else could. Naturopaths need to get back to basic Naturopathic medicine like Dr. Matsen practices. He helps more patients from his basic approach healing the gut...love this guy!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Matsen! He helped me with a severe problem that conventional doctors failed to do for 2 years. I am so thankful for seeing him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014