Ratings for Dr. Melissa Johnson

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

Dr. Johnston is personable, professional and thorough. Staff are helpful and follow-up on information and further third party appointments.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Once the good Dr and I got to know each other I have nothing but great things to say about her. She is compassionate,kind and extremely knowledgable. She has called me numerous times long after hours to clarify or provide me with test results. Dr. Johnson works extremely hard to assist me in everyway and spends long hours researching information to present me with the best possible scenerio for health care needs. I am thrilled that St. Thomas is fortunate enough to have such a dedicated physician.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

We recently were "approved" to become patients of Dr. Johnson. Since then, we have tried to attend the Clinic at the office. I have to say that generally there are fewer people than at the public walk in clinic - but honestly we still end up waiting even longer. We have stopped going to Dr. Johnsons clinic and have reverted back to the public walk in. Any time we have contacted her office to get prescription renewals or to ask questions, we literally wait WEEKS to get an answer, even when the local pharmacy gets involved asking for the scripts. Dr. Johnson herself is nice and very knowledgeable, but definitely do not like the waiting for action from her office. Sadly its hard to get a Dr in this area so we will tough it out with her office/staff.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

I found Dr. Johnson to be in one word - snarky. Every time I went in to see her she was abrasive. She needs to take a course in bedside manner. I stopped seeing her - I don't need to be treated like that. She is definitely all about the money. Dr. Johnson sure didn't get into medicine because she has compassion for helping others...that's for sure!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

Dr. Johnson is terrific! She has been more helpful to me than any other doctor I've ever had. She gives me the sense that she sincerely cares about my well being, yet lets me make all the decisions (based on her recommendations, of course). I've been with her for about six months, and I'm already healthier in mind and body... and this is just the start.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Always on time and very knowledgable. I don't mind having to go to the doctor anymore! She actually took the time to do a full office neuro check when I complained of migraines, rather than just prescribe me another pill to get me out of the office. I really appreciated the extra moment of time she took to do that for me.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

I went for my INTERVIEW to see if I was acceptable?I guess? So I was Jan. 2009. Feb. 2009 got very ill went to our local clinic diagnosed and given antibiotics for bronchitis etc. Received a call next wk informing me NOT TO EVER USE LOCAL CLINIC AGAIN ...Dr. Johnson's secretary....so I made follow-up appt. to see Dr. Asked ? can't use Clinic....she proceeded to tell me all her woes she has bills to pay VISAS School Loans one big one the GOVERNMENT takes $ from her evertime I use another clinic other than theirs ...which was not open on the Fri evening by the way. I pointed this out and was told by the Dr. I am to use the ST.THOMAS HOSPITAL ER DEPT (when their clinic is not open).....now if that isn't a waste of valuable ER time as far as I am concerned!! and my valuable time as well I would have to sit and wait anywhere from 4-llhrs on a Fri. night in ER and for sure under 3 hrs in a Clinic. I told this Dr. she was all about $ and NOT health of patients!!Her& I do not see eye to eye!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010