Ratings for Dr. LAWRENCE R. Gaston

Dr. Gaston did not listen to me. I came in with numbness in my toes, plantar faciitis, and a very sore achilles tendon. It hurt to walk. I have had surgery requiring plates and screws in one ankle, and have scars on both sides of that ankle. He did not physically examine my feet at all. He asked me where it hurt, drew on my foot and took photographs. He then x-rayed my feet and when he saw the hardware in my ankle, he acted surprised. He never checked my numb toes. I felt that as soon as he heard me say "fibromyalgia," he was no longer interested in anything I had to say or how much my feet hurt. He did tell me I had bone spurs. When I asked what that was he said, "spurs on the bone," and that was it. He fitted me for an orthotic my warming it and pressing it to the bottom of my foot. I said it felt awfully short. It turns out it was two sizes smaller than my shoe size, and rubbed blisters. I was unable to obtain resolution with him, and had to pay for ill-fitting orthotics.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

We returned our inserts in March and we are still waiting on our refund. Called again today and the lady I talked to said itwas not written in the log. Good thing I asked her to write me a receipt or we would be out of our money.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

An incompetent podiatrist. Surgery for a bunion left me with no feeling in big toe and persistent swelling of ankle. Swelling of ankle ( and subsequently entire leg) was not addressed and dismissed as being 'normal' following surgery. In reality, swelling was due to Lymphedema which went undiagnosed for a year until I consulted another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

I've seen Dr. Gaston on numerous occasions over the past five or six years for three separate foot problems. I have two family members who have also seen him on more than one occasion. All of us have been very pleased with our care. I would second the review that described office staff functioning below acceptable levels. Dr. Gaston, on the other hand, was more than satisfactory.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

Going to this doctor was definitely a weird experience. From the time he came into the room he behaved very strangly. He insisted "I'm no expert" regarding my toenail turning color. If your the specialist you are the expert! His nurse had told me earlier that my toenail turning white "might be arthritis". He didn't touch or examine my toe he just wanted to "look at the pictures of it" that his nurse had taken (not x-rays, just poloroids). He didn't answer questions I had but went off on other topics that had nothing to do with why I was there. I can't imagine having any trust in him treating my toe problem. I will be getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

If you are considering foot surgery, I would advise you to find a doctor who knows what he is doing. I have been left with chronic Lymphedema due to what should have been a routine bunionectomy. Lymphedma is a serious condition for which there is no cure. It has changed my life forever. Please do not make the mistake that I did.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

I've seen Dr. Gaston for three separate conditions over the course of the past three or four years. My spouse and two members of my family have also consulted him. All of us are very satisfied with care we received from Dr. Gaston. The only negative was my last visit to his office; his receptionist took over 30 minutes to complete a task for me that should have taken 10 minutes at the most.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

had an operation on a heel spur, dr, cut the achilles tendon and did not give me a boot or assistive device. with continue pain and inability to walk he just kept shooting me w/ steroids. i have had difficulty walking since then and now have to have another surgery to correct the damage

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010