Ratings for Dr. Betty Stevens-Guille

Dr. Betty is the only psychologist who understood immediately what was happening in my life. She is a fantastic mentor, motherly, positive and direct. I struggled for such a long time and I am very thankful for her help. For me he dog actually diffused my falling apart and helped me communicate my feelings better and Dr. Betty never lost track of what I was talking about. It worked for me and each to their own but if you have some serious issues and want to get to the bottom of them then Dr. Betty is the real deal!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I had a similar experience to another reviewer. The dr's dog , although cute, was entering and leaving the office numerous times during the appmt. Each time she would get up to open the door. She also would check each time someone entered or left the main office, interrupting the appointment. She talked a lot about her own experiences in relation to mine, at times I felt it wasn't focused enough on me. The atmosphere felt scattered, I felt like I had to steer the conversation at times. At the end I got a chapter photocopied from a book as homework. It was weird, I could have just got the book myself and read it! I didn't find her helpful and I went to someone else.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

When I walked up to the office's outer door Dr. Betty Stevens-Guillermo and her dog were just arriving. She didn't know I had an appointment - I booked about 4 hours earlier, yet she wasn't aware and did not expect me. (At the time of booking there was no mention of a dog.) As she fumbled at unlocking her door her dog kept jumping up on my legs. The dog who was off-leash wasn't a threat just poorly trained. Once in her office I was told to ignore the dog and my purse was taken and placed on a shelf so the dog wouldn't chew on it. In the first 15 minutes the session was interrupted twice by the doctor checking to see who had entered the waiting area, (both times the dog left the office and was fetched back by the doctor), once by the doctor putting her tea bag in the garbage and two times by the dog scratching to get out of the office. Was there any focus on my issue? Absolutely not, I excused myself and left before I could be charged for this chaos.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

After seeing 6 psychologists I was thrilled to find one I felt comfortable with. She encourages me on each visit and has never judged (unlike others). She genuinely cares for her patients. Making appointments is easy with her considerate staff. And, if you book appointments in advance, you get a reminder letter. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

By far the best psychologist. Dr. Betty took the time to get to know me and allow me to get comfortable with her. The difference her treatment has made in my life is beyond anything I ever hoped for. I was like a zombie barely living and now I am a vibrant woman who enjoys life and can see a brilliant future again. I would recommend Dr. Betty a million times to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Dr.Betty Stevens-Guille has saved my life. She listened, understood and addressed my problems in a professional, sympathetic and knowledgeable matter. I was fortunate to be referred to her by my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

One of the better ones. If you've gotten no where with others. Maybe try the private sector. She's been very helpful through my ordeal.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr. Stevens-Guille was very knowledgable about my illness, bipolar disorder, and let me know she had experience with it - made me feel very comfortable. She provided information that helped me understand the how biplar works, effects of the illness on my body and thinking. She gave me the emotional support and reassurance I needed, too, including an emergency contact number and willingness to answer emails. I never felt guilty if I didn't go for a long time, and she was always glad to see me and noted any progress I made. I always left feeling positive about something - hard to do! She has her own office, kind of like a living room, no secretary and makes tea when you come to visit. I've seen 7 different mental health professionals over the years, but always come back to her.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010