Ratings for Dr. Elaine A. Melamud

While I'm sure Dr. Melamud is a qualified doctor, I DO NOT recommend going here for many reasons. I went to Khan for years and decided to give the new office a try after she left. Let me first start off by saying the office staff is extremely unprofessional and rude. Aside from the wonderful ladies who takes your blood pressure and the nurse who takes your blood. (They are so lovely and I wish they would go to another office.) I went through a very scary experience and had an early pregnancy loss and was left hanging for days with no support or answers. The only one who called me back with information was the nurse practitioner and that was after hours of waiting on edge for results. I was told I would get a call and was waiting for hours not only to find out the office closed and never called me. I got a call at night from the nurse practitioner only after leaving several messages with the emergency call service. I know there isn't much you can do when this happens but the staff answering the phones made this experience even more frightening. Not once did I ever feel like my concerns or questions were being addressed. I knew my experience was bad but I didn't realize how bad until I recently changed doctors and had a completely different experience. I couldn't believe the support and time this new office and doctor gave me and I was blown away by the care. I never leave reviews but felt this was necessary. Please do not waste your time or energy on this office unless major changes are made.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I have been seeing Dr.Melamud for a few years now. Unfortunalty when I got pregnant I realized that she isn’t the most caring doctor. Earlier this year I was pregnant and over the weekend thought I was having a miscarriage. I called the dr and she didn’t seem to care and told me I was fine but if I wanted “ just go to the emergency room.” Sadly I was having a miscarriage. I never heard from her. No care call or anything. I managed to overlook it and found out in September I was pregnant again! I called the office and made an appointment. I had an ultrasound. She said congrats see you next month. After speaking to many people they told me that this wasn’t not normal. The dr did not tell me ANYTHING. No do’s or don’ts. She didn’t tell me To take prenatal or that I am supposed to drink lots of water. She didn’t tell me anything. She didn’t even hand me a handout since she didn’t seem to have the need to tell me anything. I left my first appointment pregnant and lost. I decided to change doctors. My first visit with the new dr she asked all kinds of very important a questions about me and my family’s health history. She told me all kinds of things I should expect and what to do and what not to do. Than she asked if I had any questions. She gave me a bag of goodies and hand outs on any questions I may have later. Dr. Melamud staff (front desk) was nasty to me when I called with one question. So sad! I am so glad I changed doctors. Lastly Dr. Melamud delivers out of JFK and I have heard horror stories. Jfk’s Reviews prove that. Dr. Melamud was good when I was going for my yearly checkups but once I got pregnant not so much. I do have to say the women ( don’t remember her name” who take blood pressure and weight is lovely and friendly. She is someone I will miss.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

The nurse was very nice, we had a small conversation while see took my blood pressure. She commented on how good my blood pressure was and we talked about the weather. This is where things get much worse unfortunately. I was brought into the exam room and told to undress fully and put on one of those thin paper gowns. That was fine. However, the doctor made me wait in the cold for about 20 minutes while she made small talk outside the room. I also was not given a sheet to cover my lap, you are always given a sheet. When the doctor finally came in, she did not introduce herself and only commented how I was probably just here for an exam since I am in my twenties now. I told her I was here because I wanted new birth control because I have severe hormonal acne. She gave me a rather rude look and said I was on birth control why do I need to change it. I timidly explained to her that the birth control she gave me increased my anxiety and depression to a extreme level, my friends and family even commented on how I changed while being on it for months. Therefore I stopped taking it. I asked her about a new birth control, but she gave me an attitude saying how she gave me the lowest dose possible and there was nothing she could do. She even said birth control has nothing to do with depression and anxiety. She blamed it on me and said it has nothing to do with the pill, it was just me and my other medicine which I have been taking for almost 3 years. I then suggested taking a pill that releases hormones more like a natural cycle. The doctor then looked at me like I had four years and flippantly said all pills are the same and release the same amount of hormones. I convinced her otherwise by asking again saying I did alot of research on different birth control options. Finally she got it and said she could prescribe it.  I felt extremely belittled and not taken seriously because of my 'mental illness' or perhaps my age. The breast exam was okay, but she did not ask to open the top of my gown nor explain what she was doing. Then things got much worse... I had loosely tied the gown closed around my waist, which apparently she did not like because she actually aggressively  ripped my gown open, effectively snapping the tie off. She did not ask nor tell me she was going to do this,  and mind you I did not have the sheet for my lap. She was very rough and then finally got to sitting down in front of me. She knew this was my first time getting an exam and she was not caring or gentle at all. She seemed actually very rushed and annoyed at me being nervous. (I was not tense however). The doctor did not tell me at all what she was doing or asked me any typical questions such as if I had any pain during intercourse or heavy periods. It got even worse from there... she got out a speculum, rather large even though I am pretty petite and used nothing on it, she just aggressively shoved it in, no warning. I jolted in shock as she opened it,  I felt an intense burning pain that shot all through my body. (I have broken my leg before and have a tattoo on my spine; I have a high pain tolerance) She then scolded me and told me to move back towards here but all I could say was, "You are really hurting me." However, she didn't seem to care and insisted I move back towards her so she  could keep going. She knew she has hurt me but kept on going anyway. She then took the sample,  said she was done, and left saying nothing else. I quickly got up, dressed, and ran out of there as quickly as possible. This experience left me feeling vulernable, humiliated, and degraded.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I took a half day from work and they cancelled my appointment 30 min before. Couldn't get me in even though it was their mistake. Took off work and drove there for nothing. Awful service.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Love this doctor. Have seen her for over 10 years. She delivered my 2 kids and did a great job

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

There is no doubt in my mind that Dr. Melamud is not a knowledgable doctor, but the treatment that I received recently was absolutely horrible, so horrible I was appalled that I actually had been putting my health in her hands for over 10 years. I guess that was because i never had any issues for 10 years. Just collect my money and go. Ever since she moved offices it has been nothing but down hill. From the office staff right on through. Lack of care, concern, procedures. She doubted me, I couldn't get her to call me back. It is almost as if the passion is just gone from not only her but everyone that works there too. It's a shame I can only hope her office reads this and turns it around because I have nothing but the most respect for her as a doctor and as a women. We as people go to Dr.'s for comfort I have never had a more stressful experience in my entire life. I have now found a new amazing team from receptionist all the way through. They are available through email, so pleasant, so courteous it is like night and day...

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I moved to Clark a few months ago and didn't want to drive 45 minutes to my old obgyn so I googled and found Dr. malamud. Not only did I wait to be seen for 45 minutes, but she was so unfriendly that I was uncomfortable with her doing my pap. I asked her a question about symptoms I was having that I thought could be pregnancy and she curtly replied that there is no way I'm pregnant and it's all in my head. Ouch! As I was leaving I saw a nurse wave goodbye to a patient and say "congratulations on your pregnancy" and immediately afterward she grumbled "even though it's only been 2 weeks and your pregnancy isn't real yet". I have never met such cold, callous, and rude Female doctors in all of my life. Bases on the reviews, it looks like this is common practice and wasn't just a bad day for them.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

The doctor was pleasant and professional. She made me feel very comfortable during my first-ever gyn exam. I had a lot of questions and she took the time to answer them

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I love her. I used to see her at her old office and so glad I found her again

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

This doctor refuses to speak with patients on the phone. I just had a visit the day before and had a question and she said to schedule another apt. To get it answered. She just cares about money and not the care of her patients.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

Dr. Elaine A. Melamud's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

UnitedHealthcare