Ratings for Dr. Alison Karun

As a OB nurse I would expect a better bedside and also also expect to see someone want to help their patients understand. While she was on my care team as backup doctor, after my recent interaction with her she has been removed.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Terrible bedside manner extrememly rude and condescending. Shetold me while I was having a miscarriage that my baby wasn't a baby.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I agree, very condescending attitude -- cold and unapproachable, which isn't the sort of personality a gynecologist should have. Very disappointed in her, though her nurse was very very nice. Not what I would have expected from SCRMC

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I was suppose to have a procedure done & no one told me that I would need to do a pregnancy test the morning of or they would refuse to do the procedure. I was unable to give a urine sample so Dr Karun refused to do the procedure even though no one from the hospital gave me any instruction beforehand that this was required. She told me that I "should've known" I would need to do a pregnancy test! She said I would have to reschedule the procedure & wait another several weeks to get it done! She seems more concerned about covering her own a** rather than giving quality care to her patients! Very rude & condescending. Then 2 1/2 months later I received a bill from her for an office visit even though she literally did nothing except tell me she was going to do nothing! Outrageous! I will no longer go to this hospital for anything & good thing because as it turns out I had a more advanced case & needed a larger operation or probably would have full on cancer by now!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I met with Dr. Karun today for the first time. She was very helpful, pleasant and, though I didn't have any major questions, she seemed very knowledgeable. My appointment was very prompt. I am very, very picky about which doctor handles my medical needs. I was very impressed with Dr. Karun and I will continue to go to her for my gynecology needs in the future. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Spent a lot of time with me. Did my surgery laparocopically when no one else could.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

Drama Queen. If you would like to be the victim of her latest theatrical performance this is the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010