Ratings for Dr. Barb Maddigan

Dr. Maddigan has been my psychiatrist for years and she is fantastic!!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Spent 20 minutes with my child and we walked out with 2 prescriptions. She did no real assessment and refused to follow up when I indicated the medication was having undesired effects. We ended up in Emerg as a result of the medications prescribed.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Had a pleasant visit with this doctor and she was very helpful to my son and look forward to working with her in the future!!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Madigan was fantastic with my young daughter - Madigan spoke to her as a person and made her feel welcomed. Daughter felt validated and loves speaking with her 'talking doctor'. Very informative and helpful with tips and guides. Great assessment on 1st visit! Follow visit was even better. Yes, she answered her phone herself 1 time in 2 visits but not disruptive. Happy to have her in NL medical system!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

I had an appointment at 12:45 and I was waiting for 30 minutes and she still didn't come out to get me. Five minutes late would have been ok, but 30?

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I found Dr. Maddigan to be personable, however, I think she is quick to prescribe medication and doesn't seem to put any emphasis on Cognative Behaviour Therapy. I agree that not having a secretary keeps her from focusing on her patients when she is talking to them. She frequently answers the phone to take routine and personal calls while she is with patients. Her short hours and long periods off do make it dificult to contact her at times.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

When Dr. Maddigan was a hospital-based psychiatrist, she made a serious misdiagnosis and when my file was sent forward to another city, the misdiagnosis continued. Finally, several psychiatrists confirmed that the problem was an entirely different one. Finally I received the proper medication and therapy and I am functioning well. Dr., if you don't understand the patient or the family and the genetic history, admit it. You are well-meaning, I'm sure, but you contributed to ineffective treatment of me and my family for several years (I am now 20).

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. Maddigan is very personable and was helpful. I do agree that not having a secretary is a problem. She seems to take many call while she is seeing patients. Her hours are short and she takes several months off in the summer. This can make it dificult when a patient needs regular treatment.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr.Maddigan is a fabulous pediatric psychiatrist! She never overbooks and is always available to help parents and their children with any concerns. She has helped our family over the years and we are extremely grateful. Keep up the fabulous work.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

She has no receptionist and in my experience, makes it a pratice of answering phone calls while she is seeing patients. This seems to be routine and not just occasinally when she might have something urgent that needs attending to. Tip: hire a receptionist Barb or let your calls go to a machine and answer them later. Your patients expect your attention, not to be receiving service in between you taking routine calls from other patients. And in the summer when you decide to stop work from June - September, be responsible and give your patients warning that you are not available during the summer and make arrangements for them - not leaving them in a lurch with an answering machine to direct them to their GP or ER! Patients deserve better than that.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010