Ratings for Dr. Anthony Tang

Dr. Tang strongly recommended a second ablation for me after having only 1 episode of palpitation in 2 years. It was a complete failure as he created a permanent heart block for me and I now have a permanent pacemaker. Further to this I have been having at least 2 episodes a day since the surgery 4 years ago. No one in the Victoria office will see me. I feel that they are trying to distance themselves from my case. I have recommended on many occasions that a new pacemaker needs to be installed as the episodes happen at the same exact time every day but they have run the diagnostics a few times and insist there is northing wrong with the computer. Total nightmare.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have a cardiac pacemaker and had to go to the ER in Victoria while traveling as my pacemaker froze for some reason. Dr. Tang was the attending and "adjusted" my pacemaker. It was not adjusted properly and two days later I was in the ER at the Mayo clinic in Arizona with my pacemaker out of control. The problem was fixed, but I had to pay dearly. Not only did I need to pay the hospital emergency room, but I was also asked to pay Dr. Tang separately $1000 from his office. This extra $1000 for 20 minutes of his time was not covered on my US insurance. He promptly sent the bill to a collection agency, and they have aggressively pursued payment.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr Tang fitted me with a pacemaker on an emergency basis after I had declined to go ahead earlier. He and his team were proficient, cheerful, and probably saved my life. He is a top rate surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I was recently diagnosed with SVT and was subsequently referred to Dr. Anthony Tang in Victoria for an EP study and cardiac ablation. I met Dr. Tang the morning of my procedure. I was very nervous but Dr. Tang took the time to explain this procedure to me and answered all my questions. Leah, Dr. Tang's Medical Office Assistant, has also been extremely kind and helpful to me. I have called the office several times, both before and after my procedure, and Leah has gone out of her way to make this unfamiliar (to me) process run smoothly. I cannot thank her enough for her assistance, her patience and her support.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr (and I use that term loosely) Tang performed an atrial fibrillation ablation on me to correct an irregular heartbeat and during the procedure, he punctured my aorta. There was tremendous loss of blood and another doctor was called in to 'try' to save my life. (At one point they told my wife there was nothing more they could do. A social worker was called in). After 11 hours on the table, a miracle worker Dr did in fact save me. I recovered for a week in the same hospital that the botched ablation Mr Tang performed took place in. NOT ONCE did Mr Tang come to my room or even attempt to contact me to say hi or see how I was doing. (I couldn't sue him - I signed a waver). Nice guy - NOT. Scruples - NONE. Ethics - NONE. Skill - you be the judge.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

A very personable doctor. Answered questions readily and very knowledgably. Asked how I felt about treatment and truly listened. Gave great confidence. Staff were also very helpful. Immediate consult with the fibrillation clinic staff was also very helpful

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

I have been diagnosed with severe global left ventricular systolic dysfunction,arterial fibrillation and rapid ventricular rates....blood flow is 30 % of what it should be.My doctor decided on Dr Tang.His office was very hard to reach for an appointment time.I have seen him once after being put in a waiting room for 3 hours. He saw me for 10 minutes and gave me a prescription. I could not get my meds as the prescription was missing information. His office is not answering the phone (again)so no meds to date. I am concerned. His on line credentials seem good.Hopefully things get better soon.I am trying to get better. Rather stressful.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

very friendly and informative. good bedside manner. funny too! the rest of the staff was great too!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Lovey man .He reminds me of the Dahli Lama.Dr Tang has such a healing manner when you are very ill.His presence makes you feel better as he takes your hand and speaks gently and directly to you.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

Staff promised to call me on two occasions, but didn't. Waited for him for 45 minutes on second appointment. I have been under his care for 6 months but have seen him only twice. I had my heart attack over 2 years ago now, and still nobody knows why (the angiogram was clear and clean).

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012