Ratings for Dr. Joel Kaplan

Dr Kaplan is an extremely knowledgeable optometrist and has helped me understand what issues I have been having with my eyes. He has always treated me with respect and takes the time to explain what his findings were. He is always willing to fit me in if there is an issue with my eyes and is genuinely concerned with my overall eye health. He is definitely the best optometrist I've ever seen!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Received my prescription and had glasses made. Couldn't see out of one lense. The Optician recommended I go back to Dr. Kaplan to check the presciption before they fixed up an error they had done in the lab. Dr. Kaplan's refused to see me saying "have the error fixed first and if there remains a problem, come back." This message was delivered by the receptionist. Total waste of time. Spent additional dollars to have my eyes checked again by a different optometrist. Received a totally different prescription. A prescription that works. Recommend you avoid seeing Dr. Kaplan.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Gave me the wrong prescription. I had to go back almost bi-weekly to try to get the right contacts. Then after about a year he just said "Well I don't know why you can't see." and gave up. Really terrible experience & a waste of money and time.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Kaplan prescribed wrong prescriptions but stated they were correct when we went back to see him. I would not return to this optometrist again.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr. Kaplan was very helpful and is great with kids! He provided me with the correct prescription. I was very pleased.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Prescribed the wrong prescription. Could not see out of the new glasses. When I called back to say there was an error in the prescription and that I could not see out of my new glasses the office staff wanted me to wait a few weeks to see him again for a correction. I refused and was seen by his colleague and a new and correct prescription was given. Never again will I go back.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

This doctor seemed to know his stuff cold; however, he was unable to provide me with a correct eye glasses prescription. I was perpetually going back weekly because the prescription was wrong, time after time. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Very pleased with the professionalism of Dr Kaplan and staff at the Osborne Spectacle office. They are very knowledgable and I never have to wait for my appointments. Great frame selection and very helpful. Made buying my glasses a fun experience. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010