Ratings for Dr. Shannon Douglas

Dr. Douglas has the personality of the old fashioned Family GP at Fraser Lake but enhances her practice with all possible modern resources. She also is a GPO (general practice oncology) at the Stage 111 Cancer clinic in Vanderhoof - She is receptive to patient issues; follows up with referrals and concerns immediately; is open to assessing information researched by the patient; will use email communication; provides practical training for the UHNBC student doctors wherein she encourages a two way learning curve. She manages patient caseload with a team on Monday morning walk in group sessions wherein patient issues are addressed, dealt with and referred. I have been her patient for 10 years with diverse conditions and she attended them all with warmth and professionalism. For a Northern Doctor, I could not find better.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Rushed, dismissive and missed follow through. I think she is overworked.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Shannon is amazing!! I would recommend her to anyone I know. She was my family doctor for about 8 years but I have since moved and miss her terribly. I did not realize how spoiled I was at the fraser lake clinic. great group of staff there. Shannon helped me through 2 complicated pregnancies and a very difficult time in my life emotionally as well as tried everything in her power to help with a chonic pain condition. She listens and is open to your thoughts on things, she is very down to earth and easy to talk to. She is so caring, If you really need her she is literally always a phone call away. I have never had another doctor like her and am thinking I never will. If you have her you are so lucky!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

I love Dr. Shannon she is always very helpful and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Doctor Shannon is a wonderful doctor! She has always put any worries or concerns I have had at ease. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. I feel confident in her diagnosis and treatment methods.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2007

I have been using her as my family doctor for some time. She is very friendly, compassionate and reassuring. She has a wide range of knowledge and is always very open and willing to make a referal when needed. She is very much about patient care. Wonderful bedside manner! I would recommend her to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007