Ratings for Dr. Norm Bornau, Retired

I would not recommend this dentist. His staff is nice but he is most unfriendly and really does not care. In fact he does not talk to his patient at all - no "hi", no "what's the problem", no "bye". He sent me to an oral surgeon to get all of my wisdom teeth removed WITHOUT ever seeing an X-ray, just because most people get them taken out. When I asked him why I should get them all removed he said "well sometimes there isn't enough room and you could possibly get an infection if the teeth start to erupt", then he left. He is just very cold and uncaring. I'm going somewhere else!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

After seeing him many times, on one of my check-ups he stated that I needed to crown a certain root canal on the bottom of my mouth because that was standard good procedure. When he made the crown, he did a very poor job of fitting the tooth. My present dentist says the crown could have been shaped much better as now I constantly have food catching in this area in a major way. That aside, the dentist I now see said the tooth should never have been crowned in the first place as there is visible inflammation below the tooth and this is now irreparable without putting on a new crown. The new dentist does not believe the tooth will sustain repeating the process and this may now require an implant. Furthermore, at the same time, he filled an upper tooth for me which had to be redone by my present dentist. It was leaking not more that 6 months after being filled. I also remember him rudely saying to me at one point in this procedure," Is that the widest you can open your mouth?"

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

I have seen this Dentist twice & have to see him many more times. for a tooth extaction & a partial, ect. so don't know yet what I will be billed. My husband started seeing him after our other dentist retired.We are very happy with him.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

I found Dr. Bornau and his staff most professional. Been going for years as well as my children. They love going to the dentist!!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

The staff are fairly friendly, but unfortunately I found out the dentist himself isn't. I have been going to this dentist for years and I've finally seen his bad side, and he can be VERY unprofessional. The staff member put numbing gel in, but had to take it out quickly and stick in the needle since they were running behind. I WASN'T numb! I refused to have the needle in until the numbing gel kicked in and he argued that it was as good as it would get. After a bit of arguing, he kicked me out and referred my mother to a place that would PUT ME UNDER for the procedure, like I was scared! TERRIBLY bedside manners, HORRIBLE professionalism! DON'T EVER go to this dentist! I feel sorry for his kind staff.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

I was in terrible pain with an abscessed tooth (Emergency) and they fit me in. He took a quick look and rushed out, saying "nothing i can do, no time, will give you prescription only" plus $56.99 for peeking at my abscess. The next day i went to Dr. McKenzie and she was wonderful. Needless to say i switched dentists. Dentists can overcharge the public then are not there for you in an emergency?Money is obviously more important than his patients.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

I don't hand out top marks very often, but this guy runs a warm and relaxed office. The staff get along with each other, and the work he does is top notch.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010