Ratings for Dr. Kip Owen

Dr. Owen should have been my first choice! Had been seen by dr. Mike sander twice. Who is arrogant cocky and gives The Stereotype of orthopedic doctors being a$$holes an understatement. Went in for knee pain and had several MRIs done. Was taken into surgery and got my Meniscus repaired. Continued to have knee pain and was informed by dr. Sander that I was non-compliant and I should go somewhere else as he was not willing to help. I am an athlete and it is my lifestyle to be fit and get back into training and got the impression that he only released me to get off his back. I Met with dr. Owen and his staff. As a former athlete and Veteran he was knowledgeable as he was helpful. Turns out, based off my scar tissue I had a torn ACL that should have been noticed by doctor sander when he was repairing my meniscus. Dr. Owen gave me options on surgery and referred me to an excellent post-operative therapy treatment.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

never will go back. he said my pain was all in my head and to go eat ice cream that would help. seriously?... 2 mris showed torn meniscus, knee giving way, swelling and all this was just in my head? after 6 visits he decided to do surgery. had surgery. sent me back to work with no walking restrictions after 2wks of surgery. a day before going in to work my knee swell and was unable to walk. called office explained to staff what was going on and i wanted to see dr... they put me on hold... came back and told me i could not be seen. schedule was full and dr wanted me to go back to work. never came back to him. btw... i am still having trouble with it. NOW i can't walk fast, cant go up the stairs like a normal person would, no climbing, no running, can't walk for long periods of time. surgery was in may... i should be doing my normal daily activities and am not!!! i should have gone to dr bass in harlingen... everyone that has gone to him are happy and on their 100% normal activities.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Office asked me to take my medical records to get them review by the doctor. Never got a call back and when I called to check status they hanged up on me twice! Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Great physician and office staff! Dr. Owen was very helpful, knowledgeable, and empathetic. Staff treated me kindly and with respect. I reccomend Dr. Owen to EVERYONE!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Never go back! Cocky people, if they'll continue, they'll be out of business and they should not blame anybody but themselves!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

if very knowledgeable takes time with his patients explains the condition in a fair matter where patient can under stand

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Dr. Kip Owen's Credentials

• Texas A & M University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal