Ratings for Dr. Eli L. Brown

I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Brown, So I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Eli Brown, but never got that far, because the staff that work in the office where he works are awful, they are very rude. We were experiencing problems with our insurance on that particular day & the office staff would not in any way help. My husband told them that he would just pay cash, that I really needed to see the doctor. They flat told him NO & suggested that he take me to the emergency room. My husband stepped out of the office to call our insurance company to see what was going on & the staff (about 3-4 people) could be heard discussing our situation among themselves. The waiting area was very full, so everyone heard this. The staff had no clue what was going on with our insurance, but decided to talk amongst themselves about how maybe we should pay our bills & we would have insurance. (very loudly) There were other things that was said as well, that they found to be hilarious. (FYI, we pay our bills, because upon leaving this terrible office, we went to the E.R. and our insurance was accepted just fine, they had no problems running it & when we explained what had happened, they were shocked & said the staff could have done more to try & help.) Dr. Eli Brown was informed about the staffs awful behavior & he called my husband personally & apologized. He was embarrassed & shocked by their behavior on that day. I really do not feel as if these people should be employed in this particular job area, obviously patient information is not private, they like to discuss it among themselves (loudly) for other people to hear. If you choose this doctors office, just beware of the staff!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

His beside manner is top notch. I am glad I chose him as by obstetrician and will keep him as my gynecologist.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Brown is one of the best doctors I have ever had. The way that he speaks to you is so calming and respectful. I wish I could say the same about his staff, his front office staff is terrible. no personality, never a smile or kind word. It's a shame that such a wonderful doctor has such a terrible support staff

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Wonderful doctor, his staff beside his nurse is terrible. His nurse is very sweet and helpful. The nurse that does the appointments is terrible she don't give details of nothinf I gave her a day tosetup a surgery she at like I was talking to the paper and no curiosity at all

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

As a former patient of Dr. Brown's I can truly say he is a remarkable doctor. He's extremely thorough and takes his time to explain everything BUT his office staff is beyond terrible! My sister switched doctors in her 7th month of pregnancy because of the rude behavior of his staff. They have no professionalism or people skills, which is horrible because he is wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr Brown is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very professional and seems to generally care about his patients. He is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr. Brown is really a GREAT Dr. He takes time with you to answer any questions or concerns you have and is VERY easy to talk with. Very knowledgeable and professional. HOWEVER the office staff is not the same. I was scheduled for an outpatient surgery and was not called by the office providing me with my surgery date/time. 2 days before the tentative date I called scheduling and was given the exact date/time. Of course no likes to take responsibility so she blamed it on OR/Scheduling dept. Unfortunately, this surgery was unsuccessful and a month later had to have a more extensive surgery. YET AGAIN after calling the office 2x and 4 days later I still have not been called with a surgery date. So I called the Surgery Scheduling dept and as I figured the surgery has not been scheduled and they did not see anything where it has been requested. I have worked in a Pediatrician and Dermatologist office so I know for a fact it DOES NOT take a week to schedule a surgery. Again Dr. Brown is an AWESOME Dr. but his staff on the other hand is not. I've had this experience with 2 different ladies in the office.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

I LOVE doctor Brown..I would not want any other OBGYN..I have been going to Dr. Brown for years..The only issue i have ever had was with staff. A receptionist gave me wrong info when i called to verify my 1st appt. I had two appts this day.. She gave the 2nd appt time for the 1st appt. When she found the error she made it seem ask if i didnt make it clear which appt i needed; instead of admitting her fault and apologizing.. In it all i was almost an hour late for my 1st appt which also pushed the 2nd one back.. But i guess everything isnt perfect..Dr Brown however is a winner...

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Admittedly, I have only been once, after Dr. Brown was recommended to me by a friend. I have never seen a kinder doctor. He is the right balance between professional and friendly, and I felt very at ease. Dr. Eli works fast with his nurses, and the exam was quick and painless. I was so pleased. I wish he was a General Practitioner, too - because he makes other docs seem below par.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

LOVE Dr Brown, he is the MOST CARING gyn! I felt comfortable w him right away (& I was leery of having a male doc) but since ive been seeing him for over 7 yrs now, I cant imagine going to anyone else! His beside manner is calm, cool, and excellent! Even in difficult situations, he is very reassuring. Love the staff as well, never an issue w any of them, they are all really nice.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Eli L. Brown's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 71130 (Grad. 1989)